Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: what a day/week/month/year  (Read 8668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« on: July 13, 2005, 01:40:37 am »

what a shitty day.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 03:48:19 am »

No disagreement here. I spent the day doing one of the shittiest tasks in science -- massaging the data. In this case, I was attempting to make the data look like my rats were demonstrating a well-known rat behavior which they should have been doing and yet apparently were not, such that I can undertake a real experiment based on that behavior. Somehow this is less rewarding and more tiring than cleaning cages. Sigh.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 04:27:20 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was attempting to make the data look like my rats were demonstrating a well-known rat behavior which they should have been doing.


Eating cheese?

Providing comic relief through humourous antics with the household cat?

Also, what's up arkabee?  Who pissed on your cornflakes?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 06:27:47 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Who pissed on your cornflakes?


Me (I did.)
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 07:46:13 am »

See, I read arkabee's post and I was all, "Yay, my day's not that bad!"  Then my SO and I had an arguement about cat puke, and how to properly clean it up, (blot not scrub!)  and I ended up feeling pretty depressed myself.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 08:07:24 am »

Smells: Get this book, it will change both of your lives.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 12:21:36 pm »

Man smells don't need that touchy feely crap, she just needs to clean up the cat puke properly.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 12:45:01 pm »

I agree with this.  Yesterday I went out for a walk with the intention of becoming happier, walked for an hour and a half, got sick of walking, then spent two hours trying to find my way home as a part of town I'd never seen, though I explore frequently, got dark.  But I made it home and had some chocolate milk so I guess it turned out OK.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 01:01:15 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was attempting to make the data look like my rats were demonstrating a well-known rat behavior which they should have been doing.


Eating cheese?

Providing comic relief through humourous antics with the household cat?

Amphetamine sensitization, sadly enough. And I'm just not sure it's there, which is bad, because it's the focus of the rest of my research. So, yes, yesterday was not good. Maybe today will let me massage the data in such a way that its precious secrets come to light.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 01:57:35 pm »

paul, aloha, smells:
that book is really good regardless and irrespective of cat puke.
possibly non sequitor in relation to cat puke, and/or anything else, but an excellent book none the less as it helped me to understand that other people think irrevocably differently than i do and helped to understand their thought process and possible reactions and etc.

i have no idea how to clean up cat puke the correct way, but the only way i know to correctly answer an argument about how i am suppose to clean cat puke up is: "ok, you are right, i will stop cleaning the cat puke up the wrong way and allow you to do it correctly"; this is clear indication that i need to reread the good aloha dog's recommended book again and again and again and again.

the best way, in the very short sense because in the long sense you should get over it and make life better, to not have a shitty day is to compare your shitty day to someone else's shittier day.

bozack, i do not eat breakfast, nor cereal, nor especially cornflakes.  um, so, i have no idea whose flakes those are but your might want to be careful it wasn't that big burly fellow with the rage management issues.

andalucia: that was a staggeringly "on the fence" kind of day, in my opinion; depending upon how you wanted to perceive a day like that it could both/either have been great or awful.  kudos to you for choosing chocolate milk.

v-adore: you are monitoring the habits of science rodents as they live in and operate a meth lab?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 02:47:07 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Man smells don't need that touchy feely crap, she just needs to clean up the cat puke properly.

~Paul


the SO:  Thank you for cleaning up the puke
me: (leaving the room in anger) Thank you for yelling at me.
the SO: What!? I wasn't yelling at you!
me: (confused as I am the only other person in the house) I think you were.  
the SO: I'm sorry.
me: Just leave me alone.
the SO: I'm sorry, I wasn't yelling at you, I was angry because he puked yesterday too.
me: (silent)

What the arguement was really about:  We are both stressed because we know our brand new house will not stay pristine forever, and that any flaws are totally our fault and can not be blamed on previous tennants, since there are none.

Anyway, we made up last night when he brought me a frosty bottle of water.

Also, V-Adore are you saying you are getting mice hooked on drugs in the name of Science?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 02:57:07 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Also, V-Adore are you saying you are getting mice hooked on drugs in the name of Science?


I Tortured A Bunch Of Living Things To Death And All I Got Was This Lousy Confirmation That Amphetamines Are Really Unhealthy For You
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 03:10:04 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, V-Adore are you saying you are getting mice hooked on drugs in the name of Science?


I Tortured A Bunch Of Living Things To Death And All I Got Was This Lousy Confirmation That Amphetamines Are Really Unhealthy For You

Are you saying that you regret totruring living things to death or that you are just disapointed that all you got for it was a t-shirt?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 03:16:00 pm »

Arkabee,

You backed into a car and did the exact same damage to your car that you had previously repaired.

Your SO has broken up with you.

And all the rest.

All that I can tell you, having been through it before, is that it is now the ripe time to be productive.  You know that thing you've been putting off:  writing a novel, learning to make wine, putting together that scale-model of Godzilla, calling that friend who you lost touch with?  Now's the time.  I envy you because you're on the verge of the next big thing.  Go to it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 03:26:58 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, V-Adore are you saying you are getting mice hooked on drugs in the name of Science?


I Tortured A Bunch Of Living Things To Death And All I Got Was This Lousy Confirmation That Amphetamines Are Really Unhealthy For You

There isn't torture involved, but, uh, basically. It's very important basic research in our knowledge of hormones and their interactions with chemical and natural stressors and blah blah blah I inject rats with amphetamines and see what happens under varying conditions. And I like my job. So there.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up