Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: is this kosher?  (Read 15517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 02:28:32 am »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
What would happen if you gave potted kudzoo to someone? Really, how crazy does that stuff grow?  If the answer if good, I know what I'm giving for Christmas!


Kudzu grows like crazy go nuts under the right conditions.  In the South it's been measured at sixty feet per year.  It's evil, but also sometimes it is pretty.  There was a creek drainage near my childhood home that was covered with the stuff - it was like some alien jungle Star Trek world to play in.

Now I look back and wonder why I never thought about the snakes that were surely hiding in it.

Er, but yeah.  If it's got the right conditions, a foot a day isn't out of the question.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 02:36:04 am »

Kudzu always reminds me of that green alien plant shit in the first "Creepshow" comic book- you know, the guy touches the green goo in the meteorite, and next thing you know he's covered in moss and trying to blow his own head off, and the moss is spreading TOWARDS CHICAGO!
However, at the park right by my house at home(and by park, I mean "total wilderness encompassed by roads"), there are some trees that have been so completely covered in kudzu that they appear to be giant bushes. You can actual walk throught the kudzu and find yourself in a tiny kudzu room, with the tree trunk in the middle. You might also find a ratty lawn chair and some old Busch Lite cans in there, but that's the price you pay for learning where the hobbits dwell.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 04:28:45 am »

I have a friend who parked a car in his yard in Georgia and by the end of the summer, the kudzu had grown in, around and through everything under the hood so as to make the vehicle inoperable and require days of work to make operable.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
is this kosher?
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 04:30:56 am »

Bozack, why didn't you tell me about this magical place before I went to Louisville?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 06:52:30 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Bozack, why didn't you tell me about this magical place before I went to Louisville?


Because it's right by my house? I mean, I like you guys and all, and I'd love to meet you somewhere, but the idea that you could be hanging around my neighborhood....it's unsettling.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 02:57:53 pm »

I could be hanging around your neighborhood anytime.  Even right now!  Muwahahahaha!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 03:02:59 pm »

kudZOO, kudZU

Well maybe I'll snip a few stalks of that stuff and grow it in my new apartment.  You know, the new apartment where I had to call the cops my first day there 'cause the crazy next door fired off his gun a couple times at about four in the afternoon? I could grow a bunch of it and cut it to fill in the three inch gaps under the storm windows so that maybe it'll be not a TOTAL waste to have the furnace going. I heard my roomate get up this morning and click it on while she got ready to go to her final and then turn it off as she left 'cause she knew I'd get mad.  

YaY! fOr InDEpEnDenCE!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
is this kosher?
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 08:14:16 pm »

Re: keeping kosher-

Yesterday, I was at a photography supply store. Now, all of the major photography supply stores in Manhattan are run by observant Jews; they're not Hasidic, but they all wear the kippah and have the payot. So a guy was up at the film desk, and apparently his film of choice had just stopped production. The guy at the counter, attempting to consolde him, told him that, you know, he could always switch to digital.
His response?
"Man, I'll switch to digital the day you sit down with me and enjoy a ham sandwich."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 06:14:40 am »

I just gave Bozack a can for something he wrote over 4 years ago.  I'm really loving this Tell us Things thread.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 07:20:30 am »

how the fuck does bozack have so few cans? there had to have been some reset.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 11:30:55 am »

Yeah there was as I recall, I can't find the thread just now though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »

Jough made cans senseless through whimsy
So Wombat wasn't the first!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 10:47:10 pm »

The cans were a useful and productive feedback mechanism until the most recent iteration of admins who just gave thousands of cans to anyone who made them laugh. Cans were a good idea until this happened, now with the new admins they are exactly fuck*ng pointless.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 10:59:02 pm »

Boohoo
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 11:09:52 pm »

Leave it to the economist-type to argue that imaginary award points should MEAN SOMETHING! haha.

Render unto the imaginary what is the imaginary's, A Dude would say.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up