Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Snacking.  (Read 8199 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Snacking.
« on: May 05, 2005, 06:03:59 pm »

What are your favorite snacks? It doesn't have to be something you eat all the time - if I must move hand to mouth, I usually suck on a diet soda or eat a column of saltines, but neither are anywhere near my Top Five list.

Some things I will treat myself to:

- Yogurt-covered pretzels.
- Andy Capp's Hot Fries (narrowly edging out Flamin' Hot Cheetos).
- Garlic Bagel Crisps.
- Any Combos with that salty, crumbly "cheddar cheese" substance inside.
- Reese's anything.

Come on, people, this board is just fuck*ng dead today.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Snacking.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 06:07:18 pm »

I tend to run hot and cold on particular candies -- much like I do with music, I overindulge until I burn out, then return to it in a few months' time. I've really been on an Atomic Fireball kick lately, although watching Mythbusters last night on exploding jawbreakers may convince me to get off it quickly (or, I don't know, start nuking them to see if I die). Before that, it was stolen-from-the-dining-hall white chocolate chips, which was a deep infatuation followed by a swift and terrible burnout.

On the "salty things" front, I do loves me some Baked Lay's. Pretzel sticks are also very nice, although yogurt pretzels don't quite work for me.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Snacking.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 06:13:32 pm »

Jelly Belly Sours!
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Snacking.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 06:18:16 pm »

I love peanut butter chocolate anything.  I have a great weakness for cookies of most kinds.  For salty snacks, I don't have any clear favorites, but I love cheese and cheese flavored things.  I don't really have any brand loyalties when it comes to snacks, other than Diet Coke.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Snacking.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 06:47:53 pm »

For spicy snacks, I like Wasabi Peas or those red hot peanuts you can get in a little plastic tube at gas stations.  

For candy, I like any variation of the Mike & Ike.  The gas station near my office currently carries "Root Beer Float" Mike & Ikes, which are very, very good.  Super Hot Tamales are nice too;  They're not quite Atomic Fire Balls, but they have more bite than normal Hot Tamales.  

I also think now would be a good time to admit my addiction to gas station food in general.  I'm a big fan of all of the roller grill items that seem to be springing up these days.  This is American innovation at its finest.  I really liked 7-11's taquitos when I first discovered them, then Quik Trip came out with a vastly superior taquito product.  But I've seen everything from Egg Rolls to cheeseburgers to unholy pancake/breakfast sausage rolls cooking on those grills.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 06:50:16 pm »

*Cherry Coke (the only Coke product I drink. Pepsi owns.)
*yogurt raisins
*cherry bites (the little red "licorice" dealies). I used to eat a pound a week in high school
*Doritos. But only real Doritos. None of this ranch or pizza crap.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Snacking.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 06:50:38 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
For spicy snacks, I like Wasabi Peas or those red hot peanuts you can get in a little plastic tube at gas stations.  

For candy, I like any variation of the Mike & Ike.  The gas station near my office currently carries "Root Beer Float" Mike & Ikes, which are very, very good.  Super Hot Tamales are nice too;  They're not quite Atomic Fire Balls, but they have more bite than normal Hot Tamales.


Wasabi Peas are so yummy.  Also, Mike & Ikes used to have a plain root beer flavor, which was the best root beer flavored candy ever.  I go through phases, but not very often, where root beer flavored candy is all I snack on.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Snacking.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 06:54:56 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I've really been on an Atomic Fireball kick lately, although watching Mythbusters last night on exploding jawbreakers may convince me to get off it quickly (or, I don't know, start nuking them to see if I die).


Wait a minute - are you saying that this candy poses a potential threat to your life?
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Snacking.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 06:55:08 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
*Doritos. But only real Doritos. None of this ranch or pizza crap.


The new Black Pepper Jack Doritos are the best variation since the original.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Snacking.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 07:00:48 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
I go through phases, but not very often, where root beer flavored candy is all I snack on.


Have you had those little gummy root beer bottles? I used to be a fuck*ng aphid when it came to those things. I haven't seen or tasted them in years, and they're probably not nearly as good as I remember...

OR ARE THEY

Those hard candy Root Beer Barrels were overwhelmingly root beery, though. How did they do that.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Snacking.
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 07:04:55 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "miles"
I go through phases, but not very often, where root beer flavored candy is all I snack on.


Have you had those little gummy root beer bottles? I used to be a fuck*ng aphid when it came to those things. I haven't seen or tasted them in years, and they're probably not nearly as good as I remember...

OR ARE THEY

Those hard candy Root Beer Barrels were overwhelmingly root beery, though. How did they do that.


I prefer chewy to gummy, but I did like those.  I haven't had those, or the barrels, in years.  I think I feel a craving coming on...

However, I do love those little red bears, which are quite gummy.  But I haven't had them in quite some time, either.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 07:19:06 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Those hard candy Root Beer Barrels were overwhelmingly root beery, though. How did they do that.

I remember those. I think each tiny barrel contained the soul of an orphan. Plus they were made with real sugar instead of HFCS
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Snacking.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 07:21:08 pm »

***EMERGENCY DOUBLE POST***

I can't believe I almost forgot this but

Swedish motherfuck*ng giraffe!

Despite the homoerotic name I still want to try Big Turk.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Snacking.
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 07:22:54 pm »

If you haven't triend the Ketchup Potato Chips found in the above link, do so SOON.  They are very tasty.

Also, anyone else remember PB Max?  Best candy bar ever, in my mind.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Snacking.
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 07:54:56 pm »

-Krunchers brand jalapeno potato chips
-bareass pretzels: no chocolate, no yogurt, no mustard, no cheese, Snyders for preference
-Combos, but only the pretzel and cheese kinds. Those cracker ones are dog shit.
-Fritos and that horrilicious Frito-Lay jalapeno cheese dip that comes in the little cans
-Morningstar farms Buffalo "chick'n" wings
-Th' wife and I ran up to Canada recently and one of the things we came back with was a couple of packages of Coffee Crisp candy bars. Those things are basically like treasure and really need to be easily available in the States.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up