Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205512 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2005, 05:39:42 pm »

Quote

Current baby status, 9/22: At the Millbrae Pancake House the baby threw her foam "#8" bath toy onto the floor. The waitress with the thick Jersey accent and wet hair had a slug-shaped bruise on her tricep area.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2005, 12:39:10 pm »

Current baby status, 9/23: The baby was enormously displeased with our a cappella bathtime rendition of "Particle Man."
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2005, 12:56:31 pm »

This is quite a coincidence.  My baby was enormously pleased with my a cappella bathtime rendition of "Particle Man" last night.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2005, 02:39:52 pm »

Perhaps you have better pipes than O.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2005, 03:25:23 pm »

Or possibly your baby has better taste in music.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2005, 08:23:38 pm »

I sang "Fibber Island" and "Violin" during bathtime last night.  I tried to do "The House at the Top of the Tree," but I don't know it well enough.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2005, 08:39:08 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I sang "Fibber Island" and "Violin" during bathtime last night.  I tried to do "The House at the Top of the Tree," but I don't know it well enough.

Nice choices. I would recommend "Four of Two," but I also plan on having children who react to the phrase "gigantic metal bugs" with as much enthusiasm as I do.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2005, 10:45:46 pm »

Current baby status, 9/24: The baby wore a helmet of suds during the bathtime rendition of "Birdhouse In Your Soul."
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2005, 11:25:43 pm »

A far superior choice to particle man, if I do say so myself.  Though this TMBG thing with Onstad makes me a little uneasy altogether.

Still, my parents sung me 'Stay Up Late' by the Talking Heads when I was a baby, and I would assume David Byrne was capable of imparting far greater weirdness on my malleable skull than TMBG, so ok.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2005, 11:41:24 pm »

Quote from: "Max"

Still, my parents sung me 'Stay Up Late' by the Talking Heads when I was a baby, and I would assume David Byrne was capable of imparting far greater weirdness on my malleable skull than TMBG, so ok.


Good God, do you think the entire Cartilage Head thing was inspired by an accidental finger-caused deformation of the Baby's soft spot?
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2005, 03:55:54 am »

As I recall such an idea has already been suggested on these boards in one of the cartilage threads, though I think it was more along the lines of Onstad simply having the idea on his mind, rather than actually mutilating his own child.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2005, 06:24:55 am »

Quote
Current baby status, 9/25: The baby killed a man in Reno.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2005, 07:41:57 am »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote
Current baby status, 9/25: The baby killed a man in Reno.


Just to watch him die...

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2005, 12:46:50 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
As I recall such an idea has already been suggested on these boards in one of the cartilage threads, though I think it was more along the lines of Onstad simply having the idea on his mind, rather than actually mutilating his own child.


It's not mutilation per se. You're playing with the baby. The soft spot kind of goes out of shape when you're holding it. You freak out, the spot pops back into place. Whew! It's only mutilation, when, as in the Flathead indians, they strap things to the baby's head to shape it strangely.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2005, 11:20:45 pm »

Though the Flathead Indians never practiced skull mutilation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_Indians

I do this not out of the pleasure of correcting someone anonymously, but because this board must continue to be about education, and I want to do my small part.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67   Go Up