Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)  (Read 4665 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« on: October 20, 2005, 01:48:36 pm »

Wow, this is the geekiest Achewood yet.   I mean, these jokes are obscure.

Did someone forget to pay the bill?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 02:33:40 pm »

This is BRILLIANT!

I mean, he even got the PHP error messages to sound kinda right:

Quote from: "Achewood.com"
Notice: Cannot parse CSV header row. in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/csv_class.php on line 158

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/csv_class.php:158) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/page_class.php on line 252

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/csv_class.php:158) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/vhosts/achewood/www/rsrc/php/page_class.php on line 339


Genius!

I totally want to get a signed copy of this strip.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 02:41:54 pm »

I disagree, it made me sad.  When will they be nice and actually PARSE csv_class.php?

Next thing you know he'll have Lyle punch csv_class.php in the stomach.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 03:03:03 pm »

You dudes have got no mercy, or aspire to mercilessness.

1000 posts.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 03:14:46 pm »

Looks like Beef needs to scamper across the top of Onstad's desk and cold HACK into this server (pizza delivery uniform required).
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

V-Adore

  • Guest
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 03:21:22 pm »

I dunno about you guys, but I find this a masterpiece of parody. How eloquently it skewers the "e-business" model: one banner ad, bright and clear as day, in a sea of poor coding and broken content! It's an elegant visual metaphor for the burst of the dot-com bubble.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 03:21:48 pm »

December 1969, presented by Roomba! The *****ic Floor Vac.

Beef: it is strange to live in a time before the UNIX epoch has started
Teodor: Wow, I'd sure like to ride on the new Boeing 747!
Beef: oh shit I must go here comes the draft board (vrooooooo)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 04:22:16 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
You dudes have got no mercy, or aspire to mercilessness.

1000 posts.

Nice.

I must say that ad is actually affecting me. Today I strongly considered getting a No Mercy shirt but I want neither a t-shirt nor another hoodie. Maybe if there was another long sleeve option.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 05:25:07 pm »

OK, this is a pretty funny thread, but it's time for Onstad to get out of bed and fix the damn comic.  Or else I will...I will...um.. I don't know what I'll do, I guess I'm still only aspiring to mercilessness.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 05:31:27 pm »

It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 05:38:13 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 06:38:58 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."


No way! The word would be "incredibly awesome!" Except it would be two words. Y'know?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 06:39:27 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."


Bozack's friend Gina imported a SQL database into her pu$$y and spit out a broken CSV table with a header that Onstad couldn't parse!!!! (because of the smell!!!!)

Edit: the term for this is minge munge
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 06:42:07 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Null"
It struck me as [something] that there's even all these posts on a broken web page.  

I don't know what the [something] is, though.


I do believe the world you're groping for is "incredibly depressing."


Bozack's friend Gina imported a SQL database into her pu$$y and spit out a broken CSV table with a header that Onstad couldn't parse!!!! (because of the smell!!!!)

Edit: the term for this is minge munge

Bobby, honey, the moment's over.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
October 20, 2005 - Error: Not a valid date (December 1969)
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 07:26:02 pm »

Seriously. It's time to leave Gina's pu$$y alone. Except for Gina and her selected pu$$y pals.

Also, todays post: Still better than Friday Updates with Philippe.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up