Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)  (Read 12231 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 12:26:54 pm »

We totally owned that "pigs in a dice cup" game when I was young. How strange to see it show up again.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 02:04:20 pm »

I think there's an online version somewhere, but I don't have time to search for it right now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 03:47:27 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I think there's an online version somewhere, but I don't have time to search for it right now.


That is the slogan of the internet.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 05:51:15 pm »

BLOG UPDATES: Philippe buys a toy for his new son, Molly relates an absolutely filthy tale, I saw something on Sunday, Nice Pete's book update, Ray's update accidentally deleted | Strip updates noon PDT

This is worth having.
Logged
I am older now.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 06:20:02 pm »

Did anyone catch Ray's entry, if there was one?
Logged

Simms

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 11:07:19 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I think there's an online version somewhere, but I don't have time to search for it right now.


Is it this?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 11:53:36 pm »

The damn computer cheats!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 12:10:32 am »

I kicked the computers ass 2 out of 3, but yeah I think it was cheating.  But then I got a double snouter and the damn thing gave up.  What a poor loser.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 01:51:06 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
 Still, I remember about five years ago there was a whole dick-for-a-day thing that was really popular.


Now how did I miss this?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 03:21:12 am »

So, I haven't figured out exactly how this relates to Achewood today yet, but I wanted it to be perfectly clear how much I hate you all for sucking away all of my productivity for a good ten minutes.

Also, I kicked the computer's ASS!

Carry on.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 01:15:59 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Did anyone catch Ray's entry, if there was one?

Apparently Chris did, and it wasn't really a big loss.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 03:07:13 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Crazy inventions like tools for complexly braiding your hair and those towels that are compressed into the size of a credit card - "great for travel," and one time, one of the items in it was a feminine urine despenser - a crotch funnel, with a container and release drain - "great for travel."


A girl I worked with at the campus radio station in college used this invention as the basis for her air name - the product in question was called the "Lady John" or something like that and she dubbed herself "Lady J."

I know this to be the provenance of her airname because people always used to ask "You mean like the chick from GI Joe?!?" when they met her.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 05:26:04 am »

Pat's October 13th update:

A frenzied night on the history channel message boards; this depressed me immediately after I read it. Chiding top-down freeware is pretty cool to me.
Logged
I am older now.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2005, 04:55:38 pm »

Apparently my Blogger account has been hacked again.  I would NEVER write any such SENSELESS drivel as that latest entry on my Blog  (http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/2005/10/computer-software.html).  I would suspect one of you, but since you all apparently have NOTHING better to do with your time than post on this RIDICULOUS message board, and since Onstad's moronity appears to you as brilliance, I doubt you'd have the intellectual fire-power to hack into ANYTHING except a box of cookies.  Heaven help you if there's shrink-wrap inside.

No, I'm starting to think it might be Onstad.  Well, he'll HEAR about this.  I may take that damned pencil he's always chewing on and use to POKE OUT one of his eyes.  In fact, I'll offer a plate of my famous cilantro-fried corn-paste nuggets to anyone who can find evidence of this.

I would never have written anything praiseworthy of computer software.  That is so stupid.  I do all my finances by hand, in ink, thank you very much.

Computer software is simply an attempt to defraud the members of the public out of their hard-earned money.  I tried this so called FormatMaker 7 software once.  A more pitiable attempt at usability I have never before seen.  And I could swear that I could see my finances adjust themselves when I would enter in numbers.  Well, if I cannot trust a computer program to know what I want, I am certainly not going to trust its pitiable attempts at mathematics.  When I connected with my bank through my 2400 baud modem, it appeared as if my bank balance had gone down.  I know I stopped payment after I came from the gas station (the attendant was insufficiently courteous).  This was therefore impossible.  The software was trying to steal my money!

The poster obviously felt that, since Women are stupid, he obviously hoped to tap into this universal feeling in order to make his point, but even this was part of the attempt at fraud.  It doesn't matter how stupid you are, computer programs are designed to make you feel stupid.  This is so when they crash, and you lose your poem or you cannot access your recipe file, you will feel that YOU messed it up.  If this weren't so evil, it would be ingenious.  As for FormatMaker 7, this software is simply not usable.  Even a genius cannot use it, as I can tell you.

Rest assured that I am currently securing legal counsel so I can make my move against the makers of FormatMaker 7.  It is for the good of the public at large.  

I am also suing Toshiba, as merely flinging their laptop against the wall should not have caused this kind of damage.  Once again, the public is being hoodwinked to think that THEY are the ones who are at fault, when some time and care in design and manufacturing would take care of all these details.  Well, I for one am not going to stand for it.

--Pat Reynolds

PS:  To the poster who said that I have my head "so far up" my "intestinal tract that" I appear "to be coughing up free Baby Ruth bars," all I have to say is this.  I have your address. You're going to get a letter from me.  Don't leave the house.

{This post edited by Pat, 11:36}
{This post edited by Pat, 11:38}
{This post edited by Pat, 11:39}
{This post edited by Pat, 11:42}
{This post edited by Pat, 11:46}
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogtoberfest! (Oct 2005)
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2005, 09:46:46 pm »

I usually just skim all of the posts here to make sure no one is misbehaving or calling one of my homegirls a bitch or something, so when I first started reading your post I thought you were writing yourself, Null, and not quoting Pat.

Or is this pitiable Achewood fanfic?  Is there anyone we should call...?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up