Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.  (Read 13602 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« on: July 05, 2005, 02:10:25 pm »

Very Fight Club-esque method of the service class getting back at the management class under the uncaring scrutinizing eye of cable television.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 02:53:36 pm »

I need to know who Little Nephew's parents are. Ray's obviously lacking in the clue department, but he has a brother or sister whose progeny is quite bright.

"i be makin' mobius money" is genius, all.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

V-Adore

  • Guest
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 03:26:02 pm »

Beef's dialect change lately utterly confounds me. That said, the Butte shenanigans are enjoyable, and I am honestly looking forward to the continuing Saga of Curpeter. A modern-day Beowulf, indeed. (Also, yes, LN is apparently quite bright. Has he been mooching off Mr. Bear lately?)
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 04:11:05 pm »

So Teodor was overcharging Ray for the party stuff and pocketing the profits. I know Ray is hella decadent and all, but does this really seem like something Teodor would have no qualms about doing?
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 04:25:55 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
So Teodor was overcharging Ray for the party stuff and pocketing the profits. I know Ray is hella decadent and all, but does this really seem like something Teodor would have no qualms about doing?

Since Ray stopped losing at pool they need some way to get some cash off of him. Plus Teodor was charging a premium for his mad chef skills.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 04:29:33 pm »

Quote from: "Emergent_C"
So Teodor was overcharging Ray for the party stuff and pocketing the profits. I know Ray is hella decadent and all, but does this really seem like something Teodor would have no qualms about doing?


I remember we talked about Ray seeming to pretty much swindle himself as a contrived way of sharing his wealth with friends (making lavish bets he cannot possibly win, etc). I guess this might be the next logical step; Téodor can come off as sort of grimly contemptuous of Ray, so he probably figures that Ray would never make the mental connection, and even if he did, just blow it off without a confrontation.

Remember, this is a dude who wrote a ten thousand dollar check to Oreos. It's not the money so much as the fact that his friend was being overcharged.

On preview: yeah, what CJ said, maybe.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 04:37:10 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
So Teodor was overcharging Ray for the party stuff and pocketing the profits. I know Ray is hella decadent and all, but does this really seem like something Teodor would have no qualms about doing?

I remember we talked about Ray seeming to pretty much swindle himself as a contrived way of sharing his wealth with friends (making lavish bets he cannot possibly win, etc).

I dunno. I could totally see this except that Ray seems totally oblivious to the company who's charging too much being Teodor's last name backwards. If Ray knew I think he would let Teodor keep doing it maybe just hint to only charge double instead of quintuple or something.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 04:37:22 pm »

So, any guesses as to what Ray is hinting at in the last part of his post?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 05:28:18 pm »

It could be Chris Bell, of Big Star, Dennis Boon, from the Minutemen, Kurt Cobain, Les Harvey, of Stone the Crows, Jimi Hendrix,  Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, one of the guys from Wings, one of the guys from the Dead, Jim Morrison,  and Gary Thain, from Uriah Heep.

I'm betting the party will be a "come as a rock star who died at 27." There's a LOT of 'em. I'll bet Teodor goes as Dennis Boon.

I found all of this on this really, really creepy site. DO YOU CHOOSE LIFE?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 05:58:48 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
It could be Chris Bell, of Big Star, Dennis Boon, from the Minutemen, Kurt Cobain, Les Harvey, of Stone the Crows, Jimi Hendrix,  Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, one of the guys from Wings, one of the guys from the Dead, Jim Morrison,  and Gary Thain, from Uriah Heep.


Excellent. Now, whose death among those would Ray need a stuntman to properly emulate?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 06:07:25 pm »

Quote from: "mudokon"
Quote from: "Bozack"
It could be Chris Bell, of Big Star, Dennis Boon, from the Minutemen, Kurt Cobain, Les Harvey, of Stone the Crows, Jimi Hendrix,  Robert Johnson, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, one of the guys from Wings, one of the guys from the Dead, Jim Morrison,  and Gary Thain, from Uriah Heep.


Excellent. Now, whose death among those would Ray need a stuntman to properly emulate?

Cobain, the shotgun to the face is a very difficult stunt.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 06:36:28 pm »

Or Boon. A van comes flying up and crashes into a telephone pole out in front of Rays house, a dude comes flying out and lands on his feet. It's BOON!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 12:56:30 pm »

I loved Pat's latest blog, especially this part:

Quote from: "Pat"

I took out my checkbook (I would naturally stop payment on the check as soon as I got home) and asked how much for the men's trim. The fuck*ng bitch receptionist said "fifty-five dollars." I said "don't quit your day job" and readied my pen to scribble down a more reasonable sum, such as zero dollars or as much as six.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 03:02:03 pm »

Yeah, Pat's latest one is good. I love "despicably average".

I wonder how many of Pat's entries are culled from Onstad's own life.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 03:15:03 pm »

I looked like a god-damned magazine person.

Man, when Pat is on, he is my top-dollar favorite.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up