Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: July 19, 2005 - Cymulon  (Read 12324 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 02:13:04 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
Trials of Honour appeals to Pat because it's all about what it once meant to be a gentleman. Which is to say, being right while everyone else is wrong and/or poor.


I think Ben-San has nailed it here, I was having trouble seeing why Pay would watch such a show but I think this is it. Similar to why he is a master swing dancer.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 08:12:39 pm »

all you whiners are wrong. This strip rocks.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 03:10:29 am »

addendum to why this strip rocks: 'Teevee'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 07:31:10 am »

Pat and Pete are like negative RB and Ray. One is apparently self-confident and brash, and the other is unstable and quiet. RB and Ray are cats you want to hang out with, while the other two you'd avoid at cost. Maybe this goes back to V-adore's thing about the first draft - but Pete's dialogue has, for the first time, reminded me of Beef.

Also "fare...thee...NOT...well." Awesome.
Logged
I am older now.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 05:10:12 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
Pat and Pete are like negative RB and Ray. One is apparently self-confident and brash, and the other is unstable and quiet.

The recent interactions between Pete and Pat, while welcome, ruin the image that had been created for me by Pat and Teodor's blog entries regarding Pete's behavior. I was much more tickled by the idea of Pat constantly living in fear of another one of Pete's outbursts or cruelty-based therapies for hearburn.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 05:30:59 pm »

Pat's in the closet. That's why he hates Aaaaaarthur's gayness. He and Nice Pete are having relations.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2005, 05:53:11 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Pat's in the closet. That's why he hates Aaaaaarthur's gayness. He and Nice Pete are having relations.

We never did see Pat's reaction when NP asked, "Do you think that it is bad for a man to give another man kisses or do you agree that it is okay?"
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2005, 08:30:12 pm »

The one time I have something of importance to say and the "so-called" Achewood Forum is down.

Well, rest assured I have begun a search for legal recourse to correct this situation and to bring those responsible to justice.  I may well pursue my dream of seeing that all IT "professionals" have their salary lowered by law.

--Pat Reynolds
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2005, 08:37:25 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
The one time I have something of importance to say and the "so-called" Achewood Forum is down.

When this happened was anybody else worried that their workplace had finally blocked the forum?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2005, 08:49:41 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Null"
The one time I have something of importance to say and the "so-called" Achewood Forum is down.

When this happened was anybody else worried that their workplace had finally blocked the forum?

Terrified, actually. And then I realized they hadn't yet blocked LJ, which meant I was probably okay. And then it came back up, God bless it and keep it.

That didn't really have a lot of point.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 11:04:48 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
The one time I have something of importance to say and the "so-called" Achewood Forum is down.

Well, rest assured I have begun a search for legal recourse to correct this situation and to bring those responsible to justice.  I may well pursue my dream of seeing that all IT "professionals" have their salary lowered by law.

--Pat Reynolds


null is today's winner.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 11:28:27 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
Pat and Pete are like negative RB and Ray. One is apparently self-confident and brash, and the other is unstable and quiet. RB and Ray are cats you want to hang out with, while the other two you'd avoid at cost. Maybe this goes back to V-adore's thing about the first draft - but Pete's dialogue has, for the first time, reminded me of Beef.

Also "fare...thee...NOT...well." Awesome.


I think Onstad, perhaps unconsciously, is picking different Meyers-Briggs combinations for his characters, then pairing the Introvert/Extrovert versions of each other as same-species duo.

For example,
Roast Beef and Ray: INTP/ENTP cat
Nice Pete and Pat: INFJ/ENFJ cat
Mr. Bear and Teodor: ISTP/ESTP stuffed bear
Blister and Todd: ISFJ/ESFJ squirrel


THINK ABOUT IT WHY ARE THERE NO MORE THAN SIXTEEN RECURRING CHARACTERS
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2005, 12:13:15 am »

So who's me (ISTJ)? BTW, has anybody taken the Kingdomality test? They just took the 16 Meyers-Briggs types and attached Medeivaly professions to them. I'm the Black Knight.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2005, 12:26:30 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
So who's me (ISTJ)? BTW, has anybody taken the Kingdomality test? They just took the 16 Meyers-Briggs types and attached Medeivaly professions to them. I'm the Black Knight.


Fare the NOT well, CortJster...

Fare the NOT well.


--
The ENTP you've come to trust
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
July 19, 2005 - Cymulon
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2005, 02:40:15 am »

I'm INTJ (read: obcessive-compulsive hermit)

And I just took the medieval thing and it told me I am a Discoverer.  I'm one step away from being a pirate.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up