Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?  (Read 5145 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« on: August 23, 2005, 05:15:00 am »

It's nice to see Roast Beef's fears finally come to fruition, and that he was capable of handling it pretty well. I like Ray's calm response, as well. So there's that.


My problem is that I'm always tempted to read the alt text before I read the actual comic.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 05:23:00 am »

Heheh. I like the juxtaposition of Beef's total fear and Beef's total calm when actually confronted. You just know he's gonna go out there and get some cookies, and Ray won't care.

Also, full points for the wildly inappropriate "scan your belly button" idea.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 05:35:39 am »

Like Ray has room to talk!  Want some birthday cake Mr. Smuckles?

Seems like the internet porn theme is recurring curiously often these days.  Has Onstad hit a post-partum dry spell with the Ol' Lady?  Welcome to my dang ol' world.  See you in 20 years.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 05:42:00 am »

Everyone has been in a similar situation as this, I'm sure.

Scanners are totally not the right tool to take pictures of naked body parts. There is no way to make it look flattering.

I love Ray's little cut off line there, "Beef, you ever taste sugar cookies?"
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 05:48:44 am »

Why did he turn the lights off?

At first I thought he fell asleep, but I now believe that not to be the case.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 06:26:30 am »

I think the room darkened from the sheer dank weight of his shame.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 06:29:21 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Like Ray has room to talk!  Want some birthday cake Mr. Smuckles?

Seems like the internet porn theme is recurring curiously often these days.  Has Onstad hit a post-partum dry spell with the Ol' Lady?  Welcome to my dang ol' world.  See you in 20 years.


Happy to say our stuff just gets better with each kid. The off time was pretty short, too.  I think we'll have, like, 10.  I'll be a shriveled husk of a man but sooooo happy.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 12:43:30 pm »

I admire Beef's tenacity. He fought the guilt, the shame, just to see his belly button from a different perspective.
And I admire Ray's nonchalance in discovering Beef. Although it came as no surprise that his reaction was so subdued.
It's kinda like having a parent walk in on you during...something...but it's Ray, so he's cool with it.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 01:31:50 pm »

Cats don't have bellybuttons, dammit!! But at least Beef's tail is there, albeit tucked under.

I hadn't given any thought to banging a website before, but now...now...I can't stop thinking about it.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

Islikemoxie!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 01:55:20 pm »

"Dude, are you bangin´ a website?" is THE line, no need to make this a 12-panel strip.

About the darkness: Its just there so Onstad can use the "KLIK", and it works fine too.

edit: spelling as usual, and hey? - How come I come across as pissed off?
Logged
"God dammit Krystle! I needed that pipeline!"

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 02:16:53 pm »

If anyone would understand bangin' a website, I would expect it to be Ray.  But on the whole I guess he's cool, better "No cookies for you" than "Get out of my house!"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 03:03:21 pm »

What about "Did you ever taste sugar cookies?"  I mean, I thought sugar cookies were pretty ubiquitous.  I mean, Ray's eaten one of every endangered species, but he's never had a sugar cookie?

Now I fully expect 17 of you to chime in and post that you've never had a dang ol' sugar cookie either.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 05:35:05 pm »

I think the sugar cookie thing is more that Ray is just so accustomed to weird/rare things (cilantro-ape ceviche, bi-curious prime rib), that when presented with something as completely ordinary as a sugar cookie, it's like a rare, exotic thing for him.  Spot on.

"Banging a website" is an awesome line, and will be tough to insert into conversation from now on.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 06:33:26 pm »

Quote from: "Islikemoxie!"
"Dude, are you bangin´ a website?" is THE line, no need to make this a 12-panel strip.


Agreed - I think this strip works even if you cut out the first eight panels.  Maybe throw in the eighth, just to get the "KLIK."

I dearly hope the scan of Beef's bellybutton somehow ends up on a blog or something.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
August 23, 2005 - Dude, are you bangin' a website?
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 06:58:47 pm »

Quote from: "acoxcae"
I think the sugar cookie thing is more that Ray is just so accustomed to weird/rare things (cilantro-ape ceviche, bi-curious prime rib), that when presented with something as completely ordinary as a sugar cookie, it's like a rare, exotic thing for him.  Spot on.


Alternatively, he assumes that anything he eats is so weird and rare that none of his friends have ever had it. Either way he has lost the ability to distinguish.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up