Cleveland has no privilege to discriminate based on smell.
According to this logic...
Two guys in Cleveland:
A: Hey, it smells like this milk has gone bad.
B: Ah, but there's no way to be sure, since we're in Cleveland and everything smells bad here, so you have to taste it to be sure.
A: Blurt! Oh god why! It tastes so bad! I wish I could discriminate based on smell!
A tourist in Cleveland:
Tourist: Gee, maybe I shouldn't go down this alley, since it stinks of hobo pee. Oh wait, I'm in Cleveland, so it's probably just a cleveland smell, no hobo pee.
Hobo: Ha, ha, like so many others, you have stumbled into my hobo grotto, unable to discern my hobo pee smell from the regular cleveland air! Now hand over your spare change before I jesus monkey newpaper you!
My point is, that sometimes you can even smell worse than the normal stink of a place. It's possible.
I didn't mean to imply that starlight stinks, btw. Really it's me. I'm the one who stinks. Who stinks? I do.