Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05  (Read 7773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile

Last time I did a relatively empty first-post I got chastised, and I wasn't even as disgustingly brief and contentless as you were just now.

As for the comic, this speaks to me personally. I've always loved falling off letters ANYWHERE, be them shorted-out storefront lettering, roadside billboards (TACO BELL NEW CR______AP SUPREME, INDOOR HEATED POO_) and cars, like in the strip (__ICK).
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 06:45:45 am »

Ever wonder why anytime those two go anywhere Roast Beef is always the one that drives? He has a pretty confident driving style for a dude who's afraid of creeks.
Logged
What deviltry is this?

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 07:28:29 am »

Beef just totally loves that car I think. Driving it may be similar to a blankie or something.

I like signs that say TO LET. I sometimes imagine that I could live a fairly complete and happy life just by travelling about adding an I to these signs.
I like this strip because we get to see Beef forming a thought.
That's quite rare.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:40:10 am »

i don't get what's so weird about making it perfectly clear that your manhood is engorged and throbbing by truncating two t's and an a from the name of a japanese auto manufacturer.

seriously.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

tcc

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 10:27:08 am »

I though this one was kinda like yesterday's - nothing special but not trying to be either, so alright in the end.  I guess they both just flesh out the characters a little more which can't be bad.

I don't live in the states but I dont think I've ever seen anyone mess with the letters on their toyota over here in Aus...maybe I'm just not very observant.
Logged
wangtime, mongoose style

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 12:11:07 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Last time I did a relatively empty first-post I got chastised, and I wasn't even as disgustingly brief and contentless as you were just now.


I'm pretty much convinced that he only posts so that people will see his sig and maybe go and look at his Crunchy Comics.

Quote from: "Suckin_Dick"
i don't get what's so weird about making it perfectly clear that your manhood is engorged and throbbing by truncating two t's and an a from the name of a japanese auto manufacturer.


Is OYO Secret American Slang for boner?

Anyway, I really liked this strip.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 12:23:23 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Is OYO Secret American Slang for boner?

I think the OYO is meant to suggest male genitalia.  Or perhaps the Y is male genitalia and the two o's represent buttocks.  I don't know, i'm just supposing.

Isn't it fun to say genitalia?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 12:45:24 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Isn't it fun to say genitalia?


The word genitalia sounds like cold, congealed shrimp scampi looks.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 12:48:41 pm »

One's that they turned into "TOY" made sense to me but never "OYO" although it does look sort of vaguely almost like the ASCII for breasts if you squint and are so desperate as to be turned on by the Land O' Lakes lady (.Y.)
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 01:53:25 pm »

I drive a '96 Toyota Camry, and that year they apparently used some substandard adhesive to affix the badging on the back.  I am currently driving a CA RY, and the M is in my glove box.  At one point I was driving a CA R, but I reattached the M and Y.  The M has since come off again.

Whenever I see another '96 Camry it's missing at least one of the letters.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 02:23:37 pm »

You know, I've always wondered about that too. What the heck does OYO mean? The Toyota font doesn't really lend itself to ASCII boobage, but I guess that doesn't stop people. Or maybe it's a secret code of some sort.

Full props for the CA R, though.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 02:27:10 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Full props for the CA R, though.


Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 02:29:33 pm »

I liked it, but then insights into Beef's psyche are always welcome.  The OYO is something I haven't seen in a while, but could never really understand.  I've never been sure that it was done on purpose (as opposed to, say, TOY).


Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
As for the comic, this speaks to me personally. I've always loved falling off letters ANYWHERE, be them shorted-out storefront lettering, roadside billboards (TACO BELL NEW CR______AP SUPREME, INDOOR HEATED POO_) and cars, like in the strip (__ICK).


I dated a girl who drove a __ICK.  Someone stole it (not for its value, but because it was, apparently, easy to hotwire), took it for a joyride, crashed it at a red light, and jumped out with the engine still running.  But not before stealing a case of pasta that was in the back seat.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 02:49:30 pm »

In the 80's the signage on Toyota's was commonly altered to read YO.  It kept me from wanting to own a Toyota.  I've since gotten over that and have purchased toyota products.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
I have weird ideas about what it means to be a man 12 Jul 05
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 02:53:49 pm »

sj: Was it some nice fresh pasta or dry stuff?
Because if it was fresh I could see that being Onstad.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up