Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: what the Rapture might look like in Dallas  (Read 4920 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« on: October 16, 2005, 03:39:27 am »

I especially like the airplane crashing into the building and all the souls on it ascending to see Scary Jesus in the sky.  

See for yourself.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 03:51:29 am »

Favorite detail: the big rig being plowed into, in which the driver is quite notably not ascending with the Rapture. I bet he's pretty freaked.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 05:08:21 am »

How about the man being crushed between two cars in the center foreground?


Hey, fella, guess what!  God doesn't love you!  Now watch out for that car!


EDIT:  And gay marriage scares these people?  Isn't that sort of like, I don't know,  carnivorous zombie elephants with serrated tusks being afraid of Fatburger?



I am convinced that one day Fatburger will play an instrumental role in the foiling of an evil plot to destroy the earth.

Maybe it will stop that gigantic creepy Jesus.  It will destroy him with scuzzy hamburgers and friendly-yet-incompetent staff.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 11:31:21 am »

I like how the only souls being saved are ones who were a) already dead, b) on the road, or c) in the airplane. Apparently, the thousands of people at work in the buildings are all collectively fucked.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 04:47:21 pm »

It's a Sunday.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 05:47:32 pm »

That's Dallas?  Don't look like Dallas to me.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 09:40:37 pm »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
I am convinced that one day Fatburger will play an instrumental role in the foiling of an evil plot to destroy the earth.

Maybe it will stop that gigantic creepy Jesus.  It will destroy him with scuzzy hamburgers and friendly-yet-incompetent staff.


You shut your filthy fuck*ng mouth. You shut your mouth, and you never open it again.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 11:37:11 pm »

That reminds me of a mural that was in this movie, which all of you should go see right now, given that it is totally fuck*ng rad.
Logged
goose means greedy

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 12:26:59 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
I am convinced that one day Fatburger will play an instrumental role in the foiling of an evil plot to destroy the earth.

Maybe it will stop that gigantic creepy Jesus.  It will destroy him with scuzzy hamburgers and friendly-yet-incompetent staff.


You shut your filthy fuck*ng mouth. You shut your mouth, and you never open it again.


Fatburger employ you much?
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 12:39:01 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
That reminds me of a mural that was in this movie, which all of you should go see right now, given that it is totally fuck*ng rad.

What a beautiful place the south is.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 01:43:13 am »

For a movie about "essential truth about the American South," there sure weren't too many black people in that trailer.  I'm just saying.


That does remind me why I consider East Texas more a protectorate or security zone than an actual part of Texas.  East of I-45, it's pretty much that inbred.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 03:24:01 am »

I have a new desktop wallpaper.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 03:34:47 am »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
That does remind me why I consider East Texas more a protectorate or security zone than an actual part of Texas.


Don't mess with Texas.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 04:52:54 pm »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
For a movie about "essential truth about the American South," there sure weren't too many black people in that trailer.  I'm just saying.


Well, I'm certainly not one to judge the accuracy of a film about the South, since the farthest South I've ever been is Boston, but it had some nice music in it.  The movie, I mean, though I'm sure the same is true of Boston.
Logged
goose means greedy

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
what the Rapture might look like in Dallas
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 05:02:02 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
That does remind me why I consider East Texas more a protectorate or security zone than an actual part of Texas.


Don't mess with Texas.


I try not to, at least not without wearing a jimmy hat; I'm pretty sure Tejas carries some foul payloads.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up