Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205430 times)

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 12:55:24 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
What does the verb "clothesline" mean?

It's a football term.  It's where you block someone by sticking out your arm and cutting them off at the neck.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 01:07:47 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
What does the verb "clothesline" mean?


I like that we, as a community, just jumped all over this question. Good show, fellows.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 01:13:47 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Null"

What does the verb "clothesline" mean?

A stationary person sticks one arm straight out to his side so that a running person will impact said arm head/upper-torso first a drop backwards to the ground. If the attacker is also moving then it's called a lariat.


i, i did not know that was the difference.

thank you.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 02:43:54 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Null"

What does the verb "clothesline" mean?

A stationary person sticks one arm straight out to his side so that a running person will impact said arm head/upper-torso first a drop backwards to the ground. If the attacker is also moving then it's called a lariat.

i, i did not know that was the difference.

Don't worry, neither does Jim Ross. But it's not a hard and fast rule. Many people will only say it's a lariat if the attacker is running and I've heard some say for it to be a lariat the attacker must be airborn.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 02:56:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
...and I've heard some say for it to be a lariat the attacker must be airborn.


That's what I always thought. I defer to you on wrestling move nomenclature, though, especially since a busybody got our library's copy of PRO WRESTLING'S MOST PUNISHING FINISHING MOVES withdrawn from the system.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 03:27:18 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
...and I've heard some say for it to be a lariat the attacker must be airborn.

That's what I always thought. I defer to you on wrestling move nomenclature, though, especially since a busybody got our library's copy of PRO WRESTLING'S MOST PUNISHING FINISHING MOVES withdrawn from the system.

I've heard both rules and I'm honestly not sure which is correct. Matt Nute (who really seems to know his stuff) confirms that victim hitting arm = clothesline and arm hitting victim = lariat.  Thus the Clothesline from Hell is technically the Lariat from Hell. I would posit that the miscalling of this move has helped evolve the airborn definition that's becoming prevalent.

Oh, and if you've ever wondered about the difference between sentons, splashes, and Imploding Star Presses then read this.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 07:31:41 pm »

Many thanks for providing the definition of the verb "to clothesline."

I had never encountered that word before, but now I see the truth of it.

I owe each and every one of you, um, hang on...about 11 cents each.  (I have to keep the one nickle.)
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 08:15:52 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Oh, and if you've ever wondered about the difference between sentons, splashes, and Imploding Star Presses then read this.


If you imploded before you did the move, would you deal less damage to your opponent due to lack of mass?

This is an awesome link, by the way.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 08:33:15 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Oh, and if you've ever wondered about the difference between sentons, splashes, and Imploding Star Presses then read this.

If you imploded before you did the move, would you deal less damage to your opponent due to lack of mass?

This is an awesome link, by the way.

I'm a little hazy here, but would an imploding star create a black hole? Because that would do a lot of damage. Just look at the Black Hole Slam
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 08:46:18 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm a little hazy here, but would an imploding star create a black hole? Because that would do a lot of damage. Just look at the Black Hole Slam


I haven't been to Denny's since they stopped serving the Alabama Slam.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2005, 06:50:12 am »

Quote from: "CURRENT BABY STATUS"
8/8: The baby did all the right things and was popular at the party.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 10:06:11 am »

Quote from: "baby status, 8/11"
We drove the baby through the office park where I used to work and while she slept I got pissed at the memories.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 03:31:37 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

I haven't been to Denny's since they stopped serving the Alabama Slam.


What's the Alabama Slam?  You eat a beer batter pancake and then fuck your sister?

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 03:43:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
What's the Alabama Slam? You eat a beer batter pancake and then fuck your sister?


ZING!


Edited to fix quotes from "I've been using Oracle all morning (')" to "normal style(")."
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 07:22:01 pm »

I have a silly question.  Does anyone know what the baby's name is?  

I have seen no other nomenclature other than "the baby" (except for Llewellyn Ash).
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67   Go Up