Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pravda Declares End of World Nigh  (Read 9369 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2005, 12:59:04 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "miles"
The Very Virile Viking was fantastic...and not for the alliteration in the title.

I think I'm more a fan of "Truly Madly Viking," because it doesn't even make any sense. Holy wow.


No sense at all.

None.

Did I really link to that last one? *shudder*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2005, 01:03:05 pm »

Quote from: "Very Virile Viking page"
He takes a vow of celibacy...
Even though he is a very virile man.

Uh-oh!
Let the Viking laughter begin!


Errr... zany antics ensue?

Also!  I think it is totally awesome how we got from "end of the world nigh" to this.  I would consider it basically a full circle.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2005, 01:13:22 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "miles"
The Very Virile Viking was fantastic...and not for the alliteration in the title.

I think I'm more a fan of "Truly Madly Viking," because it doesn't even make any sense. Holy wow.


No sense at all.

None.

Did I really link to that last one? *shudder*

Well, yes, I was aware of the allusion, but the mere presence of an allusion doesn't exactly make it make sense. I mean, I could write a romance novel called O Viking, My Viking, but that doesn't mean...

Wait, that kind of does make sense. It could be about Walt Whitman encountering a (virile) Viking, via time travel! Holy crap!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2005, 01:36:13 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Frightening inciting things



O viking, my viking
Your fearful strip is done
Your horns have weathr'd every rack
The prize I sought is won
From port to rear, the bells I hear, your gripping shaft extended
While follow lips the steady knell, the vessel thick and hairy
But O hard! Hard! HARD!
O the fleeting dribbles led
Where on the dick my Viking lies
Fallen soft to bed




Jeezus.. you people made me do this.. YOU MADE ME!

Also the only reason I know that poem by heart so quickly is because I had to sing it in choir as a kid.  So I cheated a bit WITH HISTORY!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 03:22:37 pm »

I think I might have a new Internet crush.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2005, 03:32:42 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I think I might have a new Internet crush.


*titters like a schoolgirl*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2005, 03:50:41 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Frightening inciting things



O viking, my viking
Your fearful strip is done
Your horns have weathr'd every rack
The prize I sought is won
From port to rear, the bells I hear, your gripping shaft extended
While follow lips the steady knell, the vessel thick and hairy
But O hard! Hard! HARD!
O the fleeting dribbles led
Where on the dick my Viking lies
Fallen soft to bed


All that now remains is for Garrison Keillor to read this aloud on Writers Almanac.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2005, 04:58:02 pm »

It could be the lyrics to an unreleased Zeppelin track circa 1975.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2005, 05:36:52 pm »

Can someone please, PLEASE email Sandra Hall and present her with the poem? Misterqueue, I think you should do the honors.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Pravda Declares End of World Nigh
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2005, 05:42:17 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Can someone please, PLEASE email Sandra Hall and present her with the poem? Misterqueue, I think you should do the honors.


Though I'm frightened at some sort of association with this thing, I suppose a good idea is always a good idea.

May $deity have mercy on this one man's soul.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up