Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!  (Read 5334 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:11:38 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11152005

Did Showbiz really go to Cozumel or is Roast Beef lying to Ray? Probably the latter, judging mainly by the sheer number of "uh"s.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:52:44 am »

These cats have heard conflicting stories about the girls in Cozumel this time of year.

I read it as Beef was lying to Ray, why?  The look on Beef's face while Ray is singing Showbiz's praises might give a hint.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:32:19 am »

Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 11:19:45 am »

I bet he's still into them Five Large! too.  I wonder what he did with Beef's two G's and change, or did he just buy more rockford fosgates?

Also, the title of this totally should've been "Guy could party with a Dutch Oven if he wanted to".  Just a tip from me to you my Internet friends.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 12:14:15 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"


Also, the title of this totally should've been "Guy could party with a Dutch Oven if he wanted to".  Just a tip from me to you my Internet friends.


Correct.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 12:22:53 pm »

I would say that, personally, that once I pay off my debt to a company, I buy something large/expensive from them. As kind of a little thank you present.
It may sound strange to you, but, that's just how classy people like me and Showbiz roll.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 12:39:19 pm »

So, Showbiz still owes Rockford Fosgate. Will Beef confront Showbiz?

Probably. Dealing with a Showbiz-type has it's breaking point, and finding out he still owes on a debt he should have at least partly paid off is one of those. All the other bad houseguest stuff gets met with "Uh Ok whatever" and then BOOM.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 01:55:16 pm »

Somehow I don't think Showbiz is coming back for a while.
I guess there will always need to be guys who buy magazines about car stereos.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 02:14:04 pm »

The idea of Ray knowing the moods of the girls of Cozumel right off the top of his head strikes me as the funniest thing about today's.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 02:22:06 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
The idea of Ray knowing the moods of the girls of Cozumel right off the top of his head strikes me as the funniest thing about today's.

Ray can also list the top 10 party schools and the last 5 spring break hot spots.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 02:32:59 pm »

Quote from: "misterqueue"
Also, the title of this totally should've been "Guy could party with a Dutch Oven if he wanted to".  Just a tip from me to you my Internet friends.

You know what, I totally had that typed in but I decided to go the philosophical route instead. Was it the wrong thing to do? I guess we'll all find out, one day.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 03:31:27 pm »

Um, did Ray always have such a prominent navel?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 04:18:13 pm »

Onstad's getting sloppy (getting?).
I know he likes to re-use panels, because that leaves more time for drinking, beating his wife, and reading the phone book, but the last time Showbiz received a letter it was the third notice and now it's the third notice... again.

Oh man, that inattention to detail just made this strip completely suck.

F---------- WOULD NOT READ AGAIN

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 04:27:59 pm »

Quote from: "evan"

You know what, I totally had that typed in but I decided to go the philosophical route instead. Was it the wrong thing to do? I guess we'll all find out, one day.


It is okay Evan, I do not hold it against you.

YOU.ARE.RAD
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
11/15/05 - Life is hilarious!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 04:28:59 pm »

I'm subscribing to the Showbiz went back into debt to the loansharks at Rockford and Fosgate again. Even if that aforementioned letter was first notice, that's only 2 additional notices over the last 3 years. That would be extremely patient for a collections department.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up