Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005  (Read 9887 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 10:13:21 pm »

Yeah, but the money you save on Pr0n would be spent getting the shoes cleaned out.
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 10:20:40 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Yeah, but the money you save on Pr0n would be spent getting the shoes cleaned out.


I suddenly got this image of Todd, being interviewed, declaiming that he "ain't wearing no" socks.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 10:57:34 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Yeah, but the money you save on Pr0n would be spent getting the shoes cleaned out.


I suddenly got this image of Todd, being interviewed, declaiming that he "ain't wearing no" socks.

Nice.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 03:26:31 am »

I love the enormous difficulty Onstad has in restraining himself from coming off as totally obnoxious in his latest blog entry. It's funny to imagine how it could really be that hard to kindly explain that he already knows about the Black and Decker model toaster oven mount.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 04:03:15 am »

Quote from: "mudokon"
I love the enormous difficulty Onstad has in restraining himself from coming off as totally obnoxious in his latest blog entry. It's funny to imagine how it could really be that hard to kindly explain that he already knows about the Black and Decker model toaster oven mount.

I'm picturing him snapping back and forth between Good Onstad (a basically nice, reasonable guy) and Bad Onstad (Pat to the infinite power):

"Gosh, a lot of people wrote in to suggest the same toaster oven, but I forgot to mention that it doesn't work. I should probably mention it."

"Those PLEBIANS! How DARE they assume that you had not already chosen and discarded the most obvious model?! They must be chastised for their hubris in assuming you would do such a thing!"

"Now, calm down, they probably just didn't realize --"

"Castigate them in RHYME!"
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 12:12:01 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
"Castigate them in RHYME!"


I love days like today.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 12:27:23 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm picturing him snapping back and forth between Good Onstad (a basically nice, reasonable guy) and Bad Onstad (Pat to the infinite power):

"Gosh, a lot of people wrote in to suggest the same toaster oven, but I forgot to mention that it doesn't work. I should probably mention it."

"Those PLEBIANS! How DARE they assume that you had not already chosen and discarded the most obvious model?! They must be chastised for their hubris in assuming you would do such a thing!"

"Now, calm down, they probably just didn't realize --"

"Castigate them in RHYME!"

Will he be wearing a sock puppet ala South Park only in this case the puppet will be named Mr. Pat?

That was great V.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 01:48:58 pm »

There is no need to spend exactly $120 on a knife when this can be had at less than half the price.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 06:03:38 pm »

I think my heart's explodin'! These Knives!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 06:24:14 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I think my heart's explodin'! These Knives!

I know my basal nervous system wants this knife.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 08:43:19 pm »

Man, it's fallin' through that onion.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 11:53:22 pm »

Man, that knife can do anything!  Just ask...Baby Jesus!

I move this thread be stopped, quickly.  I apologize for contributing to it.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 04:19:11 am »

I had a terrible thought.  All this talk of shoes in sexual terms...

Well, it suddenly casts Philippe's "stayed up way too late (new shoes!)" in an entirely new, and entirely unwelcome light.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 05:28:12 pm »

Once this friend of mine was crossing the street right near Tower City in Cleveland when this guy comes up to her in the crosswalk and offers her $50 if he can smell her shoes.

True story.

The world is full of interesting people.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogs of August (Blogust?) 2005
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 12:17:13 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Once this friend of mine was crossing the street right near Tower City in Cleveland when this guy comes up to her in the crosswalk and offers her $50 if he can smell her shoes.

True story.

The world is full of interesting people.

Hmm, Cleveland you say?  I drove through Cleveland once.  While driving along on the freeway I noticed a guy in the car next to me just totally stroking his crank for all it was worth.  He seemed to be completely unconcerned in his small car that virtually everyone could peer in and see exactly what he was doing.  What is up with Cleveland?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up