Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005  (Read 5265 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« on: October 11, 2005, 05:49:03 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10112005

I like the idea of Ray being so pissed at the sight of a Jehovah's Witness that he has to get the hose, and I like the third panel.  Like Milklin didn't react in the right way to Ray's threat, so Ray has to emphasize it in the last panel.  But I'm still waiting for the big Milklin payoff.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 05:53:46 am »

I feel so gypped by 3-panel strips now.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 05:54:00 am »

I'm waiting for Ray to actually get THE HOSE.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 05:55:51 am »

Ah Beef, this just makes me love you all the more.  What an empathic, thoughtful guy you are.  

Sure, the proselytizer is completely alien to everything you believe in.  Yet you can understand him and sympathize with his pathetic life enough to take him to Ray's house with you.


...and poor Milklin.  This isn't going to turn out well for you, is it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 06:24:00 am »

He made him sit on the porch, folks.


One day when I'm good enough to have a porch, that is exactly what I will do.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 06:33:50 am »

I think the shove is "The Hose."  He's all let me get the hose and then all unexpected like, badamm, you've been hosed.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 06:39:12 am »

Am I forgetting something, or is that the angriest Ray has ever been?


Is Phillipe the only character who doesn't hate Jesus?
Logged
ACHIEVE

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 06:42:32 am »

Quote from: "*****_god"
Is Phillipe the only character who doesn't hate Jesus?


I don't think that hating Jehovah's Witnesses means hating Jesus.  In fact, I think a lot of people who hate JWs probably love Jesus very much.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 06:45:16 am »

This feels like about half a strip. Am I spoiled?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 06:55:00 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I think the shove is "The Hose."  He's all let me get the hose and then all unexpected like, badamm, you've been hosed.

~Paul


I agree. Also, Beef will defend Milikin and his mild support will win Milikin's unwanted friendship (a la Barry Bass).
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 07:29:49 am »

Yeah, it's tough being a magnet for losers.  I guess I'm pretty much a saint.  A saint for irritating people who voice their logically-inconsistent opinions loudly.


And I don't think Ray hates Jesus.  Jesus didn't go around door-to-door telling people they were going to rot in hell unless they did exactly as he said.

Or maybe he did.  I'm really not up on current events.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 09:32:55 am »

For some reason this one makes me laugh... a lot.

HOSE!

The more I think of this word, the stranger it looks.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 09:42:40 am »

That works with every word, ever, including zymurgy.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 10:31:40 am »

Today I will shove someone and shout out "THE HOSE".

Maybe for emphasis I will wear pantyhose on my head while doing it.. maybe since I'm halfway there I'll just hijack a bus and ride it on down to Cuba (Libres for all!  And hot libras for all too!  I prefer Scorpio!  WOOO)

And for the record, beef can do better somersaults.  This has been proven.  With science it has been proven.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Let me get the hose -- 11 October 2005
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 02:08:40 pm »

Damn.  I used to hate Milklin (you may recall that I called for his gruesome demise by steep mountain hill/oncoming bus), but now that Onstad has invested so much pathos in him ... I can't help but feel for the guy.

I guess Ray's promise to "never be a dick to a stranger" doesn't apply to Jehovah's Witnesses.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up