Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Quote Thread  (Read 10402 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« on: August 21, 2003, 06:56:21 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


Drop the underground? He already tried that. Way back at the start of the strip there were a few where they had to get stuff from the human world (trying to get the taxi to pick up movies, etc) and it kind of limited the stories. It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.


I should have fleshed that out: just have RB go to the mall for his under#####, not some special mall that only cats and stuffed animals have access to. The human world hasn't had a place in Achewood since the early strips you mention (apart from tv shows and such like), so the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 06:57:53 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


Drop the underground? He already tried that. Way back at the start of the strip there were a few where they had to get stuff from the human world (trying to get the taxi to pick up movies, etc) and it kind of limited the stories. It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.


I should have fleshed that out: just have RB go to the mall for his under#####, not some special mall that only cats and stuffed animals have access to. The human world hasn't had a place in Achewood since the early strips you mention (apart from tv shows and such like), so the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Quote Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 09:48:43 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


Drop the underground? He already tried that. Way back at the start of the strip there were a few where they had to get stuff from the human world (trying to get the taxi to pick up movies, etc) and it kind of limited the stories. It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.


I should have fleshed that out: just have RB go to the mall for his under#####, not some special mall that only cats and stuffed animals have access to. The human world hasn't had a place in Achewood since the early strips you mention (apart from tv shows and such like), so the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.

But think about the beauty of discussion on this board: where else in the world would that above sentence (from JLD) be funny, or even understood?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 09:51:42 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


Drop the underground? He already tried that. Way back at the start of the strip there were a few where they had to get stuff from the human world (trying to get the taxi to pick up movies, etc) and it kind of limited the stories. It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.


I should have fleshed that out: just have RB go to the mall for his under#####, not some special mall that only cats and stuffed animals have access to. The human world hasn't had a place in Achewood since the early strips you mention (apart from tv shows and such like), so the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.

But think about the beauty of discussion on this board: where else in the world would that above sentence (from JLD) be funny, or even understood?


I'm glad you approve.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Quote Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 09:57:19 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Quote Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 10:24:42 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.
Might have to get it blown up and wall-mounted!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Quote Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 10:52:40 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 02:08:06 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
The Quote Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2003, 01:44:27 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.


It looks like... it looks like... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. ever ending or beginning, on an ever spinning wheel. Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon...
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Quote Thread
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2003, 01:46:26 pm »

Quote from: "revdj"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.


It looks like... it looks like... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. ever ending or beginning, on an ever spinning wheel. Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon...


I think we've just discovered forum Taoism.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 03:16:30 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "revdj"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.


It looks like... it looks like... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. ever ending or beginning, on an ever spinning wheel. Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon...


I think we've just discovered forum Taoism.


I think we've just discovered how to annoy everybody trying to have a serious conversation.  This is splitting and going to "sights."  Because it's pretty.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 03:21:27 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "revdj"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.


It looks like... it looks like... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. ever ending or beginning, on an ever spinning wheel. Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon...


I think we've just discovered forum Taoism.


I think we've just discovered how to annoy everybody trying to have a serious conversation.  This is splitting and going to "sights."  Because it's pretty.

Good call, jl. Also, my name was getting buried way too far inside the nesting.

CortJstr belongs on top! Ya hear me? On top, baby!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2003, 03:26:55 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "revdj"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.


It looks like... it looks like... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. ever ending or beginning, on an ever spinning wheel. Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon...


I think we've just discovered forum Taoism.


I think we've just discovered how to annoy everybody trying to have a serious conversation.  This is splitting and going to "sights."  Because it's pretty.

Good call, jl. Also, my name was getting buried way too far inside the nesting.

CortJstr belongs on top! Ya hear me? On top, baby!


Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...if you scroll down the page really fast without stopping to read stuff, it looks really pretty and might make you sick.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Quote Thread
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2003, 03:32:36 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "revdj"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.


It looks like... it looks like... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. ever ending or beginning, on an ever spinning wheel. Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon...


I think we've just discovered forum Taoism.


I think we've just discovered how to annoy everybody trying to have a serious conversation.  This is splitting and going to "sights."  Because it's pretty.

Good call, jl. Also, my name was getting buried way too far inside the nesting.

CortJstr belongs on top! Ya hear me? On top, baby!


Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...if you scroll down the page really fast without stopping to read stuff, it looks really pretty and might make you sick.


It really has stopped being text and become something entirely arbitrary. I wonder if a Statistician could develop some equation based on our posting percentage, and the shape of this... graph, and come up with some scary prognostications for our lives?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Quote Thread
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2003, 03:50:35 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "revdj"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "jough"
I think 'stad dropped the "alive stuffed animals" conceit a while ago.

So now Philippe is just Philippe.


Now if he'd just drop that stupid "Underground" thing...


It just makes more sense that they have access to their own society.

 the whole "ooo, we're going to the Underground" comes off as a bit twee in my view.


I just wanted to see how many levels of quotes we could succesfully embed. It's like standing between two mirrors.  Freaky!


Just quote as many times as you want, dear, and the good Lord will provide.  

Heaven forgive me for this.


That's just terrible, but at least it's Achewood-centric.


I'm glad you approve.


I neither approve nor disapprove - I am message-board-posts-insouciant now, as I am happy with my life and my work.

But I wanted in on some of this multi-quote action. ;)


You know, that's actually quite beautiful to sit back and look at. It's some sort of new fractal art.


The boxes get pretty when the quote levels run deep.


AAAAAAHHHH!!!  I've created a Monster!!!

I get kinda dizzy when I peer down into that swirling well of quote boxes.  Swirling and swirling.  Round and round.  Rounder and rounder.  Faster and faster.  You are feeling very comfortable.  Almost drowzy.  You are completely at peace. Completely compliant.  Very sleepy.  The next time you see the word "peppermint" you will awake and be convinced that today's Achewood Variety Hour is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  Swirling, swirling.  Round and round.


It looks like... it looks like... like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. ever ending or beginning, on an ever spinning wheel. Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon, like a carousel that's turning, running rings around the moon...


I think we've just discovered forum Taoism.


I think we've just discovered how to annoy everybody trying to have a serious conversation.  This is splitting and going to "sights."  Because it's pretty.

Good call, jl. Also, my name was getting buried way too far inside the nesting.

CortJstr belongs on top! Ya hear me? On top, baby!


Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...if you scroll down the page really fast without stopping to read stuff, it looks really pretty and might make you sick.


It really has stopped being text and become something entirely arbitrary. I wonder if a Statistician could develop some equation based on our posting percentage, and the shape of this... graph, and come up with some scary prognostications for our lives?


I don't know, revdj is a math type guy, I bet he could do something with it...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up