Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Wiki  (Read 38448 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Wiki
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 08:33:06 pm »

There are a lot of specialty wikis for stuff like this. This Might Be a Wiki for example.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Wiki
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 11:17:42 pm »

Yeah, I tried to make a page about Dr. Kisses at the Wikipedia but someone marked it for deletion a few hours later.

Bastards.

Anyway, if you're curious about the types of things that are in the Achewiki, you can go there (see my sig) and see for yourself.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 12:46:59 am »

http://greatoutdoorfight.com/index.php/Main_Page

Not sure if this belongs here. I don't think it was set up that long ago but it's already quite extensively furnished. I'm sure that with Achewood's new fanbase there will be an entry for every champion by tomorrow.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2006, 12:52:29 am »

I don't know if that great outdoor fight site is really needed, since the Achewiki covers the fight pretty extensively already.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2006, 05:12:26 am »

I don't know if that great outdoor fight site is really needed, since the Achewiki covers the fight pretty extensively already.

GUH
ITS FAN FICTION

People I have no problem with ficiton that invites interaction with the user, but Onstad has been pretty clear in delineating that he feeds us pap and we take it quietly.
Logged

psilogen

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉE BAGUÉEEEEEE
    • View Profile
    • important information
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 06:27:52 am »

GUH
ITS FAN FICTION

People I have no problem with ficiton that invites interaction with the user, but Onstad has been pretty clear in delineating that he feeds us pap and we take it quietly.
Was the GOF Wiki created by this community, or another? Me and some folks I know from a Different Place have been writing/editing articles, and I'm not sure if we're stepping on someone else's "turf" or what-have-you, and we'd rather not get into some retarded Revert War.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 08:32:09 am »

I don't know who started the GOF wiki, but I don't think they post here.  The Achewiki was started by folks here, and maintained by some regulars.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 04:38:26 pm »

Do you follow the original Wikipedia rule about not using any original research?  because if you ignore it, I'd like to include my belief that Chris has in several ways based roast beef on himself.  For instance, Beef being the only character to be shown quitting smoking, something which Chris made a big deal out of, and also the computer programming, and also some other things mentioned in passing in both alt-text, the paid archive, and wherever else it might be seen.  There is plenty of evidence that this is at least to some extent the case.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 05:27:39 pm »

Do you follow the original Wikipedia rule about not using any original research?  because if you ignore it, I'd like to include my belief that Chris has in several ways based roast beef on himself.  For instance, Beef being the only character to be shown quitting smoking, something which Chris made a big deal out of, and also the computer programming, and also some other things mentioned in passing in both alt-text, the paid archive, and wherever else it might be seen.  There is plenty of evidence that this is at least to some extent the case.

The general consensus is that most of the core characters are autobiographical. T's food obsession and Pat's temper regarding the mundane are the two that come immediately to mind.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 04:49:49 am »

What's it take to get super powers on this thing (banning?) I've been hell of cleaning up the place.
Thanks.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2007, 06:20:57 pm »

Hello everyone. From under a tree in Washington Square Park, I have removed all spam (visible and invisible) from all pages and discussion pages.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 06:41:12 pm »

Good work!  Have a can.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 01:43:50 am »

Keep it up and we'll make you an admin up in that piece. The spam was really getting out of control.  There was talk of making people register to edit, but I don't know.

What say you all?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2007, 01:49:07 am »

Keep it up and we'll make you an admin up in that piece. The spam was really getting out of control.  There was talk of making people register to edit, but I don't know.

What say you all?


Resistering could work. Apparently there's also an update to MediaWiki that helps reduce spam.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Achewood Wiki
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 12:05:50 am »

Wiki News:

A-CAP is now an admin.  So be nice to him. ;)

The MediaWiki software has been at long last updated to the latest version.  It was not a trivial upgrade, and it made me very grumpy to reset all of those symbolic links and re-upload things several times.  Anyway, it's all better, now.

There are hell of extensions to this thing so let me know (either here or there) if we'd like any of them.  I think the spam blacklist is rolled into the new version, and there may be other settings that Golfhaus and A-CAP (among others) can experiment with.

Good stuff.  Let me know if you discover any problems or have any requests.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up