Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Games People Play  (Read 15304 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Games People Play
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2003, 11:01:52 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It didn't come with any blank ones but I can think of some fun new rules. Off the top of my head I'd make a Blind Keepers new rule, where everybody has their keepers face-down so nobody else knows what they are.


No blanks? NO BLANKS?? What a rip! Jeez those people got all sorts of twisted in their limited success!

Also: Is there no more "Government Cover-Up" card? That basically said all Keepers must be hidden (face-down) as long as the rule was in effect.

Not there any more? Damn. I think I'll stick to whatever version I've got, thanks.


Apparently there's some new fun stuff in there like the ever-popular X=X+1 (although I'd have called it X++).

http://wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2002/WN.11.14.02.html
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Games People Play
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2003, 11:33:07 pm »

I've been playing the hell out of this dumb little Flash thing.  Death to green.  DEATH.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Games People Play
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2003, 11:46:02 pm »

I've found via another site the end-all, be-all of web game sites.

they're all right there. holy nice pete. (good one, jl!)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Games People Play
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2003, 02:41:41 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I've found via another site the end-all, be-all of web game sites.

they're all right there. holy nice pete. (good one, jl!)

It looks like they mainly just took the GameHouse and Popcap games and put them all together in one site. Although I'd be able to tell better if my crappy job didn't use WebSense.
Logged

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Games People Play
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2003, 08:16:43 pm »

Back to the poster's original question re: card games.

Someone mentioned Settlers of Catan - while that isn't a card game proper, I think it is one of the most wonderful games I've seen.  But it really needs four players.

For two players, I don't think anything beats a standard deck of 52 cards.  Get on the 'net or buy a book of card game rules, and find a new favorite!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Games People Play
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2003, 04:38:02 pm »

So I finally ordered some Cheapass games and I'm quite pleased. Hell, just the descriptions and directions on some of these are worth the price.

My favorite part so far is in the directions for Steam Tunnel there's a Variations section that reads "It took us a while to get this game to the point that we really loved it. Along the way we discarded several inferior versions which we will now describe as 'variants' to simulate added value. Enjoy!"

That rocks.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up