Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Wiki  (Read 38451 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2007, 01:06:51 am »

Wiki News:

A-CAP is now an admin.  So be nice to him. ;)

The MediaWiki software has been at long last updated to the latest version.  It was not a trivial upgrade, and it made me very grumpy to reset all of those symbolic links and re-upload things several times.  Anyway, it's all better, now.

There are hell of extensions to this thing so let me know (either here or there) if we'd like any of them.  I think the spam blacklist is rolled into the new version, and there may be other settings that Golfhaus and A-CAP (among others) can experiment with.

Good stuff.  Let me know if you discover any problems or have any requests.


You know, Jough - you are a gentleman and a scholar (my sainted mother used to always say that). I, for one, really appreciate all your work around here. I haven't looked too much at the Wiki, but this mother works hella smooth, and I figure it's all because of you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 03:45:13 am »

Aww shucks, it ain't no thing.

I've been pretty much away from the board for awhile.  It's hard to find time these days.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2007, 04:03:13 am »

Aww shucks, it ain't no thing.

I've been pretty much away from the board for awhile.  It's hard to find time these days.

I heard that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 03:44:13 am »

ATTN:  the wiki has been crashed
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2008, 06:58:45 pm »

So, does anyone know if it will ever come back?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »

Someone who cares should probably email Jough.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2008, 04:22:24 am »

Someone who cares should probably email Jough.

Did anybody email him? I don't want to flood him with the nine millionth "the wiki's down" email. Oh well, I'll send a PM.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 03:11:10 am »

No one ever emailed me.

I fixed the wiki, if by "fixed" you mean "TRUNCATE objectcache";

Hopefully nothing important was in there.

Also, the wiki is hell of possessed by spam.  It is pretty much useless now.

But whoever cares, enjoy!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 03:17:02 am »

No one ever emailed me.

I sent you a PM about the wiki.
I cleaned up the wiki before and I guess Ill do it again.


Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2008, 03:29:08 am »

Rock on.  Yeah, I wasn't getting emails when someone PMed me, but I fixed that now.

Oh, I should make sure it's going to a real email address, though.  I now send all my domain email into the /dev/null void and let Teh Google deal with my mountain of spam.

If there's anything that I can do to make the Wiki less spamorific without having to do any actual work, by all means let me know.

7A65726F

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
  • Did you know I want to commit suicide?
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2008, 08:21:44 pm »

And there is currently a problem with memory allocation on the Wiki as well - I cannot access most pages.

So, is this wiki going to be worked on and spruced up any time soon? Because I am hell of raring to write about some Achewood.
In lieu of a working Achewiki, I may just create a new one and start submitting things.
But if this wiki is going to be revived, I don't want to create a competitor Wiki and fudge yours up in that way.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2008, 08:26:15 pm »

the current wiki has basically AIDS and no one has been able to cure it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 01:00:26 am »

Why do we have a wiki anyway?  Doesn't Wikipedia already have an Achewood wiki?  How about y'all wiki lovers go beef up (pun intended) that page?  It's got all of the basic information, but it could go a lot further.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 06:48:52 pm »

OK, so I google "Cartilage Head" (don't ask), and I got our own Achewiki, and here's what's on the page:

erotiek movie sex woman xnxx zoofi broadway theaters sexy adult video clip picture skelaxin amature xxx video state farm insurance charlottesville va free lg vx 6000 ringtones adobe premiere pro 1.5 cracks mapa de camuy

With links to the kind of crap you'd expect.

So it's basically become a big spam repository.  How about we shut it down?


Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 10:22:19 pm »

Oh man.  That is the saddest thing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up