Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you  (Read 14007 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2005, 07:24:18 am »

Quote from: "side_show"

But I am a woman... I have fluffy bouncey breasts and soft silky skin, and lovely flowing hair.  


I'm having trouble getting past this... also, there is one more thing...

Anyway, thanks for the visual. It's much appreciated.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2005, 08:02:05 am »

The Dawg has a good point. I have oscillating breasts, soft skin, and flowing hair and it does not make me a woman. It makes me a fat hippie.

edit: breasts with the potential to oscillate. They do not oscillate at all times.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2005, 08:29:10 am »

Quote from: "jough"
... speaking of women of "average" builds, has anyone seen the Dove ads with regular looking women (not airbrushed ridiculously skinny models) in their underwear?  They are about the hottest fuck*ng billboards I've ever seen.


See, my coworker is all angry about these ads.  She is angry because they are not "average" women at all, but instead ultra-beautiful women of perfectly even proportions, who happen to not be skinny.  I don't know what I think about that.  When I saw the ads, I really liked them.  I think there is nothing wrong with having a "standard" of beauty.  After all, their tag line is "real beauty" not "real women."  When I saw these ads, I thought - wow, those women are especially beautiful!"  Also, part of what makes the dove women beautiful is that it seems the typical fashion model is so damn standardized that they all look like clones with different hair and skin tones.  

Also, the Dove Women are indeed women - not children - or made to look like children, which is much sexier in my book.  

Also, by SO made and excited grunting noise when I showed him the ad when it first came out.

Quote
Not that I have a Lolita fetish or anything (well, I guess I do adore the Nabokov novel) but it's hell of hot to be called "daddy" like that.  But it's hell of cheesy to refer to oneself as "daddy" as in "Who's your daddy?"  Yeah.  Ultimate cuddles right back atcha.


Well, not that I have a submissive fetish or anything, but it's hell a' nice to be stood up for.

I have to eat another Thanksgiving meal in 8 hours so I need my rest too.  

Caio.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2005, 12:54:44 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
edit: breasts with the potential to oscillate. They do not oscillate at all times.

Disturbing Mental Image of the Week Award
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2005, 01:55:19 pm »

Aren't the Dove Women billboards the ones where people have actively been complaining because the women don't look like models, and apparently people believes this makes them visual pollution? Something about "I don't want to look at ugly women during my commute" or something like that? If so, WTF.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2005, 02:17:14 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Aren't the Dove Women billboards the ones where people have actively been complaining because the women don't look like models, and apparently people believes this makes them visual pollution? Something about "I don't want to look at ugly women during my commute" or something like that? If so, WTF.


About a month ago, I was listening to this crazy-far-far right wing radio show where the host was saying that these ads are bad because they are putting forth a "dangerous" idea that these women are attractive.  Apparently to him, they are of an unhealthy body weight.  WTF?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2005, 02:20:28 pm »

V: Yeah, women complain that they're not "average" women but rather beautiful women who have curvy womanly bodies.  I don't think Dove ever claimed they were supposed to be representative of the average woman.  Some people probably have complained that you can't see their rib cages because their skin isn't stretched so tightly over them.  Also, I would be willing to bet that those women all have their molars.

Oh, and by the way, women: getting parts of your body removed (like teeth and ribs) to make you look thinner does not actually make you look more beautiful.

Then again, I don't like fake boobs.  They usually look horrible (hint: the nipple is not supposed to be on TOP of the breast) and even if they look okay, they rarely feel right, and a woman's ta-tas were meant first to be touched (at least that's what Jesus said when I asked him about this).

Quote from: "Smells"
Well, not that I have a submissive fetish or anything, but it's hell a' nice to be stood up for.


Hell yeah I'll throw down for my peeps.*

I got your back.



I suppose all of the "regulars" are my peeps - but at this time I am unsure as to how many posts or how much length in calendar time it requires for one to move to peepdom.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2005, 02:22:13 pm »

P.S. Imperator Severn, I believe you owe Side_Show, and the rest of us an apology for being such a cretin.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2005, 02:27:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
V: Yeah, women complain that they're not "average" women but rather beautiful women who have curvy womanly bodies.  I don't think Dove ever claimed they were supposed to be representative of the average woman.  Some people probably have complained that you can't see their rib cages because their skin isn't stretched so tightly over them.  Also, I would be willing to bet that those women all have their molars.

See, I wouldn't complain about that; I mean, Dove sells beauty products. Of course they're going to use beautiful models! It's called "classical conditioning." I'm just confused by the idea that beautiful normal-looking women are now considered to be ugly (or unhealthy, which insofar as I can tell is the more culturally acceptable way of calling someone ugly) because of a presence of all-natural body parts &c. That's just getting a little silly.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2005, 02:34:02 pm »

Yeah, I don't think the women in the Dove ads are "plus sized"* as much as they are just not waigiraffe.  And I'm pretty sure it's the ad's contention that these women are beautiful (El Guapo concurs).



* Speaking of plus-sized women - there is a chain of stores around here called "Dress Barn Woman" and I don't know if they sell plus-sized clothing or just stuff for smaller womenfolk, but either way, what the hell kind of self-esteem must a woman have to shop at a place called "Dress Barn Woman"?  It's like saying "C'mon in, you fat cows, and strap on some feed and some clothing."  I do realise that they're trying to go for the "our prices are so cheap that it's like one of those old converted barn places" but dang, the negative connotations alone should give pause to rethink the name of a store meant to actually sell things to women.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2005, 02:37:13 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
* Speaking of plus-sized women - there is a chain of stores around here called "Dress Barn Woman" and I don't know if they sell plus-sized clothing or just stuff for smaller womenfolk, but either way, what the hell kind of self-esteem must a woman have to shop at a place called "Dress Barn Woman"?  It's like saying "C'mon in, you fat cows, and strap on some feed and some clothing."  I do realise that they're trying to go for the "our prices are so cheap that it's like one of those old converted barn places" but dang, the negative connotations alone should give pause to rethink the name of a store meant to actually sell things to women.

The only flaw in your logic is that Dress Barn also sells non-plus-sized clothing, and all the ones I've ever been in had both selections in the same store. Every Dress Barn I've ever been in has been relatively classy, too -- I mean, not a place you go and buy things for your big job interview, but somewhere where you can get reasonably nice dressy casual clothes. (Not a discount place, either.) What possibly possessed them to call it "Dress Barn?" I find myself utterly baffled. Multiple people must have thought this was a good name for a store. How did this happen?
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2005, 02:39:43 pm »

I think the most important physical feature is the face.  I mean, that's what I look at when I'm talking to someone, and it's what I think of when I think of them.  Good body and bad face only works for porn stars.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2005, 02:42:19 pm »

That wasn't an apology, Imp.

Try it again.  And be sure to grovel a little.  It'll help.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2005, 02:43:34 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I suppose all of the "regulars" are my peeps - but at this time I am unsure as to how many posts or how much length in calendar time it requires for one to move to peepdom.


More than 265 posts, I'm guessing.

But as long as I don't get mistaken for a newbie, it's all good.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oct 7, 2005 - If they are from Asia, and they don't like you
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2005, 02:45:58 pm »

Hey, just because you're my peep doesn't mean I won't slap you down if you're being a dick to the other peeps.

Also, anyone who has ever sent me a mix CD is my peep.

I have pretty loose rules for peepocity I think.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up