Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prussian Blue  (Read 11876 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 01:23:23 pm »

every single morning, someone, somewhere, wakes up thinking the world would be such a much better place if only a signifigant and arbitrary portion of the world's population would die horibly.

the get out of bed, make some coffee, put on their #####, and go forth into their daily world looking to enact that goal.

one of britain's leading nazis, now recently converted to islam and a strong supporter of bin laden, is/was/will be/who knows a practicioner and promoter of satanism and the sacrificial murder of people who do not live up to the satanic ideal.

the thing about these girls that scares me the most, is that people see them and laugh.  laughter can be a very healthy reaction to things that scare the shit out of you, but i think that in recent american cultural history, the cleansingness of laughter has been subverted by some crazy misinterpretation of "irony" and hipness, such that people aren't laughing because they don't want to cry, but laughing because that is what they imagine their reaction is supposed to be.

there is nothing joyous nor amusing about these girls, their life, or their social subculture.  the entirety of their subculture is devoted to the ideal of a world wherein a signifigant percentage of the world's population is dead.

i don't think the human being is wired to directly understand the concept of evil.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 01:26:55 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Sadly, I will give them props for the "don't be afraid of menstrual blood" thing. Because if there's one thing I hate, it's uys who act like the topic of menstruation is some Secret Taboo that will make their brains explode if they are ever aware of it and which turns women into strange, incomprehensible monsters a quarter of the time. Shame they have that part down and are still focused on the hi-larious racialism, huh?

Hi, my name's Dave Foley, and, uh, something you might not know about me is that .. I have a good attitude towards menstruation. That's right, I'm the guy! The guy with a good attitude towards menstruation!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Prussian Blue
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 01:31:50 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
This is.... well a whole lot of stuff, so I'm just going to go with one relatively minor problem: They said 70% of women have some sort of urinary tract infection and that such infections are only caused by circumcised sex. Does that mean the Jews are stealing all our women behind our backs?

Where do you suppose they get their statistics anyway? Do they just make them up on the fly (and so would have to admit at least to themselves that if not wrong they are not being 'accurate') or is there some American Bureau of Racialist Statistics out there somewhere?


I know only one woman who got a UTI from having sex. She was a bit loose and had sex with at least fifty people, I might add. The person she got the UTI from was uncircumcised and proud. This goes at odds with the article.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Prussian Blue
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2005, 02:05:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Hi, my name's Dave Foley, and, uh, something you might not know about me is that .. I have a good attitude towards menstruation. That's right, I'm the guy! The guy with a good attitude towards menstruation!


I had totally forgotten about that! Superb.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2005, 02:30:07 pm »

Just to clarify I know the UTI statistic is totally ***** #####, I was just wondering if they'd thought out the implications of their made up statistics, surely someone else would have pointed this out before now? Unless it's being covered up by The Jewish Conspiracy!

Quote from: "arkabee"
one of britain's leading nazis, now recently converted to islam and a strong supporter of bin laden, is/was/will be/who knows a practicioner and promoter of satanism and the sacrificial murder of people who do not live up to the satanic ideal.

This sort of thing just strikes me as so incredibly like pre-pubescent (and depressingly older) kid with their first fragile view of politics railing against their parents, I'm sure we've all met them: the kind of person who tries so hard to be shocking but no one takes them seriously so they say stuff like "Well uh... I think Bin Laden was right! Also Hail Satan!"

Vaguely unfunny story: Chick I know at uni has a bright pink shirt with a plane going into the wto stencil on it which she thinks it's funny (though in her defense when she wears it she generally buttons a jacket over it, she's not that much of an asshole) but it's a bit too dark on the dark humour scale for me. Crazy thing was she didn't see any humour in the 'Rape is never funny.... Except when you're raping a clown.' shirt I showed her.
Perspective is funny like that.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Prussian Blue
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2005, 02:44:45 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"


Vaguely unfunny story: Chick I know at uni has a bright pink shirt with a plane going into the wto stencil on it which she thinks it's funny (though in her defense when she wears it she generally buttons a jacket over it, she's not that much of an asshole) but it's a bit too dark on the dark humour scale for me. Crazy thing was she didn't see any humour in the 'Rape is never funny.... Except when you're raping a clown.' shirt I showed her.
Perspective is funny like that.


There is nothing so sacred that you can't make fun of it I say.

Hell.. I find awful things happening to chidlren to be theoretically hysterical.  It's not that I wish anything really bad on REAL ACTUAL CHILDREN; it's just that the idea of absolutely horrifying things happening to such innocent natures tickles me pink.

If people can't see things as a joke regardless of the content I suppose that's their issue in my book.

Joking about hating a subset of people or joking about rape or joking about all these horrible things.. well it's just a way of laughing at how fuck*ng retarded people can be to each other, but if you actually wanted me to go out and start making Baby Sandwiches I would put my foot down.  NO! I would say.. I do NOT support that!

And then we'd all hug and feel like we really got somewhere in our therapy session for the day.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Prussian Blue
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2005, 03:37:05 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
This is.... well a whole lot of stuff, so I'm just going to go with one relatively minor problem: They said 70% of women have some sort of urinary tract infection and that such infections are only caused by circumcised sex. Does that mean the Jews are stealing all our women behind our backs?


I have very few Jewish friends, but a lot of my friends are circumcised.  It comes up in conversation every once in a while, you know.  So even if the statistic were true, nothing of the sort could be concluded.

I imagine that their response would be that Jews are responsible for the prevalence of circumcised dicks out there.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Prussian Blue
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2005, 03:39:52 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Doc"
This is.... well a whole lot of stuff, so I'm just going to go with one relatively minor problem: They said 70% of women have some sort of urinary tract infection and that such infections are only caused by circumcised sex. Does that mean the Jews are stealing all our women behind our backs?


I have very few Jewish friends, but a lot of my friends are circumcised.  It comes up in conversation every once in a while, you know.  So even if the statistic were true, nothing of the sort could be concluded.

I imagine that their response would be that Jews are responsible for the prevalence of circumcised dicks out there.

It's a signal that Jews are covertly signing otherwise God-fearing men over to their sinister religion, featuring a God who is not even remotely similar to the Christian God despite anything anyone else would tell you. (The Jewish "God" is female, see, and she's a sucking void, and... oh, shit, I think I just cross-pollinated my whackjobs.)
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2005, 03:45:38 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"

Quote from: "arkabee"
one of britain's leading nazis, now recently converted to islam and a strong supporter of bin laden, is/was/will be/who knows a practicioner and promoter of satanism and the sacrificial murder of people who do not live up to the satanic ideal.

This sort of thing just strikes me as so incredibly like pre-pubescent (and depressingly older) kid with their first fragile view of politics railing against their parents, I'm sure we've all met them: the kind of person who tries so hard to be shocking but no one takes them seriously so they say stuff like "Well uh... I think Bin Laden was right! Also Hail Satan!"


one man's adolescence is another man's somehting.

the man is, if i recall, in his 50s.

also, as far as i have read the type of satanism he supports/supported did not parallel itself to SNL sketches, but drew upon or enacted the drawing of the idea of evil as something that needed to be actively enacted upon the world at large as much as possible.  in that, while other "satanists" might think that sacraficing goats for the glory of "satan", he espoused that it's highly beneficial to the person doing the sacrafice to actually do the sacrafice, regardless of any other "occult" consequences.

in other words, kill people who deserve to be killed because it makes you better.

the particular article that first made me aware of this person was asking a semi-rhetorical "so, maybe the disparities of neo-nazi racism, human sacraficing satanists, and suicide bombing islamist extremists only exist in their day to day lives whereas the end results of their lives are all oddly parallel?" or some such.

these two girls are incredibly disturbing, their entire concept is disturbing.

i've found that laughing at the absurd so that i can sleep at night is good at getting me to sleep at nihgt, but that those being laughed at have a tendency to shurg it off and go on because they are used to being laughed at.

of course, other than laughing at it, what do you do about 2 olsen twin knock-offs that sing folk songs about the superiority of their race, one of them in braces?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2005, 03:58:51 pm »

Great posts in this thread ark.

Quote from: "arkabee"

i've found that laughing at the absurd so that i can sleep at night is good at getting me to sleep at nihgt, but that those being laughed at have a tendency to shurg it off and go on because they are used to being laughed at.

of course, other than laughing at it, what do you do about 2 olsen twin knock-offs that sing folk songs about the superiority of their race, one of them in braces?


Good question.  One of my most deeply held core beliefs is freedom of expression.  These idiots ought to be allowed to express their views, no matter how vile or stupid.  I believe in the marketplace of ideas.  Eventually, smart ideas prevail over dumb ones.  It may take a while, but eventually good ideas win out.  Pessimist though I am, I have to recognize progress -- people no longer think the world is flat and subscribe to the germ theory of disease.

That being said, laughter is a valuable currency in the marketplace of ideas.  By laughing at something, in this case, you are expressing contempt for it.  You are indicating what you believe that idea has a little or no value in the marketplace.

Yes, it makes you feel better.  No, it may not change their minds a single iota.  But what about other people?  What about your friends, acquantences, co-workers who hear you express contempt by laughing at this worthless idea?  Could it be influencing some of them?  

Laughing at bad ideas helps to discredit and devalue them.  Is it the only thing we can do to fight against this trash?  Probably not.  But it is a valid and useful way of expressing our contempt.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2005, 06:54:31 pm »

Just want to weigh in on the "Jewess" issue: I like the word Jewess, although as a Jew I am not sure whether I should or not. I also like Jewesses, about which I am somewhat more confident.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Prussian Blue
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2005, 08:10:55 pm »

Quote from: "a couple of people"
support for the word "Jewess"

Well, that's cool, then. I guess I think of it as borderline unacceptable because I've only heard it said by racists and, like, the children's version of Ivanhoe I read as a small child, so I've never heard it said by a modern person who didn't believe in some sort of Zionist conspiracy. If it's acceptable in sensible contexts, that's good.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2005, 08:14:53 pm »

i'm replying to this one from the rosa parks thread in this thread.

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

You had me at hello. I think the best comment on this matter was elucidated in the Prussian Blue thread, regarding the "marketplace of ideas." I believe in anyone -- even a bigot's -- right to say whatever he or she wants. I think the only way to successfuly quell an idea is reductio ad absurdum. Every other attempt to stifle a belief or meme will merely result in it getting a case of martyrdom. To destroy an idea you must give it its fifteen minutes of fame and watch it wither from overexposure. This is where I feel irony should be directed, not to cartoon-embossed t-shirts on yowling hipsters with black plastic framed glasses dancing to cheap synth music and drinking cheaper beer.

Humor is a weapon. When you say I'm funny nine times out of ten, that's because i'm trying to KILL YOU. A 90% hit rate ain't bad.


i think it needs to be mentioned that i'm a horrible subgenius, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke cuts both ways.  my sense of humor is periodic like haley's comet.  of course, i read achewood and think it is funny.

i'm not advocating the revocation of anyone's free speech or free thought, to the contrary i want those i have irreconcilable differences with to speak up and be identified, so i'll know when to run.

i'm not referring to "i like cool ranch doritoes" vs "i like original" type differences.  you can carry on about flavor versus crunch until you are blue in the face provided i can ignore the fuck out of you at my earliest convenience.  and given that i have been known to go on at _signifigant_ length about the virtues of, i dunno, cool ranch doritoes i know and embrace that that knife (the knife of ignoring the fuck out of) cuts both ways.

no, what i'm referring to are differences of opinion to the cut of: "i think you should die" versus "i'm quite content to keep breathing".  or sometimes it's not even me in the argument, at which maybe it's more accurately "i think you should die" versus "no, i know you should die".

there's a right to believe whatever you want to, know matter how wrong it is.  and there's a right to act on it that stops at about the point that my rights to act on what i think is right starts.

or something.  free speech, yes, good.

so, here we have 2 young girls that sing white supremacist folk songs.  yippee-kay-yay and pip pip cheerio.

so, it's not funny, but it can be laughed at because:

1- it should be mocked, so as to counter it's argument

2- otherwise i might cry

3- it's absurd, and my alternative is to pop a blood vessel.

but in the case of the prussian blue girls hypothetically dancing on the grave of rosa parks, what you were making light of wasn't them doing so but the concept of them doing so because it would show just how absurd they truly are?

but to me it's not a funny thought, it's scary as shit because the act of them doing such a thing would probably inspire a level of violence that while they may not personally advocate because there is a good chance that, as folk singers, they do not personally understand, those that handle them or those that handle those that handle them DO advocate and wish upon the world.

of course, they might just get arrested for desocration of grave yard property and the world might have a good chuckle at the white supremecist folk singers going off to jail.

i dunno.

and i agree with you and AW, mockery is a great tool.  at least i intellectually agree with you, in practice it's a periodic hit or miss as to whether my sense of humor is in the state or not.

when my "haha" is on vacation, though, i fear that laughing it off is in fact dismissing it as not worth worrying about, and when you don't worry about shit because you don't think it's worth worrying about is about the time it turns out that was something you really should have worried about and it bites you in the ass really hard.

shit, i need to lighten up.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2005, 09:02:12 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"


....but to me it's not a funny thought, it's scary as shit because the act of them doing such a thing would probably inspire a level of violence that while they may not personally advocate because there is a good chance that, as folk singers, they do not personally understand, those that handle them or those that handle those that handle them DO advocate and wish upon the world.....



....shit, i need to lighten up.


Conceivably you could take ANY joke about hypothetical action based on real current events (tasteless or not) and imagine a plausible scenario where bad things happen and people die. The problem here may not be the joke...it may be you.

I'm not saying that there is someting wrong with you and of course I use the word 'problem' spuriously but I think imagining the concept has a different effect on you than it has on me, or Bobby. It's not wrong but it does make dark humor hit you a different way.

Do you find that dark humor usually isn't funny to you?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Prussian Blue
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2005, 09:32:35 pm »

"Jewess" is used in Gravity's Rainbow, but so is Negro, so that's a toss-up.

The comic (or graphic novel, whateverthefuck) Watchmen begins with a crime scene- a former "costumed crimefighter" has been murdered. His name is Eddie Blake, and he was known as "the Comedian." In the book, you see him rape a woman, shoot a woman pregnant with his child and talk about how happy he is when people riot, so he can beat them. Obviously, he is not a very funny character; in fact, he never makes a joke.
You don't find out until the very end why he decided to call himself the Comedian. He realized that the world we live in is so horribly fucked up that he can only consider it a joke. He then realizes that he can basically do whatever he wants, as long as people think it's for a good reason.

I don't agree with the second conclusion. But I seriously cannot comprehend the things that happen in our world, every day. Consider this- a fair amount of the clothes I wear were produced at the expense of another person. I am able to afford cheap underwear because of the pain of some factory worker in a third-world country. The oil I use up keeping my lights on, taking the subway, posting on the internet- this is all oil over which blood has been shed, either recently or years ago. The microchips in many electronics are produced using acids, which are often then just dumped somewhere. That land will never be fertile again, at least not for a while. Again, someone elses pain. The plastics I use deplete our petroleum reserves. The books I supposedly gain wisdom from often deplete forests. The birth-control pill my girlfriend is on is probably derived from tests done on inner-city blacks and hispanics, during which a control group was given a placebo. A birth control placebo. I am responsible for the pain and possible deaths of many people. Like the X song goes, "I'm guilty of murder, of innocent women, innocent children, thousands of 'em!"
I'd like to think that, if I ever become a journalist, I can maybe shed some light on things, help some people. But odds are I'll just be sweeping the deck of the Titanic.
In Watchmen, Blake mocks another superhero for attempting to start up a new league- he tells them that there's no point, that in 30 years, the superhero, who is known as The Smartest Man in the World, will be the Smartest Man on the Cinder. My brother once told me, with complete honesty, that he expects human life as we know it to end in the next 100 years.
What can you do but laugh?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up