Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Poll

Would you watch it?

Yes
- 5 (27.8%)
No
- 11 (61.1%)
Only to take notes for my upcoming procedure
- 2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 18, 2005, 10:53:00 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Really Entertaining TV  (Read 22973 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 02:09:34 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
This reminds me of a friend who decided there would be no 2nd date because the guy used "cromulent" in a sentence. She didn't know what it meant but learned the origin the next day while discussing the date with another friend. Personally this choice makes me doubt keeping her as a friend. It's a perfectly cromulent word.


You're damn right - cromulent is the very definition of cromulency, and I fully support its future wordification by the people who do those kinds of things.

It's certainly not a reason to break a date.

And - I continue to be astounded, shocked, and deeply disappointed at what qualifies for TV.  Apparently, if a celebrity is doing something, it's immediately TV-worthy, even if that celebrity is the no-talent brother of a minimal-talent actor who's married to a girl that hasn't had cultural relevancy for 5 years.  I'm just gonna go watch MythBusters and Good Eats until somebody finds out where all the TV writers have gone.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 02:28:01 pm »

No, she was right to never want to see the dude who just COULD NOT KEEP HIS fuck*ng MOUTH SHUT ABOUT A SIMPSON'S REFERENCE because let's face it, if he couldn't hold back the geekery on the FIRST date, she was in for a two hour "Knights Who Say Ni"-a-thon when she met his best friend in a few weeks.

HONEY, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING

GET OUT NOW BEFORE THE DR. WHO REFERENCES START

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 02:40:44 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"

IS THERE A fuck*ng DAMNED THING THAT IS ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IMPORTANT IN THAT DAMN LIST?!?!?!


the magazine is "People"?  I CALL BULLSHIT! Name it "Celebrity", but stop calling it people alrady!  i know, call it "fuck*ng People" or something.


Not to start sucking dicks just yet, but I love this comment... I love it so much
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 03:15:10 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
No, she was right to never want to see the dude who just COULD NOT KEEP HIS fuck*ng MOUTH SHUT ABOUT A SIMPSON'S REFERENCE because let's face it, if he couldn't hold back the geekery on the FIRST date, she was in for a two hour "Knights Who Say Ni"-a-thon when she met his best friend in a few weeks.

HONEY, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING

GET OUT NOW BEFORE THE DR. WHO REFERENCES START

See, at this point I don't even use "cromulent" as a Simpsons reference. It's just a good, cromulent word. Like "grok."

(Is my holistic gestalt grokkable?)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 04:06:45 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
No, she was right to never want to see the dude who just COULD NOT KEEP HIS fuck*ng MOUTH SHUT ABOUT A SIMPSON'S REFERENCE because let's face it, if he couldn't hold back the geekery on the FIRST date, she was in for a two hour "Knights Who Say Ni"-a-thon when she met his best friend in a few weeks.

HONEY, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING

GET OUT NOW BEFORE THE DR. WHO REFERENCES START

Actually I think the guy got off easy. It was only a matter of time before he found out that she is a vegetarian who doesn't own a TV, only reads non-fiction, and used to work for a senator. The girl doesn't know Alton Brown from a hole in the ground.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 05:01:55 pm »

This girl I live with owns three seasons of Friends, two on VHS, one on DVD, also the official Friends trivia game.  You guys are making me feel like less of a bad person for wishing I had known this earlier.  I had held out on not watching these infernal Friends for a very long time, only to find myself having to watch it in a cultural studies class.  Sadly, this is true of many things, but mostly I think I am fairly oblivious to celebrities and the wacky things they do.
Logged
goose means greedy

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 06:04:27 pm »

I think Will Ferrel is pretty damn funny.  Especially Anchorman.
Logged

Imperator Severn

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armeniancaper.com
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 06:09:49 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"

i'm also going to state that most people are Assholes..


You broke the code!


As for celebrity worship, I have only one thing to say.  If you get excited about Britney Spear's wedding plans, or David Arquette's sex change, or anything Michael Jackson does short of raise the dead and walk on water, do me a favor and kill yourself.
Logged
Mueran todos los reyes.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 07:11:58 pm »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"

As for celebrity worship, I have only one thing to say.  If you get excited about Britney Spear's wedding plans, or David Arquette's sex change, or anything Michael Jackson does short of raise the dead and walk on water, do me a favor and kill yourself.


God. YES. PLEASE. STOP fuck*ng ENCOURAGING THE CELEBRITIES!

I blame John Travolta for the Scientologists giving "free stress tests" in the middle of the fuck*ng 42nd street/Times Square subway stop, at rush hour. FUCKERS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 08:09:04 pm »

Personally I hate Will Farrell, Ferrell, Ferrel, Farrel... whatever the fuck it is.
Though not quite as much as I hate Jimmy Fallon. God what an asshole he is. "What gives you the right?"

And while I did watch Friends way back, I got incredibly sick of it after my ex watched it over and over. She was one of those who videotaped it every time it was on and watched them constantly.

Now I have less than no inclination to see it again.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 08:09:05 pm »

The SO's sister was visiting this weekend and had a copy of US from the plane trip. She kept talking about stuff in the magazine and I was very proud that I'd only even heard of one person she was talking about (what's-her-name from Alias. With the big forehead).
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 08:36:24 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
No, she was right to never want to see the dude who just COULD NOT KEEP HIS fuck*ng MOUTH SHUT ABOUT A SIMPSON'S REFERENCE because let's face it, if he couldn't hold back the geekery on the FIRST date, she was in for a two hour "Knights Who Say Ni"-a-thon when she met his best friend in a few weeks.

HONEY, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING

GET OUT NOW BEFORE THE DR. WHO REFERENCES START


Thank you Jough.  The Simpsons are great, and pop culture references are fine among fellow geeks.  And clearly, the writers of the Simpsons are (or maybe were) very clever.  But dropping a reference is not an example of cleverness, like so many think.  It's being a geek.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 12:01:19 am »

Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
You just made The List, buddy.

This must be your list of the most awesome people ever.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 12:56:30 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
You just made The List, buddy.

This must be your list of the most awesome people ever.

It's the mustache
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Really Entertaining TV
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2005, 04:29:53 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Imperator Severn"
You just made The List, buddy.

This must be your list of the most awesome people ever.

It's the mustache


I don't much care for Bashar al Assad, but I must admit the Imperator is growing on me.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up