Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!  (Read 6246 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« on: October 24, 2005, 05:47:49 am »

So I guess they talked about this.

Obviously another one that is funnier for the setup than the ultimate gag, in my mind the only way this situation makes sense is that when Ray found out what LN was up to he named and programmed his next Aibo (as he obviously still recieves them regularly) to alert him in the most dramatic way possible. Or maybe he programmed it for falling down the well style dramatics and this is just the first chance it's had to fulfill something even approaching it's true function.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 05:49:32 am »

You were one minute faster than me, dammit.

Is it every young boy's dream to be an internet camwhore? I know it was mine.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 05:50:35 am »

When I was a young boy....never mind.

It's sad to submit pictures you took yourself, though - LN needs to have some dignity.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 06:16:23 am »

Filler. Next.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 06:56:29 am »

Little Nephew is good.

Where is the Survivor at this season?  Maybe I should check Beef's blog.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Kai

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 07:19:59 am »

When Onstad writes too long of a sentence I get a ...
at the end of the off-white alt text bar.  I can infer what might be being said, but it's frustrating, and happens frequently.

Am I just Mentally Retarded (anyone read Maakies?) or is there no way to make the whole text bar show up?

Or...propped up there in a den of his own filth, does the obscenely corpulent Chris Onstad cleverly write out an exact number of characters and then put three dots at the end just to spite me?  Whereupon, revelling in his own fleshy villainy, does he then heave to and fro in some sort of nauseating imitation of high mirth, his greasy jowls flapping as a gurgling sound an onlooker would have to interpret as laughter bubbles out from between his downturned, froglike lips?  Stubby appendages kicking and flapping as his pungent spittle rolls down the front of the sackcloth gown his wife sews him into every fall?  Cinched around what can hardly be described as a waist by a two-cow belt, the cracked, marrowless bones of which lie strewn about his workstation, to be gnawed at later by his child in a futile attempt to glean what nourishment might be left in their crevices?

Probably the latter.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 07:24:14 am »

Quote from: "Kai"
Am I just Mentally Retarded (anyone read Maakies?) or is there no way to make the whole text bar show up?


Right click, properties. Look at the thing that says "alternate text".

Don't worry, I made the mistake of being ridiculously verbose during my Scrambles The Dog period too. Then I realized I was turning into a froglike, spittling, marrowless dork-flapper and stopped doing it.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 08:51:03 am »

Mattgiraffe is a liar and a drunk. You look under "Title", as the alt-text slot is empty. People just call it "alt-text" to confuse you. Don't believe their lies.
Logged
What deviltry is this?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 12:23:59 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
froglike, spittling, marrowless dork-flapper and stopped doing it.

Thank you, Matt. Remember: Scrambles the Dog time is man-time, and you got to come real.

I like this strip, if only because it makes clear what I had suspected all along: that LN is just shoving a camera down his ##### to do his SuicideGirls "posing." Also: hell of action shots, and LN in his first non-subculture outfit in a long time. What's not to love?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 12:52:13 pm »

Hrm.. didn't much care for this one, but then I don't much care for LN most of the time.  (Except his fuck algebra lines, those are CLASSIC!)

Who knew that SG had a whole section for barbed animal c*ckes!

[NBC Banner]The More You Know![/NBC Banner]
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 01:25:35 pm »

Now I'm left to ponder if Lassie.com is a new Aibo or one of the originals that was never named in the strip.

Also, if it's for SuicideGirls shouldn't LN be in a bedroom surrounded by punk band posters and maybe some klingon weaponry?
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 01:58:37 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Also, if it's for SuicideGirls shouldn't LN be in a bedroom surrounded by punk band posters and maybe some klingon weaponry?


This probably has something to do with why LN's photoset has only garnered "1 vue" so far. Maybe we as a community are not ready for "joint-o-vision".
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 02:01:28 pm »

Yeah, or maybe the picture should be of him doing algebra while looking into a poster of himself with a gun to his head. The hair of the dog is what brings SG their bacon. Hate is a fag!
Logged
I am older now.

Slanger

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
October 24, 2005 - noooOOOOOO!
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 03:48:59 pm »

Yeah, I didn't really get this one until I read LN's blog.  So much clicking!  But the payoff was alright, I guess.
Hi, I'm new.  Hi!  Hi.
Logged
UT!

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: Hey so where's the rest of the alt text?
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 06:35:09 pm »

Quote from: "Kai"
When Onstad writes too long of a sentence I get a ...
at the end of the off-white alt text bar.  I can infer what might be being said, but it's frustrating, and happens frequently.

Am I just Mentally Retarded (anyone read Maakies?) or is there no way to make the whole text bar show up?

Or...propped up there in a den of his own filth, does the obscenely corpulent Chris Onstad cleverly write out an exact number of characters and then put three dots at the end just to spite me?  Whereupon, revelling in his own fleshy villainy, does he then heave to and fro in some sort of nauseating imitation of high mirth, his greasy jowls flapping as a gurgling sound an onlooker would have to interpret as laughter bubbles out from between his downturned, froglike lips?  Stubby appendages kicking and flapping as his pungent spittle rolls down the front of the sackcloth gown his wife sews him into every fall?  Cinched around what can hardly be described as a waist by a two-cow belt, the cracked, marrowless bones of which lie strewn about his workstation, to be gnawed at later by his child in a futile attempt to glean what nourishment might be left in their crevices?

Probably the latter.


Are you attempting to channel Tycho of Penny Arcade infamy?  Stop it
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up