Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is This Even Legal?  (Read 8535 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 06:00:41 pm »

And now a church has booted some of its members for the unforgiveable sin of being Democrats.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/5/5/211218/4946
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 06:30:45 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
And now a church has booted some of its members for the unforgiveable sin of being Democrats.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/5/5/211218/4946

Shouldn't they lose their tax-exempt status for that?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 06:56:53 pm »

Hells yeah.  Kos and similar sites have action items to rat them out to the IRS, contact the press, etc.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2005, 08:09:04 pm »

Ah, and in my home state, even.  Thank God I'm Lutheran.  

My mother told me before the election that if I chose to vote Kerry, God would forgive me.  I guess that's only slightly better than this pastor.  And she wonders why I've never disclosed my vote to her.  I just tell her, "There's a reason we have a secret ballot in this country," and "I'm voting in a way consistent with how you raised me -- to think independently."  It drives her crazy, but she'll never crack me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2005, 08:25:32 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Ah, and in my home state, even.  Thank God I'm Lutheran.  

My mother told me before the election that if I chose to vote Kerry, God would forgive me.  I guess that's only slightly better than this pastor.  And she wonders why I've never disclosed my vote to her.  I just tell her, "There's a reason we have a secret ballot in this country," and "I'm voting in a way consistent with how you raised me -- to think independently."  It drives her crazy, but she'll never crack me.

You could just say you voted for the candidate who would do the most to help the poor, just like Jesus would.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 08:30:16 pm »

And also who wasn't so gung-ho about war.  Just like Jesus.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 02:23:59 pm »

Which would be neither of them.  Kerry voted for the war, he voted for the PATRIOT Act.  The difference between Bush and Kerry would fit in a flea's asshole.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 02:39:37 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
The difference between Bush and Kerry would fit in a flea's asshole.


you believe that had Kerry won the Presidency, he would have spent millions of tax dollars setting up staged "town hall" events that only allowed supporters in to convince those supporters that Social Security needs to be overhauled into a Welfare System?  that had he then went on to win re-election, he would re-nominate extreme judicial nominees that had been fairly rejected in his first term in an effort to destroy the very purpose of the minority-voiced Senate in its relation to the majority-voiced House?

or do you just believe that those two things, for instance, would fit in a flea's asshole?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 03:05:47 pm »

Oh, shit, could we please not do this here?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2005, 03:32:54 pm »

Limmo's objections noted. Guys, this sort of thing can go to PM -- I hate to be the fascist mod here and start giving out Onion Offense cards, but I'm watching this thread and will consider locking it.

Why don't we all go talk about snacks instead? I think that would be fun. Everyone likes snacks! Also I hear there are fun threads about music, books, and booze active, and I presume that, from the set of {music, books, booze, snacks}, there is at least one you like and would like to post about.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 03:19:06 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Limmo's objections noted. Guys, this sort of thing can go to PM -- I hate to be the fascist mod here and start giving out Onion Offense cards, but I'm watching this thread and will consider locking it.

Why don't we all go talk about snacks instead? I think that would be fun. Everyone likes snacks! Also I hear there are fun threads about music, books, and booze active, and I presume that, from the set of {music, books, booze, snacks}, there is at least one you like and would like to post about.


We could also talk about porn. I mean, that's better than a pointless than arguing which politician is worse, right? RIGHT?

Breast Attack on Fuck Mountain REPRESENT
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 03:27:26 am »

Vote for this guy.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 09:48:41 am »

Mantonio, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

So, I pose the question to all: how precisely would you go about launching a Breast Attack on Fuck Mountain? Assume unlimited resources.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 06:44:22 pm »

If I had access to unlimited breasts, Do you really think I would launch an attack on fuck mountain?

He's got fuck mines, I have unlimited breasts - sounds like an opportunity for trade to me.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is This Even Legal?
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 06:46:45 pm »

I read it as being attacked by Breasts while I was on Fuck Mountain. The only question is if they were floating breasts on their own (or in pairs, anyway) or if there were women attached.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up