Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205949 times)

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #705 on: January 09, 2007, 10:37:07 pm »

Heheheheeee!! I'm laughing maniacally right now. Omba, I would like you to make a recording of you saying "OHMIGOD" in a Valley girl voice. Pure comedic gold, right there.

It also helps that work got canceled due to 90-mile-an-hour winds, and I'm sitting at home, and my bottles of Timbuktu and Muscs Koublai Khan (expensive perfume in case you're wondering) just came in the post, and I'm drinking a beer, and GOD DAMMIT LIFE IS GOOD RIGHT NOW IN Somebody niceTOWN.

<3
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #706 on: January 11, 2007, 04:07:57 am »

As long as this is the "cute things my kids do" thread...

Quote during bath tonight:  "Can you give me another washcloth?  This one's all vaginey."

I think I have a new favorite word.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #707 on: January 11, 2007, 06:38:39 am »

As long as this is the "cute things my kids do" thread...

Quote during bath tonight:  "Can you give me another washcloth?  This one's all vaginey."

I think I have a new favorite word.

OH MY CUUUUUUUTE!
Hahahaha!
I'm in our production of the pu$$y Monologues, so I am THRILLED to hear that. How hilarious.

I have to read the saddest one out of the play, which is "My pu$$y Was My Village" which was written by Ensler in honor of the women survivors in Bosnia/Serbia/Kosovo. I have it memorized now but I think that the next time I have to go to rehearsal I'll probably cry through it anyway. The atrocities that are going on around the world and in Darfur are just...horrible.

Anyway... I'm really excited about our production, I think it's going to be very good.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #708 on: January 16, 2007, 02:38:10 am »

Current toddler status, 1/15
I cannot find the light-activated toy that makes a rooster noise every time I turn the light off in her room. It’s getting to be a problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #709 on: January 16, 2007, 04:21:57 am »

Its probably a puzzle.  My daughter has one with vehicles (cars, motorcycles, ambulances, boats) and if its not assembled all the way a (seemingly) random uncovered one will make its sound when you switch off/ turn on a light in the room.  Then I get in big trouble.  Girl likes her zzzz's.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #710 on: January 16, 2007, 11:20:29 am »

Current toddler status, 1/15
I cannot find the light-activated toy that makes a rooster noise every time I turn the light off in her room. It’s getting to be a problem.

I feel like...shouldn't it make the rooster noise whenever he turns ON the light??
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #711 on: January 17, 2007, 03:58:49 am »

Current toddler status, 1/16:
Lady and the Tramp continuity error, scene one: the newspaper that Jim Dear places next to Lady’s bed-basket is omitted from all subsequent depictions of her bed-basket.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #712 on: January 17, 2007, 04:01:29 am »

isn't it Jim Darling? I think it is, Mr Onstad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #713 on: January 17, 2007, 06:47:32 pm »

isn't it Jim Darling? I think it is, Mr Onstad.
I thought the Darlings were in Peter Pan.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #714 on: January 17, 2007, 08:33:38 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #715 on: January 17, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »

dang. I was sure enough that I didn't look it up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #716 on: January 22, 2007, 06:32:35 pm »

Current toddler status, 1/22
Schrödinger's Free Sample: the free soup sample at the store which your child simultaneously must have, yet absolutely hates and throws to the ground, only to scream for it once more.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #717 on: January 23, 2007, 02:28:40 am »

Current toddler status, 1/22
Schrödinger's Free Sample: the free soup sample at the store which your child simultaneously must have, yet absolutely hates and throws to the ground, only to scream for it once more.

Ugh... I do not have the patience for children. I get frazzled enough when Lenny starts yelling and won't stop, and he's just a kitty. The other day I was in the middle of making chili, and as I was chopping onions Lenny started hollering for attention. Bad time to yell, Lennypie! Mom is busy! Dammit...he won't stop yelling. Man, he is REALLY insistent! Stop prepping ingredients, turn burner down to low, wash hands twice to get onion smell off, dry hands furiously, and spend a few minutes hugging and petting the Lennybruce. Kitty is happy, I can go back to food preparation.

Well, maybe I *would* make a good parent. My little bratty-brat starts yelling, and I take time to go comfort him. HOWEVER...a cat can entertain himself. A child is a metric-shit-ton more work than I could ever possibly fathom.
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #718 on: January 23, 2007, 03:40:23 am »

I love children, as long as they're other peoples'. I have no desire to be a parent. I thoroughly agree with the assessment that they are a "metric shit-ton" more work than pets. I'm a teacher, so I get enough interaction with kids to feel all maternal and whatever, but it's nice that at 3:00 I can go home and not have to deal with anyone else's needs but my own.

I do enjoy the kid updates though. I've gotten some new vernacular out of them, for instance referring to a man's chest hair as his "macho." It's in my vocabulary now, like I'll find myself saying to a girlfriend, "Oh, he's got wonderful macho."

They're useful. For a chuckle, at least; and for new vocab, at best.
Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #719 on: January 26, 2007, 08:06:12 am »

Current toddler status, 1/25
She tells small stories now. Did you know that at the zoo, OWL...SLEEPING...TIRED?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67   Go Up