Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)  (Read 12040 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2005, 02:41:16 am »

Oh, more about Utah drinking--

There is a great place downtown called the Bayou with over 200 beers (about 30 or so on tap I think).  Beer list and location is on the site.  It's great, but not the cheapest.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2005, 02:53:34 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"


137th and Broadway, boyee! I'm not in Inwood yet, but I feel your pain- none of my Brooklyn friends ever want to come up.


But they think you should come to Brooklyn, right?  My friends in Brooklyn always seemed to think that the distance I had to travel from the Bronx to Brooklyn was somehow shorter than the distance they would have to travel from Brooklyn to the Bronx.  Something about the greater comparative coolness of Brooklyn warping the space-time continuum, I figure.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2005, 07:49:18 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
But they think you should come to Brooklyn, right?


Of course they do, and then act suprised when I tell them I'm sleeping there. Every time I head over, it's like I'm on the god-damned Oregon Trail, and that's only if I'm going to my friends who live on Bedford, the first stop in Brooklyn on the L (and the most pretention per square acre in all of BKLYN). I have a friend who lives off of the G line, a subway line I didn't even know existed until she told me to go there.
In any case, at least I live on the same damn island as places that aren't bars that might possibly be open after 11 pm- where's your Gray's Papaya, Brooklyn? No recession special for you!

Note: I google map'd to make sure there were no Gray's Papayas in Brooklyn; in one of the listings, there was a quote:
Quote from: "Metroblogging NYC"
There are only a few reasons to venture out to the Upper West Side:
Gray's Papaya, Riverside Park, and the Natural History Museum.

Fuck you, Metroblogging. Fuck you in your EYES.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2005, 02:22:37 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Fuck you, Metroblogging. Fuck you in your EYES.

When did you start channeling R. Lee Ermy?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2005, 03:19:44 pm »

The Ying-a-ling is at damn well near every bar in the DC area these days.  This is a good thing.  It was our beer of choice at parties in college--Yuengling Lager for open parties, Yuengling Black & Tan for brothers-only events.  (Yes, I was in a fraternity.  If you don't like it, tough shit.)

Jough, you ever been up to Stoudt's in Adamstown?  Damn fine beers, and they have highly enjoyable microbrew festivals and such.  The hard part is figuring out how to get home, though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2005, 04:07:11 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
a Compendium of Exquisite Delightes for Those Who Desire Drinke Beeres & Ales in Utah


Thanks for this, it will be very helpful.  My family lives up in the DC (Davis County) so I may or may not make it into the city to go to, like, places where drinkin' is done publically.
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2005, 04:10:56 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
137th and Broadway, boyee! I'm not in Inwood yet, but I feel your pain- none of my Brooklyn friends ever want to come up. But I'm thinkin'.... There's a cheap reggae bar in the West 120's- WE SHOUD PARTY.


Brooklyn.  Who needs it.  I ask you.

Maybe we should have some kind of NYC TOUAMB get together?  I think there is at least one other person on the board from NYC, or at least there was at some point.  Has this ever been attempted before?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2005, 04:19:05 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
Quote from: "miles"
a Compendium of Exquisite Delightes for Those Who Desire Drinke Beeres & Ales in Utah


Thanks for this, it will be very helpful.  My family lives up in the DC (Davis County) so I may or may not make it into the city to go to, like, places where drinkin' is done publically.


OK, cool.  The only people I know in DC don't drink, but I'll see if I can find anything out.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Beer and Beer Snobbery (split from Dec. '05 blogs)
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2005, 06:17:29 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I was kind of hoping that it made you into the Incredible Aloha Hulk- a kinder, gentler Hulk, who wears bermuda shorts and kayaks. Maybe he has a beard.
But I know how the adrenaline thing is, although my ongoing experience with it is short-term- because I'm going off that medicine, my body is basically experiencing a low-level panic attack at all times. My adrenaline levels are boosted to the roof right now; consequently, every time I eat something, there's a two hour period that comes twenty minutes later where I get a constant stomach pain, the kind you get from a square-on hit in the balls. Is that the sort of stomach pain you had, AD?


That'd definitely one of them. There is this other weird one that feels like someone stuck an icepick in by belly button. The pain follows a nerve or something, goes due south and terminates after passing through my secret junk.

Paddling was what solved all these problems, just that constant rhythmic exercise (and helping pull a 600 lb boat with 5 200+ lb guys in it.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up