Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: So...what y'all drinking?  (Read 12405 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 02:56:04 pm »

Oh, oh!  I have recently begun a love affair with Bombay Saphire Gin, and have enjoyed many a Tom Collins and also a nice Gin and Juice combo.  Anyone else drinking Gin?  Any suggestions?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2005, 04:14:03 pm »

Bombay Sapphire is great stuff.. I usually just through some tonic water in it and call it a day though.

If you're ever in the mood for something a little less sweet on the Gin bar of flavor, Tanqueray's No. 10 isn't bad either.  (Don't go for the regular Tanq though.. it's beneath you m'dear.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2005, 10:29:13 pm »

For New Year's Eve, that is?

A group of us from where I work are going to an Italian restaurant downtown where we have a private room reserved, and where we can bring our own wine (but I might be sneaking in a flask of bourbon or gin).  I picked up a bottle of wine yesterday, and I think I'll make one more liqour store run today.  It's too late to ask for recommendations from y'all, but I'll make out OK, even though I never buy wine.

What plans does everyone else have?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2006, 01:44:35 am »

I have to be at work at 5:00 am on New Year's Day, so my NYE plans involve sleeping through for the first time since I was like, 8. The lack of drinking, I plan to make up copiously during the new year.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2006, 03:25:28 am »

A few friends and a ton of fireworks.

And a cuban cigar to light them with.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2006, 07:44:40 am »

With three other people, I shared 2 bottles of Distant Bay pinot noir and 1 bottle of some blanc de noir bubbly tonight. In addition, I had a Woodford Reserve and ginger ale beforehand, and another bourbon & ginger before we left the restaurant. (We took a cab.) Before we left, the four of us shared a cheap bottle of cordon negro "champagne" that was more like a sparkling water than a wine.

Here's us having a good time:
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2006, 08:31:19 pm »

Well, I had the time of my freaking life last night.  I think I had two bottles of wine (a pinot noir and a chardonnay) minus one glass, a shot of tequila, and a few mixed drinks (Tom Collins and Gin & Tonic).  The best part was going to breakfast this morning and being told how great of a time I had.  Today, I start my diet.  No alcohol for at least two weeks, and no beer for probably a month.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2006, 04:58:14 pm »

I had Dom for the first time on NYE.  My friend got a bottle as part of his Christmas bonus and he decided to share it among friends, so we split it six ways before dinner.  I'm not much of a champagne guy so I'm afraid the experience was wasted on me.  The only thing I particularly liked about it was a distinct lack of sulphuric aftertaste that I usually get from cheap sparkling wines.

After that, we went to a restaurant that makes its own beer.  I had two glasses of Elevator Xtra Lager to go with my beef tenderloin medallions.  We rented adjoining rooms at a hotel and 16 people piled in to share drinks, laughs and beds.  A friend of mine brought up from Atlanta a case of Sweetwater Blue beer, and other partygoers brought various beers, wines and sparkling wines.  I didn't get very drunk until the next day when I watched the Browns play the Ravens at a sports bar: Five tall Miller Lite drafts later, I was being interviewed by the local ABC affiliate for my opinion on Maurice Clarett and his alleged aggravated robbery.

So basically, on New Year's Day the ABC station in town aired an interview with a man who'd consumed probably 500 ounces of booze in the 24 hour prior to being on camera.  I didn't remember saying half the things I did until I saw myself say them on TV.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2006, 05:25:49 pm »

Is that a CLEVELAND FORCE Jersey?

If so: Awesome. My wife used to know the guy that dressed like Darth Vader and walked out on the field in the fog and darkness before the team came out of the locker room.

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2006, 06:31:03 pm »

I think I forgot to drink anything on New Year's Eve - maybe I had a little bit of sake - but I woke up feeling like I had a hangover anyway.  I decided to think of it as the economical and efficient way to do it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2006, 05:34:08 pm »

Is that a CLEVELAND FORCE Jersey?

If so: Awesome. My wife used to know the guy that dressed like Darth Vader and walked out on the field in the fog and darkness before the team came out of the locker room.



It WAS a Cleveland Force jersey and then I changed my avatar.  I have a small collection of Force jerseys - indoor soccer ruled my elementary school years.  Too bad it's such a fringe sport.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2006, 02:50:10 am »

I had made it my New Year's resolution to have an alcoholic beverage every day for the year. I made it to the 3rd.

I still try the occasional new beverage, but I haven't found anything yet that will stop me from ordering multiple Jack and Cokes when I'm out. Except the Texas margarita at the local Mexican joint, but really, who orders non-margaritas at Mexican places?

(whoo-hoo! Post count upgrade!)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2006, 02:00:34 pm »

I had made it my New Year's resolution to have an alcoholic beverage every day for the year.


Oddly enough, my New Year's resolutions are generally the exact opposite of yours.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2006, 08:50:04 pm »

who orders non-margaritas at Mexican places?

Me (I don't).  A place near me called El Vaquero has 36oz. draft beers.  The frosty mugs are comically oversized and, therefore, the sole reason why I'll get an MGD with my burrito instead of a margarita.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2006, 01:14:18 am »

True... our local place has those same 36 ouncers, and I have three friends who, upon recollection, order them. I also have an acquaintance who orders Fuzzy Navels and Pina Coladas and that sort of shit, despite the fact that he's a dude. But that doesn't count.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up