Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Poll

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Godel
- 5 (50%)
Escher
- 4 (40%)
Bach
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 18, 2005, 11:41:32 pm


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Brickskeller DC Achecon August  (Read 14650 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« on: July 18, 2005, 11:41:32 pm »

DC people, give August availability including alternates IN CASE YOUR MATE DECIDES TO DROP SOME OFFSPRING OUT OF HER HOOCH.

Thank'ee.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 12:08:46 am »

The weekend of the 12th is bad otherwise I'm free.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 01:59:35 am »

Just got back from vacation, so I'm pretty much trapped here for the rest of the summer. And no offspring in sight unless I manage to sell the book I'm writing so I can quit my job and get a puppy. Which is unlikely to happen before August at the rate that agents have been reading stuff.   And even if, you can leave a puppy in a cage and go out for the evening and no one will call child protective services.

So, any weekend I guess.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 02:06:06 am »

Damn those Google ads - now I really NEED me some M.C. Escher Soft Foam Lizards!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 02:22:39 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Damn those Google ads - now I really NEED me some M.C. Escher Soft Foam Lizards!


Incidentally, it is Godel (pardon lack of umlaut throughout) and not Escher. The poll statement is a perfect illustration of Godel's incompleteness theorem.

It is my solemn belief that all things in life boil down to three four basic things:

1. Godel's incompleteness theorem.
2. Surface area to volume ratio.
3. Ordinary least squares.
4. Aristotle was a fuck*ng idiot who was wrong about absolutely everything.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 02:37:05 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
4. Aristotle was a fuck*ng idiot who was wrong about absolutely everything.

You misspelled "Cardinal Ratzinger."
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 06:18:41 am »

I could HYPOTHETICALLY take a train to DC to chill; however, this would have to be after August 16th or so. But if my girlfriend magically becomes pregnant, I'm fleeing the country, so you'll never hear from me again.
Also, I'm underage. So I'd have to bring my brothers passport.
Also, much like Bad Brains, I have been BANNED IN D.C.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 02:41:18 pm »

The weekend of August 20-21 is probably the best bet.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 05:41:13 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
The weekend of August 20-21 is probably the best bet.


Is everyone who is not going to be giving birth or living in Alaska cool with August 20 then?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 05:49:06 pm »

As of right now it looks good to me
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 07:02:38 pm »

Dangit.  Not that this should stop you, but...

I'd love to get in on this, but I'm having a soiree to celebrate the half-birthday of my offspring on the 21st.  So the 20th is probably bad for me, since I live close enough to go but far enough away to want to make a weekend of it.  

But, I probably won't be able to come in August anyhow, given that the in-laws' annual beach weekend is the first week in August, grad school starts the second week, and my baby's half-party (we're inviting half the people we know for half of an ice cream cake) is the third weekend.  I'm pretty much booked 'til Labor Day.  

So don't change your plans on account of me, but if it turns out August doesn't work, I just might be able to show up in September.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 07:20:08 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Dangit.  Not that this should stop you, but...

I'd love to get in on this, but I'm having a soiree to celebrate the half-birthday of my offspring on the 21st.  So the 20th is probably bad for me, since I live close enough to go but far enough away to want to make a weekend of it.  

But, I probably won't be able to come in August anyhow, given that the in-laws' annual beach weekend is the first week in August, grad school starts the second week, and my baby's half-party (we're inviting half the people we know for half of an ice cream cake) is the third weekend.  I'm pretty much booked 'til Labor Day.  

So don't change your plans on account of me, but if it turns out August doesn't work, I just might be able to show up in September.



Let's put it this way: if we can make it through the first night and its associated ceremonial activities (the CortJstring of various beers on the enormous beer menu, the Jough driinking game, the hella depression failing to stop the show), then it may be semiregular.

YES I HAVE THIS ALL PLANNED
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 07:21:49 pm »

I have many drinking games - to which are you referring?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 07:24:05 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I have many drinking games - to which are you referring?


First you drink a beer. Then you say "This beer isn't so good."
Then you drink another beer. Then you say "I think the quality of this beer is going downhill."
Then you drink another beer. Then you say "meh. I don't know what you people see in this beer."
Repeat until you've had twenty or so beers and are about to passout. Then you mutter with absolute contempt, "ONSTAD you fuck*ng CHILD MOLESTER" and pass out in a puddle of beer and  drool.

I KNOW THIS GAME WELL BECAUSE IT IS MY TUESDAY NIGHTS.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Brickskeller DC Achecon August
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 07:28:58 pm »

Well, it should really be:

1st Beer: Damn, this is awesome.
2nd Beer: This one too!
3rd Beer: This one's the best yet!

(then the beer had a child and brews semi-regularly)

4th Beer: Not bad, but not as good as those first three.
5th Beer: Man, this one's worse than the last one.
6th Beer: Now I can't distinguish this from Bud Lite.  WTF?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up