Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF Nippon, Part 58  (Read 4291 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« on: December 06, 2005, 02:32:34 pm »

Boy-band ensemble dancing plus Michael Jacksonesque moves: Check
Catchy but kind of retarded disco/house backing track: Check
Japanese rap without any consideration for microphone gain levels: Check
Puppets left over from Meet the Feebles: Check

Look, I'm not going to say they're doing the Cabbage Patch at the end, but I want to believe.

Commercial for Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Logged

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 04:15:16 pm »

Do they think their dancing is going to kill Ganon?

Come to think of it they might be on to something.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 05:31:49 pm »

hah...that's all I got, but it was entertaining. I have one question was Link played by a dude or a chick? I seriously couldn't tell.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 05:51:57 pm »

Quote from: "Hobo Frenzy"
hah...that's all I got, but it was entertaining. I have one question was Link played by a dude or a chick? I seriously couldn't tell.


Looks like a woman.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 05:52:04 pm »

Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 05:53:42 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.


It was the Super Nintendo version of Zelda. This is an old commercial.  

It's like Thriller, only with people in renaissance garb and monster gear dancing in a styrofoam dungeon. Sounds like some goth clubs I've seen.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 05:55:28 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.


It was the Super Nintendo version of Zelda. This is an old commercial.

Yes, I caught that much, what with the big ol' "Super Famicom" logo and all. (The only parts of the rap I caught were "Zeruda no Densetsu" and "Supaa Famicon," which also get the points across. I was just saying that it was an effective commercial, is all.

Quote
It's like Thriller, only with people in renaissance garb and monster gear dancing in a styrofoam dungeon. Sounds like some goth clubs I've seen.

Hell, I've gone to that party.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 07:59:19 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Holy crap. I would buy this product IMMEDIATELY if given the option. I especially like that all the monsters are joining in the jammin'.


It was the Super Nintendo version of Zelda. This is an old commercial.

Yes, I caught that much, what with the big ol' "Super Famicom" logo and all. (The only parts of the rap I caught were "Zeruda no Densetsu" and "Supaa Famicon," which also get the points across. I was just saying that it was an effective commercial, is all.

Quote
It's like Thriller, only with people in renaissance garb and monster gear dancing in a styrofoam dungeon. Sounds like some goth clubs I've seen.

Hell, I've gone to that party.


Goth.
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 11:12:54 pm »

Can "Zeruda no Densetsu" be taken to mean "Zelda's Fight" ?

Well, right now, I love this video more than my own life.
Logged
I am older now.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 11:39:44 pm »

"Zelda no Densetsu" just means "Zelda's Legend" or "Legend of Zelda". It's a straightforward translation.

The commercial is awesome. I'm not sure what else I can say about it that wouldn't just be redundant.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 11:40:22 pm »

Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

mudokon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 11:46:57 pm »

That is a long commercial.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 12:30:29 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.


This is one of those cases where I'm not sure whether it is a guy or a girl, but I hope it's a girl, because I feel a slight sexual attraction to it.

All in all, this commercial is much better than the He-Man movie with Dolph Lundgren.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 03:05:59 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.


This is one of those cases where I'm not sure whether it is a guy or a girl, but I hope it's a girl, because I feel a slight sexual attraction to it.


And that it's over 18, too (at least I hope you think that).

Oh, and I like the commercial.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
WTF Nippon, Part 58
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 04:25:14 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Is Link being played by a girl? I can never figure that out whenever this video makes the rounds somewhere.


This is one of those cases where I'm not sure whether it is a guy or a girl, but I hope it's a girl, because I feel a slight sexual attraction to it.

All in all, this commercial is much better than the He-Man movie with Dolph Lundgren.


It's a chick. I was totally hoping they would kiss when she gets the Princess out of the cage.

Damn.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up