Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205305 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2005, 01:32:54 pm »

Quote from: "foolio"
On a side note, has anyone ever tasted breast milk? Is it good? I must have had some when I was a baby but I forget what it tastes like.


It's waaaaay sweeter than cow's milk.  I've heard it compared to cantaloupe juice.  The little ones seem to like it.   :boobies:

You have no idea how long I have been waiting for a reason to use that emoticon.  My god, that even looks like my haircut.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2005, 07:28:51 am »

Maybe the colostrum is like that - I don't think the milk is. Maybe yours tastes like cantaloupe juice?
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2005, 06:13:51 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Maybe the colostrum is like that - I don't think the milk is. Maybe yours tastes like cantaloupe juice?


i am not even going to ask how you no so much about this issue, the possible consequences are not pleasant i don't think.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2005, 09:25:06 am »

Get real.

I'm an involved husband and dad of two.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2005, 03:14:33 pm »

Speaking as a person with several ounces of breast milk in her fridge, I can say with authority that it is very sweet.  The closest thing I can think of is that  it tastes like the milk that is left after you eat all your cereal.  It is also not homogenized, so you have to swirl it before you give it to the baby, or else all the cream stays in the bottle.  And my friend swears you can make butter out of it.  (I haven't tried.)  

As for the canteloupe juice, I don't think they taste similar, but my son loves canteloupe, so maybe there's a connection.  I don't think it has a strong flavor, either -- nothing like goat's milk, anyway -- but then again, I understand it gets richer and less sweet the older the baby gets, and it's been quite some time since I personally have tasted any.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2005, 04:11:32 pm »

I was about to say, yeah, AD is a husband and a father. While the precise circumstances are maybe a little TMI, I think his generally possessing this knowledge is understandable.

Anyway, wasn't this thread about Onstad's baby updates?
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2005, 05:31:10 pm »

Quote from: "foolio"
On a side note, has anyone ever tasted breast milk? Is it good? I must have had some when I was a baby but I forget what it tastes like.

It is very sweet.  The flavor is very much influenced by the mother's diet.  The color, too.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2005, 08:11:07 pm »

Quote
Current baby status, 9/7: The baby is one week shy of being halfway done with being a baby.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2005, 08:15:47 pm »

When is a baby done with being a baby?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2005, 08:17:16 pm »

I would guess, judging from the relevant dates, at one year old. Thereafter I presume it's a toddler?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2005, 08:19:44 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
When is a baby done with being a baby?

Is this one of those "how is a raven like a writing desk" things?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2005, 09:34:08 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I would guess, judging from the relevant dates, at one year old. Thereafter I presume it's a toddler?


It could be a walking thing, but that happens at different times for different kids.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2005, 12:07:09 am »

Onstad is already planning on what he'll do with the baby's room once it's left home.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2005, 06:01:51 am »

Quote
Current baby status, 9/9: The baby looked on as the local nutty old lady who wears only a long white t-shirt and flip-flops nearly got killed while wandering across a busy street.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2005, 06:13:43 am »

Bad things just keep happening in proximity to baby.  Ominous.

Current baby status 9/27:  The baby laughed as I snagged my coin purse with my zipper.

Current baby status 10/1: We came back to find the dog half eaten and the baby watching the People's Court.

Current baby status 10/30:  Special delivery from the grocer?  10 pints of goats blood requiring the babies' signature.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67   Go Up