Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad  (Read 5045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jmcc

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« on: November 08, 2005, 12:47:28 pm »

A new topic for a new comic for a new user. Hello.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 01:31:48 pm »

Hello and welcome!
Thanks for opening the thread. But you know, we usually start things up with the strip's permalink, like this one:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11082005
And then we wait for someone with a sharper mind to explain the joke to us. Nozzle? Tank? Yale?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Decay

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
  • I am reading your mind with my SCIENCE COMPUTER
    • View Profile
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 01:49:30 pm »

And so I delurk...

The tank contains concentrated edumacation, which the cat is about to receive rectally.

Ray's dialogue in the weird hallucination/dream sequence/the odd things going on in his head is gold.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 02:05:36 pm »

Yeah, the implication that Ray is about to take his Higher Education up the butt is sort of precious, in a weird way. Beef protesting in the dream sequence makes it just that much better.

Also, I think I've had this conversation with people, as Teodor: asking a simple question with slight jargon and getting "whoaaa, don't blind me with your SCIENCE!" in response. Grrr, bah. It's your own fault for saying something as dumb as steak and spaghetti being anywhere near each other on the Phylogenetic Tree of Dinner Options.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 02:16:57 pm »

Last two panels... is so good.

For approx. 10 seconds I thought about going and getting one of the panels tattooed on my chest and the other on my ass, which would allow me to walk around as a sort of storyboard naked so that I could educate the populace.  Then I realized this isn't a valid career path.

Also, I think Onstad is clearly practicing his "show a cat's bulgy-bits" moves lately.  Yesterday it was the t'weren't and today we get the low hanging fruit basket as he pulls on that tank.

In conclusion, more Lyle.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 02:25:48 pm »

dinner doesn't grow on trees. Anyhow, the idea that Teodor is rectally pumping Ray full of knowledge, and the fact that the best way Ray can convey this to his friend is by saying "metal tank that says Yale," that's really delightful. And then there's the image of Ray jogging.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 03:13:29 pm »

Man, Ray just assumes that more expensive=better with everything, including rectal education.*

*If this is ever what this site becomes all about then I am out of here.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 03:18:04 pm »

That's the way Dubya did it.
Logged
ACHIEVE

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 03:21:07 pm »

<Shot of my hands up to my head in anguish>

When will they come out with an educational suppository for me?!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 03:25:35 pm »

I can't say anything about this that hasn't already been said in exponentially funnier ways. This is pretty damn funny though.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 03:53:16 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"

Also, I think Onstad is clearly practicing his "show a cat's bulgy-bits" moves lately.  Yesterday it was the t'weren't and today we get the low hanging fruit basket as he pulls on that tank.


Yesterday this trend disturbed me, but I've since become enlightened.  I think it reflects well on our society that we have at least one man, a father no less, whose job involves thinking up new ways to draw the genitals of a cat in a thong.

He's probably got a whole folder on his desktop with files in it called "ray's chilies, three-quarters view.eps" or similar.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 04:03:44 pm »

And when he's done, RAY KNOWS KUNG FU.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 04:09:16 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, the implication that Ray is about to take his Higher Education up the butt is sort of precious, in a weird way. Beef protesting in the dream sequence makes it just that much better.

Also, I think I've had this conversation with people, as Teodor: asking a simple question with slight jargon and getting "whoaaa, don't blind me with your SCIENCE!" in response. Grrr, bah. It's your own fault for saying something as dumb as steak and spaghetti being anywhere near each other on the Phylogenetic Tree of Dinner Options.


Yeah I was recently negotiating the next show I will direct, and inquired if the show would be under the theatre company's monkier or my own, and I was brutally mocked!  Mocked I tell you!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 04:47:34 pm »

What always gets me is when someone accuses me of using a "big word" and the word is like, "dignity" or something fairly common.  You just have to shake your head and mumble something about them being plebeians.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
8 November 2005 - Spaghetti's Dad
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 04:56:55 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You just have to shake your head and mumble something about them being plebeians.


Whoa, whoa whoa! Slow down there, Einstein. In ENGLISH, please.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up