Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.  (Read 13603 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2005, 02:07:25 pm »

I'm not seeing how the toaster oven in question is that hard to find. Although I myself went to like 4 stores yesterday looking for a phone for my parents. He's probably in the same boat of wanting a feature combination that the manufacturers never anticipated.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 02:49:45 pm »

Do you know what riles me more than a strip lacking of comedic merit?
Onstad's obsession with food.
Boring and not even vaguely amusing.
Phillipe bashing a haiku in with a baseball bat however is rad.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 03:06:33 pm »

God, I never usually read the blog threads.  I suppose I should feel like a total dork for having emailed him with the info he needed about toaster oven mounting hoods?  I've never written a fawning fan letter to anyone, but I do like to help a guy out.  

I worked at Wal-Mart's small appliances for three years people, three years!  I can't help but go into customer service mode when information is asked of me.  It's programmed into my DNA.  And if any one of you wanted to know about toaster ovens, philishave razors, dirt devils, etc etc, I would have shared the same information with you, even if you asked in a mildly pandering, sarcastic  and/or demeaning way.

Do you know I took a shopping cart to the hip that knocked me to the ground?  That's right people.  Veterans still have something to contribute to society.

And besides, toaster ovens are awesome.  I was a toaster oven fan years before I was and Achewood fan.  So Screw you.  Screw you all.

Dear god, working from home has turned me into a strange creature.  Defensive?  Yes.  Regretful?  No.  
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2005, 03:19:04 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
God, I never usually read the blog threads.  I suppose I should feel like a total dork for having emailed him with the info he needed about toaster oven mounting hoods?

You just want to have your name written on the door in sharpie.  Don't feed his ego.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2005, 03:30:31 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
You just want to have your name written on the door in sharpie.  Don't feed his ego.


Ego? You want ego, go read Pat's latest.

I know it's been said a dozenty times already, but I'll say it again anyway:

Pat is a fuck*ng DICK.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2005, 03:35:00 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
Do you know what riles me more than a strip lacking of comedic merit?
Onstad's obsession with food.
Boring and not even vaguely amusing.


A negative comment? From you? I feel like throwing you a bar mitzvah.

Quote from: "side_show"
I was a toaster oven fan years before I was and Achewood fan. So Screw you. Screw you all.


Hey, I'm also a fan of toaster ovens and other unfairly marginalized kitchen appliances. Still, I'm surprised that you actually wrote in with the appropriate advice; the tone of that blog entry was pretty much "I am going to look down on you for helping me out, and you will like it". Anyway, yeah, toaster ovens are terrific, but only if they're the old style with the timers that go rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hell, I think I'm more or less nostalgic for my grandmother's kitchen, even that old Radarange that was probably about as safe as an exposed atomic pile.
Logged

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2005, 03:36:41 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, it's a very spoiled life you lead that you feel you have cause to complain when you are being fed gourmet fare daily.


I always feel bad reading these blog entries, knowing that I'll never get to try the foods that these fictional stuffed animals are constantly describing. But not that bad, I guess.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2005, 03:48:45 pm »

I need closure on Ray's party, dammit, and this waffle about ovens is stopping that!
Plus I eat English food so i'm just jealous.
*eats black pudding*
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2005, 03:51:06 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
atomic pile.

That sounds like a sales feature of a 60's era carpet.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2005, 06:14:41 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
atomic pile.

That sounds like a sales feature of a 60's era carpet.

~Paul


/golf claps
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2005, 06:41:47 pm »

I think the best cooking gadget ever has to be this.
Shove your toaster over up your ass. I can make a pizza IN MY CAR.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2005, 06:48:20 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I think the best cooking gadget ever has to be this.
Shove your toaster over up your ass. I can make a pizza IN MY CAR.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public.

Quote from: "A guy I used to know online named Farheim"
The Universe is an infinitely vast place, which is expanding at the speed of light, in all directions. New planets, galaxies, possibly even living creatures, are being created and born throughout the cosmos. All of this majesty and wonder of the heavens above SUCKS ASS COMPARED TO MY PIZZA.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2005, 08:45:38 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
atomic pile.

That sounds like a sales feature of a 60's era carpet.

~Paul


/golf claps


The oldsters used to call hemmorhoids piles too. An atomic pile would, I guess, be a pretty bad one.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2005, 04:48:23 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
The oldsters used to call hemmorhoids piles too. An atomic pile would, I guess, be a pretty bad one.


Not necessarily considering the size of most atoms
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
BLOGVS IVLIVS - July Blogs.
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2005, 09:02:57 am »

Mmmm! The Rock Star died at 27! I called it! STICK WITH THE KID!
This is a magnificent post. Just really, really great. And the fact that Ray's reaction is to spread garlic around, to ward off Jimi Hendrix....I LOVES it.

EDIT- I read it again.
Quote from: "Ray"
If anything, it should have just shut itself off, as per the First Law of *****s.


YESSS! YESSSS!
This is seriously SO DAMN FUNNY.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up