What a strange dream I just awoke from.
I'm watching Paul Simon perform. It's not in a concert hall though, rather in the parking lot of a gas station near my house. That's strange enough, but why this gas station I can't figure because it's not one I frequent often. Paul Simon and his band were in the parking lot of the station among the gas pumps and the audience were across the street on the embankment of the freeway overpass. This too is odd because they rebuilt that freeway maybe 20 years ago, making it wider. Before the edge of the overpass made a hill down to the access street. Now it's wider and it's a sheer wall between the upper road and the access road below. So apparently this dream takes place many years in the past or something. I don't know. Paul Simon is performing a breakdown in the music where he is trying to interact with the crowd in his typically stiff way. Behind him the guitar player (an annonymous blond young guy, not one of his usuals) is playing some jazz licks. Simon (who had been approaching the crowd) breaks that off and goes over to the guitar player and begins to berate him for playing a mistake. He does it in a way that might suggest he is only joking, but he never gives us a wink to let us know that it's just part of the act. For his part the guitar player just meekly takes his criticism. Next Simon and all the rest of the band and crew are leading dogs. They are all in a line, maybe 20 of them, sort of a dog walking conga line I guess. And they are all the same type of dog. I don't know the breed name, but they are tall skinny dogs with long legs and lots of hair. They are leading the dogs away from the crowd down the street and other dogs, local dogs I suppose, tough rotweillers and pit bulls start to approach and sniff around the tall dogs. And that's where it ended.
Have you ever heard of such a strange dream?
~Paul