Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 29250 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« on: August 01, 2003, 01:57:38 am »

Okay, kids.  Get it out of your system now.  Set up avatars, sigs, and the like, do all that "First Post" crap, etc.  Tomorrow, I start modding with an iron fist.  

Enjoy!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 02:01:59 am »

You waste no time.  

Hi, I'm Jough.  I own the server but I don't run the boards.  

Address all complaints to Dictator-For-Life (tm) jldunston, your humble moderator/admin.

She controls both the vertical and the horizontal.  Do not attempt to adjust your set.

-- Jough

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Welcome!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 02:28:07 am »

Well that's me in.
Unpacking all my boxes and putting up my pictures...
Good to see it happening fast, and with that ruthless vigour that will hopefully keep it somewhat civil (that's you jld!).
Also I guess having it off site now (as it were) ought to keep it from growing much faster than the current populous. Of course, I've been known to be remarkably wrong.
Anyway no one's here yet so I'm going to go and shut up!

-and Jough, what the hell is that quote from? It's breaking my head trying to remember!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Welcome!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 02:33:23 am »

Good lord I only now got useed to posting at Dumbrella - oh well, I'll give it a shot, although I rarely have anything to say about Achewood.

also, Outer Limits?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

TomJ

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 02:41:06 am »

Hell, who doesnt love registering?
Logged

Anonymous

  • Guest
Welcome!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 03:04:14 am »

Woo Hoo!  I got me one them High Prestige,  Oh so Low Member Numbers.  

I'm shivering with excitement!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 03:05:49 am »

Damn IT!  I forgot to log in first.

I am a mallet head.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 03:07:41 am »

I'm cold and scared
Logged

TomJ

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 03:08:52 am »

I am member# 007, apparently

you can touch me if you want
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 03:10:24 am »

Hey JD, as mod can you assign us titles? That could be hella rad
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 03:10:25 am »

But I'm scared of the number seven.


You know why?


Because 789.

Get it?  Seven ate nine.  

Heh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Welcome!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2003, 03:23:19 am »

There are no member numbers here kids.

Here you are all equally worthless (Full Metal Jacket reference).

And besides, I'm member #1.

Or am I?  Maybe Jamie is.

Dang.  Now I don't know.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Humble? Me?
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2003, 03:26:26 am »

No, Jough, you were definitely first.  

I'm gonna play with the admin controls tomorrow.  It's late (on the east coast), and I just got my ass kicked in Warcraft III.  Hopefully the rest of the stragglers will stagger in tomorrow.  

And then...my reign of terror will begin!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2003, 03:27:21 am »

Yeh, titles.  That'd be pretty spiffy.

I wanna be an Archduke.  Or an Associate Vice-President for Logistical Operations Services.  One or the other.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Welcome!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2003, 03:31:34 am »

Ms. Moderator, you have a private message.

Yeah, titles are cool. I gave myself one because I HAVE THE POWER!  But we definitely need some posting-heft titles, so that people can post useless twaddle and get their rank artificially inflated so that they get a better title.

It'll be great!  :roll:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up