Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just as he 'maxed (08-29-03)  (Read 5635 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Just as he 'maxed (08-29-03)
« on: August 30, 2003, 12:38:10 am »

Good god this is some funny shit.

So it sounds like Todd, Vlad, Mr. Bear, and Beef are all in the dumbwaiter.

And is putting an ashtray on a girl's back as you take her from behind really all that kinky?  I mean, seriously?

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:48:14 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 12:41:02 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Good god this is some funny shit.

So it sounds like Todd, Vlad, Mr. Bear, and Beef are all in the dumbwaiter.

And is putting an ashtray on a girl's back as you take her from behind really all that kinky?  I mean, seriously?


Depends if it has lit cigarettes in it!?!?!?!

And it's the ability to spell your name in smoke that's the kinky bit...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 12:43:16 am »

Oooh, that's definitely Mr. Bear and Vlad.  I think the "KILL THE LIGHT" guy is Blister.  

The ashtray thing is just what I'd expect from you, Jough.  Because, you know.  I know you.  Carnally*.  

*I do not know Jough in the Biblical or in any other sense.  This is what we here in Realityland refer to as "sarcasm."  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 12:48:57 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"

The ashtray thing is just what I'd expect from you, Jough. Because, you know. I know you. Carnally.


Shhhh.  I thought we weren't going to talk about that, you know, in public and stuff.

Dang.  Just don't let Pedro find out. ;)

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 12:49:57 am »

The ability to spell your name in smoke (in cursive!) is a talent, not a kink.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 12:54:32 am »

Quote from: "jough"
The ability to spell your name in smoke (in cursive!) is a talent, not a kink.


Well, yea, but some talents take on fetishistic sides. I mean, maybe Ray really gets off on the ability. We all know how narcissistic he can be!

[posting while mixing isn't easy and is probably ill-advised]
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2003, 01:08:44 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I think the "KILL THE LIGHT" guy is Blister.


GOOD CALL ON THAT

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE READING HIS MIND

OR MAYBE JUST HIS EMAIL


Those voices that we recognize: Todd, Mr. Bear, Vlad.

Potential companions: Blister, Lyle.

Left out: Pat, Teodor, Alternate Ray, Andy, Scrambles, Molly, Mantonio, Penny, Johnny Cash, Alternate Phillipe, French Fry, others.

Time for a poll?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 01:19:31 am »

what do you mean "alternate" phillipe?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2003, 01:40:03 am »

I think he (she?) means the teen Philippe, as seen in that one strip with the hair in the nachos.  He called Onstad a "fag" but then in subsequent strips Philippe has been back to his old child-like self (and is currently back in 1882).

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2003, 01:54:16 am »

:My Head is Explodin'! That smoke!:

Kinky and I LIKE it! I never did learn how to write my name in smoke. I imagine he's wiggling the ol' hips around spelling his name there, too. That would qualify for kinky too.

I'm glad he didn't burn his name into her back with the cigarette, though. That would be just sick.

I'm not so sure about the flashlight voice being Blister. That dumbwaiter is getting a little crowded. Two more new voices in there and the whole thing is going to fall into the basement.

Any thoughts as to whether Ray is going to put on an exhibition for the dumbwaiter crowd at some point in the future?
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2003, 01:57:54 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "jldunston"
I think the "KILL THE LIGHT" guy is Blister.


GOOD CALL ON THAT

IT'S LIKE YOU'RE READING HIS MIND

OR MAYBE JUST HIS EMAIL


Those voices that we recognize: Todd, Mr. Bear, Vlad.

Potential companions: Blister, Lyle.

Left out: Pat, Teodor, Alternate Ray, Andy, Scrambles, Molly, Mantonio, Penny, Johnny Cash, Alternate Phillipe, French Fry, others.

Time for a poll?


Lucifer.  Can't forget Lucifer.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

V-Adore

  • Guest
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2003, 02:05:39 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm not so sure about the flashlight voice being Blister. That dumbwaiter is getting a little crowded. Two more new voices in there and the whole thing is going to fall into the basement.

Well, if it is Blister, we at least know he's not adding any weight, being incorporeal and all.

This strip really digs in the idea that Ray has been class, or at least money, for most of his life. You have to wonder how he ended up with the Achewood gang in the first place; how do you go from being a Grand Champion American Curl, all spellin' your name in cursive smoke while you're 'maxin', to being neutered and sitting around on the curb smoking with Beef and Pat?

Also, if my virgin ears are right and "'maxin'" is a new euphemism, Onstad truly is the master of coined slang. This is all.
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2003, 02:08:48 am »

And "Maxin'" would be derived from what?
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2003, 02:09:40 am »

Quote from: "slink"

[posting while mixing isn't easy and is probably ill-advised]


I don't know how to read this now.
Slink, did you mean "posting while Maxing"?

**PS I think it's shorthand for Climaxing, which is a term they used to use for orgasms back around the time of the Phil Donahue Show I think**
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Just as he 'maxed - 29 August
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2003, 02:11:37 am »

Oh. Nevermind. Maxed. Right.

God poor Beef.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up