Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: On Backorder - 10 October 2005  (Read 5986 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 03:24:22 pm »

Quote from: side_show
Real names?  On the internet?  I dunno about this...

My actual name is:

(edited to prevent hobo abduction)

I used to use a fake name on the internet but then a few years ago I figured I'd make myself more available to people who may Google me.

However, having said that, you may want to remove traces of your name from here lest they show up in Google.  A place like this can ruin a girl's reputation.

Although checking the big G for (edited to prevent hobo abduction) revealed that you already posted your name to a thread here back in April.

And evidently Google thinks that you are: "(edited to prevent hobo abduction), a mentally challenged girl who harbours a secret of her own."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:08:01 pm by side_show »
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 03:26:41 pm »

The best course of action is to get a famous entertainer with the same name as you.


Extra points for it not being Michael Bolton.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 03:28:55 pm »

Office Space references always win me over, but that still doesn't look like an apology, I_S.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2005, 03:30:02 pm »

My like for Milklin has diminished now that I've seen his handwriting.
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 03:37:43 pm »

Quote from: jough
And evidently Google thinks that you are: "(edited to prevent hobo abduction), a mentally challenged girl who harbours a secret of her own."

Yes, until I switched over to directing, I eeked out a career as the go-to-girl when directors were looking for someone to play a retard.  I write "retard" not as a derogatory toward mentally challenged people, but as a derogatory toward myself, who lacks the high art acting skills to play a well developed mentally challenged character, and hence instead presented my characters as broadly painted retards, perhaps lacking in the nuiances needed to be as fully formed as needed.  Also, I did harbour a secret, the secret that I didn't bother to research actual mentally disabled people to play that role, but instead based my performance on the off hand observations I had made of people on the bus.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:08:35 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 04:12:09 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Also, I did harbour a secret, the secret that I didn't bother to research actual mentally disabled people to play that role, but instead based my performance on the off hand observations I had made of people on the bus.


But isn't that the best way? I think we all fondly remember our "DURRR!" days of elementary school playground teasing.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Is it wrong that I think "M. Rufus Honniker" sounds pretty good, in a sort of "genteel 1920's bootlegger" way?


But then he'd be Mayor Rufus, kissing Mommy where she pees from. IT'S ALL COMING INTO PLACE NOW
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 05:26:05 pm »

"Milklin, Witness Once Rescinded" would be a great new low level rank for noobs.  I think it would fit nicely between "Dr. Kisses" and "Your Old Friend Blister."

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 05:32:33 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Milklin Filbert Honniker

Milklin Rufus Honniker

He just cries out for an even more terrible middle name.

Milklin Woodrow (Woody)Honniker.

Do you people remember nothing that Night Court taught you? The worst possible name in any situation is Reinhold. Reinhold Weege. Reinhold "Dan" Fielding. Milklin Reinhold Honniker. Terrible. Just terrible.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 05:36:53 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Milklin Filbert Honniker

Milklin Rufus Honniker

He just cries out for an even more terrible middle name.

Milklin Woodrow (Woody)Honniker.

Also, my own middle and last name are both extremely unpronounceable, especially when paired together, unless you grew up speaking French, which strangly I did not, so I can't really pronounce my own name.  It's pretty silly.  I am named after my great grandmother, who was named after an ancestor who died in the early 17's in Paris - she was a nun.  The only records of her are her cloistering and her death and the comment in the church register at the time of her death - translated to basically read:  "lived a chaste life."


How is it that someone who died a virgin turned out to also be a great grandmother?
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 05:37:49 pm »

Hard work and perseverance.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 05:39:50 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
How is it that someone who died a virgin turned out to also be a great grandmother?


If I read it correctly, I believe the great-grandma was named after the virgin.

EDIT: And being the first post on this page, that makes for a HELLA GREAT outta-context sentence.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 05:41:57 pm »

That's what happens when I try to read and post before 8 am. Thanks for clearing that up.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 06:00:26 pm »

man i could really use one of those patricians...  seriously.  i cannot tell you how many times roasting a perfect bird has been a problem for me.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 06:13:43 pm »

That's a scary-looking machine, the Patrician™.
But the slogan is a work of genius, specially with that period: "Roasting a bird has never been a problem. For this machine".
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

hoborg

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
On Backorder - 10 October 2005
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005, 06:31:24 pm »

Isn't Honniker the last name of most of the characters from Cat's Cradle?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up