Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005  (Read 2894 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Islikemoxie!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 07:46:54 am »

Yeah, kind of like the ever popular crossdressing routine in sitcoms.

Boo to that.
Logged
"God dammit Krystle! I needed that pipeline!"

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 07:49:34 am »

I enjoy the line "you are so pretty".
I imagine it being delivered in a soft whimper, perhaps through a choked tear.
And Klick occurs again?! This must be Onstad's new favourite noise.
Good strip, would read again.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 01:02:15 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242005

Ha... ha?


TEODOR IS GOING TO DIE.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 01:06:40 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242005

Ha... ha?

TEODOR IS GOING TO DIE.

Again? Think it'll take this time.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 01:29:30 pm »

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 02:52:52 pm »

Gosh that's disturbing.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 05:46:56 pm »

What's disturbing is that Onstad thought that would entertain us.

V-Adore

  • Guest
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 06:18:49 pm »

Let's be fair: as a variation on the "one character overhears something that sounds terrible and it turns out to be less so" gag, this is sort of funny. What a weak-ass gag, but hey. I find it residually funny that Nice Pete was actually talking to a chicken.

Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe? The first skim-through I missed Teodor's thought bubble in the fifth panel and assumed that the misunderstanding gag was "Teodor thinks Beef is killing Molly and/or another lady, but instead it's just Nice Pete being a weirdo."
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 07:05:02 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe?


Both Nice Pete and Roast Beef show a distain for punctuation.  I think they look quite similar, aside from the hair.

Since Showbiz appears a couple of years younger than Beef, I wonder if Beef and Pete are the twins Beef's dad mentions before getting shot.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 07:11:30 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe?


Both Nice Pete and Roast Beef show a distain for punctuation.  I think they look quite similar, aside from the hair.

Since Showbiz appears a couple of years younger than Beef, I wonder if Beef and Pete are the twins Beef's dad mentions before getting shot.

If I recall correctly, it's been verified at this point that Showbiz and Beef are twins and that Nice Pete is from West Virginia, while Beef appears to be an Achewood native.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 07:15:43 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe?


Both Nice Pete and Roast Beef show a distain for punctuation.  I think they look quite similar, aside from the hair.


Per an earlier thread, Onstad likes to pair up complementary Meyers-Briggs types. It so happens that the introverted ones (Beef, Pete, Blister) show a disdain for punctuation.The exception appears to be Mr. Bear.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 07:36:50 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe? The first skim-through I missed Teodor's thought bubble in the fifth panel and assumed that the misunderstanding gag was "Teodor thinks Beef is killing Molly and/or another lady, but instead it's just Nice Pete being a weirdo."


Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 07:48:53 pm »

You, sir, win at the Internet.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 11:52:47 pm »

Naw, the JL re-done dinosaur comic was funnier than that.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up