Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005  (Read 5603 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« on: August 26, 2005, 07:36:18 pm »

Ray's swinging arms were great in this one.  They really distracted me from the whole conversation.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:41:21 pm »

Given that Onstad is a foodie (I am using that word and you cannot stop me), and that he injects foodie fantasies into his characters' lives and blogs, I am wondering if he has this whole callipygian-posteriors/cakes thing, or if he in fact dressed like a CUNT in a tub of cream.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 07:54:14 pm »

Bobby, your new icon is just wrong.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 08:22:53 pm »

I would think that sheet cake would be less satisfying than something thicker. It's all about layers.

And let me just tell you that nipple rings look really really weird on a mammogram. Not that this would affect Ray, I'm just saying.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 09:19:14 pm »

Ray's example of Sean Connery as a nipple-ring sophisticate gives me pause. It makes me wonder: does Connery actually have nipple rings? If so, terror.

(On a tangential subject: is anyone else weirded out by the Vintage T advertisement being Ray saying "hella tasteful!"? I mean, when I think of authorities on tasteful things, I do not think of Ray Smuckles. Ray endorsing the shirt makes me wonder if it smells like Goldschlager and has some sort of LED panel displaying ASCII porno on the back.)
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 09:30:08 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
(On a tangential subject: is anyone else weirded out by the Vintage T advertisement being Ray saying "hella tasteful!"? I mean, when I think of authorities on tasteful things, I do not think of Ray Smuckles. Ray endorsing the shirt makes me wonder if it smells like Goldschlager and has some sort of LED panel displaying ASCII porno on the back.)


I get the impression that Ray thinks he is the ultimate arbiter of taste.   He goes on about his high IQ, as well, but shows no evidence of being especially intelligent.

I imagine he just kept bugging Onstad over and over about how he (Ray) would be the perfect model for the new shirt, and Onstad just said, "Fine, fine, whatever.  You're giving me a headache."

Now, he does seem to know his liquor.  I guess.  I mean, all those names could be made up and I'd be no wiser.  Or taller.
Logged

gearnest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Prewar Gibson Banjos
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 09:45:08 pm »

Is Ray powerwalking?
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 10:04:12 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Bobby, your new icon is just wrong.


Indeed. It made vomit come out of my mouth.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 10:19:42 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"


And let me just tell you that nipple rings look really really weird on a mammogram.


How the hell do you know this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 10:36:46 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

And let me just tell you that nipple rings look really really weird on a mammogram.

How the hell do you know this.

She had a hoss shoe shaped one with pointy ends. I think she was like 54.

Oh, and I work at a place that accredits mammographers. I see something like 3 or 400 women's cases every day. But so far only one nipple piercing.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 11:29:00 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
I get the impression that Ray thinks he is the ultimate arbiter of taste.   He goes on about his high IQ, as well, but shows no evidence of being especially intelligent.


The fact that he feels Sean Connery would wear nipple rings, goes to show what kind of grasp he has on style... plus... HE IS A CAT IN A THONG.

But if the thought of a cat gettin off on a chick sitting on cake isn't webcest... I don't know what is.

Also, I thought Ray said "hell of" rather than hella most of the time. It just feels out of place as hella.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 01:38:53 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"


Oh, and I work at a place that accredits mammographers. I see something like 3 or 400 women's cases every day.


I'm speechless. I had no idea such a thing existed.  How did you know to want to be this when you grew up?

We are all about education.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 04:20:05 am »

I love when Beef just totally burns the other characters. It's more fun than when Teodor or Lyle does it, in my opinion.

I want to see a return of the Car of Pain.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 06:43:14 am »

Quote from: "Skillator"

Also, I thought Ray said "hell of" rather than hella most of the time. It just feels out of place as hella.


That's Beef, right?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
A Sheet Cake and A Raised Eyebrow - August 26, 2005
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 07:52:25 am »

Quote from: "miles"
That's Beef, right?


Yes.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up