Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Poll

Achewood Convention

Great Idea
- 10 (76.9%)
Terrible Idea
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 16, 2005, 03:26:52 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Convention  (Read 16781 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2005, 11:25:34 pm »

out of the top 50 posters, I think 9 are female and 34 are male - The other 7 could go either way and I assume some of the total do go the other way (So to speak), so it's not the optimal orgy situation unless we are talking a lot of curiousity and experimentation which I would encourage a lot more if the ratio was skewed the other way...

Ahem.

Anyhow, what is plan B?
Logged

editor

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 41
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005, 11:36:55 pm »

Posters on another forum I hang out at meet for a Con every year.  Last year's Con was held 10 min. away from where I live and work and this year is shaping up to be the same as well.   That being said, on the day of the Con I went to go get my car's oil changed instead of hanging out with a bunch of guys who are dedicated fans of a 20+ yr. old anime.  

I forgot what my point was.
Logged
Congratulations, you broke the Internet.  Good job.


Don't you hate #####?

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2005, 11:43:48 pm »

Orgies aside, I'd probably be up for having a drink with anyone from the board, but I'm not in a position to make a big trek of it right now.  Anywhere within a half-day drive from "the middle of everywhere" I could probably do.

I’m expecting this to be awkward and uncomfortable, or I’ll want my money back.


Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
out of the top 50 posters, I think 9 are female and 34 are male - The other 7 could go either way

As a tangent, am I the only one who was surprised to see that Onstad is in the top 50 posters?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2005, 12:03:33 am »

It doesn't surprise me that much that Onstad is in the top 50 -- there were a lot of posts initially (before the baby was born and/or boredom set in), and after you get through about the top fifteen post counts start dropping precipitously. There are some other posters on the top fifty I wouldn't have expected.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2005, 12:05:57 am »

actually, on the whole drinks-but-no-orgy tip, aren't a bunch of the people here from the mid-Atlantic/DC area? As referenced earlier, there was some sort of Zoo trip. While I am not a zoophile like those people, I could see a semiregular thing of it, if only because if Achewood people stop being interesting, there's always beer.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2005, 01:53:49 am »

Yes, I think there are enough DC area folks that it would be worth it to have a more beercentric gathering than the last one, and take pictures and make everyone else jealous about how much fun we are having without them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2005, 03:50:44 am »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Orgies aside, I'd probably be up for having a drink with anyone from the board


Hell, the 3 I had with Dawg were 3 of my favorites of the past few years. It's quality of the company, not that of the beverage.

That said, if the beer were Celis White or any Budweiser variety, I would bring my own and deliver to anyone who asked for one of mine a punch directly to the gut and/or kidney.


_________________
I likes my beer.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2005, 05:32:02 am »

When I'm back in NYC, I can see myself taking a bus down to DC. Fung Wa, mofos.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2005, 07:13:03 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Orgies aside, I'd probably be up for having a drink with anyone from the board


Hell, the 3 I had with Dawg were 3 of my favorites of the past few years. It's quality of the company, not that of the beverage.

That said, if the beer were Celis White or any Budweiser variety, I would bring my own and deliver to anyone who asked for one of mine a punch directly to the gut and/or kidney.


_________________
I likes my beer.


This is why quitting my job was extra sad, choop. I would be drinking with you again in a matter of weeks.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2005, 02:23:59 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Yes, I think there are enough DC area folks that it would be worth it to have a more beercentric gathering than the last one, and take pictures and make everyone else jealous about how much fun we are having without them.


I'm thinking Brickskellar...

I must drink beer. Beer is the mind killer....
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2005, 02:40:02 pm »

Is that the place with hundreds of kinds of beer?  I might have to bring my husband.  He probably wouldn't care if I went to an Achewood-themed orgy without him, but the possibility of that many kinds of beer is another story.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2005, 03:00:28 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Is that the place with hundreds of kinds of beer?  I might have to bring my husband.  He probably wouldn't care if I went to an Achewood-themed orgy without him, but the possibility of that many kinds of beer is another story.


Yes, that's the place.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2005, 03:23:11 pm »

If it weren't so damned far away from public transportation I'd say Old Dominion. I don't like beer but they have a dandy root beer on draught.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2005, 03:34:57 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
If it weren't so damned far away from public transportation I'd say Old Dominion. I don't like beer but they have a dandy root beer on draught.


Where are you?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2005, 03:50:12 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
If it weren't so damned far away from public transportation I'd say Old Dominion. I don't like beer but they have a dandy root beer on draught.

Where are you?

In in north Arlington (right by Ft. Meyer) but I lived in Ashburn about 2 miles from the Old Dominion brewery for almost 15 years so it was a frequent spot for family dinners.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up