Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05  (Read 4303 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:55:48 pm »

Sure, this one's a toss-off. But it seems like it's a lot of good one-liners that just didn't fit into any of the comics.

Or maybe couldn't be stretched out into their own comic context.

Still, It's like getting a week's worth of quotables in a day. And that's pretty good! Yeah!

EDIT TO FIXING THE THREAD TITLE: Low quality gifs strike again!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 01:02:48 pm »

Won't somebody please think of the hats!
Logged

lloyd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.alligevel.blogspot.com
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 01:05:40 pm »

What does that even mean?!

Hee hee hee!

Oh the wonder of being five years old - you get all sorts of wondrous facts stuck under your scalp (among your scallops?) just long enough for you to wonder intensely for a few minutes, then on to the next thing!

Oh, the wonder of being five: No Tomatoes.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 01:11:55 pm »

I know what I'm doing this afternoon.

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 01:14:50 pm »

Quote from: "lloyd"
What does that even mean?!

Hee hee hee!

Oh the wonder of being five years old - you get all sorts of wondrous facts stuck under your scalp (among your scallops?) just long enough for you to wonder intensely for a few minutes, then on to the next thing!

Oh, the wonder of being five: No Tomatoes.


I said goofy things when I was five. For instance, I tried having a conversation with a fern plant.

But still, my own inspired silliness, goofy facts, and such things were nowhere on the level of what Philippe has picked up so far in life.

I guess it's all in the company you keep.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 02:58:27 pm »

This is good stuff. Also, I wonder if Onstad has been browsing the Modern Humorist Archives: http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0008/zoomy/index.cfm
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 04:05:44 pm »

Don't look at fat people! They know what you're up to.

I think that cracks me up the most out of all of these, but I love them all. Philippe-isms are always great fun in my head.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

lloyd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.alligevel.blogspot.com
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 04:52:15 pm »

Quote
I think that cracks me up the most out of all of these, but I love them all. Philippe-isms are always great fun in my head.


Oh, that reminds me of Homosexuals, definitely my favourite Philippe-ism.
 
Where are you now, Homosexuals? I've been through three elections since I saw you last... Come back!


(oh, and that's the American, Danish and English elections - in all cases the war-mongering party-in-power stayed in power. Homosexuals could well have made a difference, that's for sure).
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 06:33:30 pm »

Am I the only retard who read that as a "person with a damaged ear"?

It made sense to me.

I wonder what scallops brains (or whatever CNS tissue they have)  taste like. Human flesh?
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 07:06:13 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Am I the only retard who read that as a "person with a damaged ear"?

It made sense to me.


That's how I read it too. In fact, why would a person with a damaged car need to stay close to a song announcer? Is it maybe a typo?
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 08:49:19 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Am I the only retard who read that as a "person with a damaged ear"?

It made sense to me.


That's how I read it too. In fact, why would a person with a damaged car need to stay close to a song announcer? Is it maybe a typo?


I had to hold up a magnifying glass to my monitor to verify it. But it is fixed now. Yes.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 08:49:42 pm »

I am almost certain it is actually "damaged ear," but the subject is quaint enough that it's staying as it is.

Anyway, speaking as a verified Fat Person, Philippe is right. We know.
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 02:33:45 am »

for some reason i imagined mitch hedberg reading all of this and it totally worked
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 03:54:19 am »

Quote from: "Noah"
for some reason i imagined mitch hedberg reading all of this and it totally worked


Well great. I was laughing, but now I am depressed.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 08:36:02 am »

A similar line to "What does that even mean?!" appears in mr. Bear's May 7th blog. Corneleus again has trouble coming to terms with MILF: "whatever that means." The old aloof and young innocents all fall to the mighty swears of young bears.
Logged
I am older now.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up