Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters  (Read 4029 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« on: June 27, 2005, 06:54:58 am »

More Philippesploitation. The alt-text leads me to believe the soda bottles were full? No wonder Teodor looks so startled in the last panel.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 07:06:27 am »

Téodor notes that he can't get past the hallway with the soda bottles in the way. A part of me wonders if they're too heavy for him to lift and move aside.
Logged

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 07:33:42 am »

It is now the hobby of the household to trick Phillipe into slamming headlong into the wall. I am not surprised that Lyle has followed Lie Bot down this particular path... but I am a bit surprised he knows enough about Harry Potter to pull this one off.

(also my choice for thread title would have been "Shaddup, you!")
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:00:24 am »

Quote from: "toddster"
(also my choice for thread title would have been "Shaddup, you!")


It really wasn't a very quotable comic, for sure.

Teodor seems like the type who would simply complain out loud about minor obstacles impeding his progress instead of actually taking some initiative and doing anything about it.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 09:11:48 am »

Lyle is one of those guys that secretly quite likes Harry Potter but would never admit it.
Logged

JeremyW

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cringecomics.com
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 10:07:25 am »

I didn't get the Harry Potter reference in this strip.  I don't know anything about Harry Potter.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 11:44:19 am »

Yeah, can someone help me out so I don't have to Google for Harry Potter things and fulfill the prophechy of that other thread?
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 11:48:04 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Yeah, can someone help me out so I don't have to Google for Harry Potter things and fulfill the prophechy of that other thread?

Platform 9 3/4 is a train platform at Kings Cross station in London that only the magic people can see.  It's where you board the train that takes you to Hogwarts, where Harry Potter goes to school.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 01:00:32 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Platform 9 3/4 is a train platform at Kings Cross station in London that only the magic people can see.  It's where you board the train that takes you to Hogwarts, where Harry Potter goes to school.


To be more accurate, no one can see it, not even the magic people.  It looks like a blank wall, and you have to run headlong at the right spot and you'll pass through the wall and come out on the platform.

(Hi, I'm a Harry Potter geek.)

The alt-text TOTALLY made this strip for me, by the way.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 01:01:12 pm »

What's more, to get on it you have to walk through a wall, or at least what looks like a wall to non-magic types.

Must be Abuse Philippe Week.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 01:13:49 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
Lyle is one of those guys that secretly quite likes Harry Potter but would never admit it.


I can just see him at the bookstore at midnight next month, dressed like a wizard but looking over his shoulder ever 5 seconds.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »

This strip is actually quite funny, but it made absolutely no sense to me until I came here to read the explanation. Is that a Good Thing or a Bad Thing?
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 03:35:44 pm »

I'm a Penny-Arcade fan.  I'm used to being unable to understand a joke until I read a bit of backstory or fire up a Googleotron.  It's kind of silly to have to do research before you laugh at a joke, but then Beetle Bailey is accessible by all and requires no cultural knowledge whatsoever.  Hey look, the Sarge is beating him up again!

__________________
Silly!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 03:51:41 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
It's kind of silly to have to do research before you laugh at a joke, but then Beetle Bailey is accessible by all and requires no cultural knowledge whatsoever.  Hey look, the Sarge is beating him up again!


I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Beetle Bailey is underrated.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 05:18:12 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Beetle Bailey is underrated.

They lost me when Halftrack got brought up on harrasement charges.

"Underrated."  Ok, it's not quite as lame as Cathy.  There are you happy?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up