Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Aging Hipster Discussions  (Read 8870 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Aging Hipster Discussions
« on: October 28, 2005, 01:25:26 pm »

I'm not OLD per se.. just 27, but in hipster years this is approaching the dreaded 3 decade mark...

and now they've stolen my Pinback.  fuck*ng O.C. making all the teenage girlies show up at shows.

They're my Pinback.. not yours.. they've been mine for years you bastards.

Whoever scheduled their soundtrack should be raped with a barbed c*ck.  That fuck*ng guy.

And what's with the Postal Service being on commercials?

And what about Interpol?

And where the hell are my teeth and my leather jacket has a new hole and wah wah wah...  sorry.. just venting here folks.  Maybe I should take it to livejournal where whiny little punks like me belong.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 01:38:27 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
I'm not OLD per se.. just 27, but in hipster years this is approaching the dreaded 3 decade mark...

and now they've stolen my Pinback.  fuck*ng O.C. making all the teenage girlies show up at shows.

They're my Pinback.. not yours.. they've been mine for years you bastards.

Whoever scheduled their soundtrack should be raped with a barbed c*ck.  That fuck*ng guy.

And what's with the Postal Service being on commercials?

And what about Interpol?

And where the hell are my teeth and my leather jacket has a new hole and wah wah wah...  sorry.. just venting here folks.  Maybe I should take it to livejournal where whiny little punks like me belong.


Okay, I'm going to be 26 within a paycheck and I have NO IDEA what the hell anything you've just said means. Therefore I conclude you are a scrawny guy wearing an ironic t-shirt emblazoned with a cheesy 80's pop icon, spiked hair and thick black plastic framed glasses. And you and your hipster friends drink the cheapest possible beer for $2/can and listen to poor reproductions of 80's music, except tinged with all the simplicity of Kraftwerk and redubbed Electroclash.

Sending in the air strikes now
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:55:57 pm »

Wrong on all accounts Donnie Dodecahedron.  Girl, please allow me to break it down for you:

6'1" 240lbs = Not scrawny
Wearing Contacts = No black plastic BC Rims
I'm wearing a "What We Need More of is Science" hoody, and under that just a black button up shirt, there is no logo or image on it.
I drink Grey Goose and when it occurs to me to do so sometimes Knob Creek too.
Right now I'm listening to Pinback.

Anyway my point was that my absolute vitriol over starry-eyed teenage girls taking on one of my favorite bands seemed a little hipsterish but something I couldn't shake.

And now I end this reply as it sounds like I'm describing myself for some weird-ass emo sexchat thing.

"Ooh baby do you like to 'max right when Death Cab breaks into like a 4-chord tremelo?  Me too!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 01:59:18 pm »

Are Pinback chained up in your cellar?  If no, then you probably do not own them, and I would recommend you get over it.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 01:59:55 pm »

At least you're not a yowling white guy with frosted hair in a four-man band with two guitars and no bass. Vitriol is directed there as well.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 02:01:41 pm »

Ahh... thank you.. exactly what I needed... mmm.. delicious abuse.

I feel better now.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 03:07:57 pm »

Rule #1:  If you did not know about a bit within three months of their first release, you can never like the band.

Quote from: "misterqueue"
And what's with the Postal Service being on commercials?

And what about Interpol?


Did the Postal Service or Interpol ever really enjoy any kind of non-commercial jaded hipster cred?

By the way, Interpol is currently sucking my ass.  Because that's what they do.  Suck ass.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 03:12:36 pm »

Shut up you fuck*ng punks.

I'm going to 40 in about 2 weeks.

GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 03:18:06 pm »

Exactly. I've had it up to here with you kids and your tight trousers and your multicolored suspenders and your Roller Derby and your "podcasting" and your "alternaporn" -- fat ugly men and women doing tame stripteases in bad lighting and somehow it's cool because you are drenching yourself in Pabst Blue Ribbon or Pall Mall cigarettes or something. Fuck you, PBR. Fuck you. It's crap and people who like it are crap dudes.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 03:27:06 pm »

Quote from: "miles"


By the way, Interpol is currently sucking my ass.  Because that's what they do.  Suck ass.


Oh agreed, that addendum was more ironic mockery...

damn the Internet, and it's lack of detecting nuance!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 03:53:40 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
And what's with the Postal Service being on commercials?

Uh, the Postal Service lost a lawsuit filed by The Postal Service™ so Postal Service (the band) has to play for various Postal Service (the mail-delivery system) events and their songs get used in a bunch of commercials for free.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 04:44:53 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "misterqueue"
And what's with the Postal Service being on commercials?

Uh, the Postal Service lost a lawsuit filed by The Postal Service™ so Postal Service (the band) has to play for various Postal Service (the mail-delivery system) events and their songs get used in a bunch of commercials for free.


Yes yes, when I first read about that I thought of making a new band called "Pizza Hut" or "Applebee's", just so I could survive off of the free lawsuit publicity alone and end up snorting lines off of hot groupie ass without having to write any actual music.

That sounded like a lot of work though, so I just had a sandwich.



It was pretty good.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 06:36:44 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Exactly. I've had it up to here with you kids and your tight trousers and your multicolored suspenders and your Roller Derby and your "podcasting" and your "alternaporn" -- fat ugly men and women doing tame stripteases in bad lighting and somehow it's cool because you are drenching yourself in Pabst Blue Ribbon or Pall Mall cigarettes or something. Fuck you, PBR. Fuck you. It's crap and people who like it are crap dudes.


ok, i've never found another person EVER who agrees with me, but i swear to god pall malls taste like marshmellows.  vaguely.  sort of.

it's been a while.  it was a phase.  i miss export a's, though.

anyways.

if a person is not free to bitch about how their favorite band fits into their own personal world-view, then what then? huh? what then!?  next you know we'll all have to eat puppies.  IT WILL BE THE LAW!  also, why does pinback remind me of geggy tah?  does anyone remember geggy tah?  do i even remember that band?  is that even the correct name?  if only i could be bothered to go back in time and use alta-vista to find out.  anyways, remember that song "all i want to do, is thank you" about thanking the person who let him merge into a different lane in traffic?  that's an awesome song, because it's all about positive reinforcement of the acceptance of the social contract.  i'm big on following traffic laws, because i feel it's all about the social contract.  when you don't use your turn signal, it's pretty much YOU telling ME that you will pretty much gladly feast on my body canabalistically at the drop of the hat because you do not appreciate the social contract.

the best thing about being 30 is finally not being in my 20s.  because, really,

well, i had to go do actual stuff and lost my train of thought.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 07:40:01 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Blasphemy


Geggy Tah?  What. the. fuck?

Dude, not only did I NOT want to remember that song but blasphemy... I mean damn...

I'm gonna slink to my room and write bad poetry about slings and arrows and eyeliner.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Aging Hipster Discussions
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 07:41:10 pm »

See? Hipsters, whatever their cultivar, are merely a bunch of crap dudes who should be shot into the heart of the sun.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up