Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this how it works?  (Read 4542 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« on: November 21, 2005, 04:16:48 pm »

Hi everyone

I have been reading Achewood since almost the beginning. I found this board just recently because I have been bored at work lately, though I used to lurk on the first Achewood board just because watching Onstad be mean to people was almost as good as the comics. I recognize some names from there.

I am an editor and I live in Chicago (from Maine originally). Nice to meet you!

Biz
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 04:55:38 pm »

Welcome.  Wipe your feet and don't steal any of the silverware.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 05:00:14 pm »

Hi Biz

Welcome.

I was on the old board, though I don't think Onstad ever mocked me.  I seem to remember swapping cooking tips with him at some point though.

As you may, or may not have figured out, Jough runs things around here, so be nice to him.  He can sometimes be like that crotchety old neighbour you had as a kid, so don't walk on his lawn.  He can also sometimes be like a Vedic Guru to his underlings, and at those times his love is very warm and magical.  Either way - he has powers!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 05:07:01 pm »

Man Onstad was ferocious on the old board. Sounds like you got on his good side with the cooking, but I bet he found a hilarious way to judge and dislike you anyway that he didn't post only because the thread was already locked. Does he ever come here?
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Is this how it works?
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 05:59:04 pm »

He has a board account and posted here for a while, but as far as I know he doesn't really post anymore. I can't blame him; the guy has a baby, after all, and thus bigger giraffe to fry than us.

Welcome, by the way.
Logged

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 06:09:08 pm »

Yeah I guess a baby will make you care less about internet message boards. I give him credit though, he was so much worse about posting strips on time (or at all) BEFORE the baby. For a while now you can basically count on four solid strips a week and some good blogs.
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 09:27:01 pm »

One question...are you my mother?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 10:24:49 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
...the guy has a baby, after all, and thus bigger giraffe to fry than us.


God, that gave me a fucked up mental image.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 10:30:14 pm »

Yeah, and they were merciless about me eating a baby.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 11:16:03 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Yeah, and they were mercilessly about me eating a baby.


Wow, you hold a grudge for a long time!  Talk about eating someone's child and they don't like it for some reason, right?  

I think I apologized, but perhaps not seriously enough.  

I'm sorry for threatening AlohaPup (tm)* and all AlohaPup's (tm) subsidiary rights.  I retract all statements in regard to eating, cooking or otherwise prepairing AlohaPup (tm)  for human consumption.  

*AlohaPup (tm) is meant only for loving, smiling at and saying nice things about, and to do otherwise violates AlohaPup's (tm) policy of use and may void AlohaPup's (tm) warranty and result in getting on the nerves of, or bringing about the wrath of God from, AlohaDawg (tm).  The organizers of TOUAMB are not responsible for damages resulting in the mocking of AlohaDawg (tm), AlohaPup, or any affiliated parties.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 11:40:23 pm »

You know that  you're too cute to stay mad at for more than a minute at a time. I'm not holding a grudge, I'm just bitter is all.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 11:48:22 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
You know that  you're too cute to stay mad at for more than a minute at a time. I'm not holding a grudge, I'm just bitter is all.


I'm sorry, but really the cutest thing of all is the idea that you have children that I will term "AlohaPups" from now on.  That is very cute to me.  My SO sometimes refers to himself as a "young pup" and it always seems so cute to me.  But then anything related to dogs or puppies is cute to me 1) because I'm a girl, and 2) because I long for a dog of my own like some women my age long for a baby.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 11:50:22 pm »

Oh hell, are we back to talking about eating babies?  Next thing you know it'll be thousands of embedded quotes and barbed penes.

We have to move on and grow, people!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 11:55:44 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Oh hell, are we back to talking about eating babies?  Next thing you know it'll be thousands of embedded quotes and barbed penes.

We have to move on and grow, people!


Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Quote from: "AugOeste"
"embedded quotes and barbed penes"
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Is this how it works?
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 01:11:29 am »

If I ever have a kid, I'ma call it "Mancub."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up