Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Dunston  (Read 14934 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2006, 05:19:58 pm »

Thanks...I guess? 

The child is down for his nap, and I of course came rushing straight to your arms...but after such a long absence, I don't know where to begin catching up.  What's been going on around here?  What threads do I need to read so as not to post comments that cause you to glance sideways at one another and silently think ill of my manners?  What running gags am I not going to get when I encounter them, as I no doubt will?  Who are all these new people, and what redeeming qualities render them worthy of access to our little sandbox?  (I know y'all haven't gotten so slack that you've stopped brutally hazing new members, right?) 

In other words...where do I go from here? 

Just show up once in awhile and don't worry about it.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2006, 12:07:55 am »

Thanks...I guess? 

The child is down for his nap, and I of course came rushing straight to your arms...but after such a long absence, I don't know where to begin catching up.  What's been going on around here?  What threads do I need to read so as not to post comments that cause you to glance sideways at one another and silently think ill of my manners?  What running gags am I not going to get when I encounter them, as I no doubt will?  Who are all these new people, and what redeeming qualities render them worthy of access to our little sandbox?  (I know y'all haven't gotten so slack that you've stopped brutally hazing new members, right?) 

In other words...where do I go from here? 

Man, don't worry about it. Once one of us, always one of us. (We're sorta like circus freaks in that regard.) Just show up and post; don't worry about the zeitgeist. I sure don't!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2006, 12:52:07 am »

JL - we now have a quantitative marker for the worth of a noob in the guise of a Tiny Can of Dr Pepper, the smallest unit of liking or disliking someone.

Some of the noobs have become "regulars" fairly quickly. 

Some of the other regulars have fallen off the face of the earth.  It happens.

Otherwise, we'll be adding a few new moderators soon, and basically hyping up the place.  I think the membership has grown at a very nice and sustainable level, and the new board software is working out nicely I think.

Otherwise, kick back and enjoy.  Read anything or nothing.  Post whatever and whenever you feel.  We're always happy to have you here, and promise to only mock you to your fac.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2006, 12:53:38 am »

We're sorta like circus freaks in that regard.

And this is another fine compliment if I do say so.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2006, 03:42:46 am »

Quote from: jldunston link=topic=2308.msg5t464#msg51464 date=1136304090
What threads do I need to read so as not to post comments that cause you to glance sideways at one another and silently think ill of my manners?  What running gags am I not going to get when I encounter them, as I no doubt will?  In other words...where do I go from here?

Whatever you decide to post about will automatically become the hot topic.  That's as it should be.  Welcome home Den Mother.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2006, 01:33:37 am »

Quote from: jough

Some of the other regulars have fallen off the face of the earth.  It happens.

I did my best to get back on the board under my old moniker, but it did not work.  So now I'm Evil Limmo, Limmo's counterpart from the Mirror Universe.   

Hi, everyone. Happy New Year.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2006, 02:11:18 am »

Limmo!

Limmo gets a Tiny Can for turning his problem registering into an opportunity to make a reference that newbies will not get.  Incidentally - what's the opposite of newbies?  Oldbies?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2006, 03:54:14 am »

Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2006, 05:23:19 am »

No, but dig on my kicky new midriff-baring outfit!

Oh, and I think the opposite of "newbie" should be "old French whore."
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2006, 05:14:58 pm »

Yay, Limmo is back, and he's got a new sassy look.  Here's a tiny can for you!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Dunston
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2006, 07:20:49 pm »

Alright, Evil Limmo is dead, for technical reasons.  Long live Evil Limmo.

I'll be back as Limmo for the foreseeable whatever. 


Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up