Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Poll

Achewood Convention

Great Idea
- 10 (76.9%)
Terrible Idea
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 16, 2005, 03:26:52 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Convention  (Read 16725 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Achewood Convention
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 10:54:14 pm »

And that'd be only... *consulting greyhound.ca*... a little over a day on the bus for me!  

Actually, upon looking at a map of America, Kentucky's closer than I assumed it would be.  I have this problem where I assume that everything in America is really, really far away from here.  It absolutely blew my mind when I visited SO at his parents' house in Vermont and it was closer to here than the anda-family home in Ontario.  In my mind, America is a distant and magical land.

Edit:  Got off-track.  The point is that I'd like to hang out with you guys and would take an epic bus trip to a country that terrifies me to do so.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 11:25:15 pm »

Kentucky would be convenient to my ancestral homelands in Ohio too.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 11:37:46 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Actually, upon looking at a map of America, Kentucky's closer than I assumed it would be.  I have this problem where I assume that everything in America is really, really far away from here.


Louisville is a 4 hour drive from Chicago.  Not that that's in Canada, but it's getting close.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 05:15:51 pm »

As the parent of a newish baby, I'm still trying to figure out which end is my ass, and I'm guessing Onstad's in the same boat.  Maybe next spring is a better bet.  

KY is fine by me; with the kid, it's got to be someplace I can drive to if I'm to attend.  Especially since Pedro and I would both come, which would require buying not one, but two overpriced airline tickets if it were in SF.

Aaaaand...that's all the time I have.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 05:28:23 pm »

Once the baby is a year old, you have to buy the airplane seat. Under that, they can fly in arms or lap for free. So obviously before next February is better for me, assuming I'm not flying stag to an Achewood orgy in which case, never mind.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 05:55:02 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Achewood orgy

This topic just got interesting. Wait, what's our m:f ratio?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 06:08:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Achewood orgy

This topic just got interesting. Wait, what's our m:f ratio?

Not good, if you're a dude.  And i've seen pictures of most of you so guys so i'm guessing it's not good for the ladies either.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 06:36:43 pm »

Yeah, I get the feeling that a TOUAMB orgy would basically be the motliest orgy crue ever. I cannot see that ending in any way other than heartbreak.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 06:46:02 pm »

We might have to get some outside talent. Or give up on the orgy idea and just watch videos of smells in her own filth.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Convention
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 07:20:25 pm »

Yeah, the only way to make an orgy fun for "people from the internet" is to hire escorts (for both the mens and womens).

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 07:45:20 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm still saving up for Donny Dodecahedron's trip to eat weird food in Scandinavian countries.

Yeah, what's the status of that Donnybrook 'ol boy?  You were gonna look into prices for a charter or sumthin'...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 08:29:37 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, the only way to make an orgy fun for "people from the internet" is to hire escorts (for both the mens and womens).

Either that or wait for the whole archetype system they have in Snow Crash.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 08:32:07 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, the only way to make an orgy fun for "people from the internet" is to hire escorts (for both the mens and womens).

Either that or wait for the whole archetype system they have in Snow Crash.

Oh no, lets keep the GTA talk in Sports and Leisure where it belongs.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 09:30:43 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, I don't see this happening any time soon, but it's a good idea.

I'm still saving up for Donny Dodecahedron's trip to eat weird food in Scandinavian countries.


Seconded. Walrus in Hot Pot beats comic convention anyday.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005, 09:33:05 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Achewood orgy

This topic just got interesting. Wait, what's our m:f ratio?


NO.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up