Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 Weblog Awards?  (Read 6552 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

safety_otter

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« on: December 08, 2005, 05:22:29 pm »

I stumbled onto the 2005 weblog awards and noticed that achewood was listed as a contestant and was firmly in last place with only 79 votes at the time of this writing.  Now i don't think were gonna be able to catch up to the current leader (who im guessing is cheating since they have nearly 5 times the # of votes of the average, yet is no where near 5 times as funny) but i think chris' efforts should at least merit higher than last place.

http://weblogawards.org/2005/12/best_humorcomics_blog.php

(If this has been covered here already, I apologize, nothing turned up in a few searches)
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 05:25:21 pm »

Yeah, see, I like Achewood, and I don't especially care for any of the other contenders, but Achewood just is not a blog, and I am wondering how it even got on their list.
Logged
goose means greedy

safety_otter

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 06:11:42 pm »

Just a guess, but it is prolly listed there because of multitude of humorous character blogs associated with the comic.  They are hard to notice, but they are linked in the bottom right corner of the main page (Oh and in red at the top of the page in the middle.)
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 06:14:40 pm »

To be fair it does say comic/humor blog.. and if Dogbert's blog can be listed I don't really see why not.  

However, by nature I'm sort of anti popularity contests so.. good luck to it and all I suppose.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

hoborg

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 02:55:05 am »

Winning a "Best Blog" competition is like winning a "Messiest Diarrhea" competition.

I don't think Onstad cares. His character blogs are great, but only because they directly relate to the comic. Also because they aren't always making sarcastic remarks about politics.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 06:47:06 am »

You know, I hear- and this is just word of mouth, so take it as that- I hear that this Bush fellow? The President? Apparently, he's real dumb! It's the first I've ever heard anything like this!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 07:13:00 am »

Bozack that  would be hella ironic and all if our dumbass president's actions didn't have cronkite consequences for all of us for the next couple of generations or so.  Your ass is going to be paying for his arrogance/ignorance.  Likewise your grandchildren and great-grandcubs.

Don't give a shit about your progeny's destiny?  Blink your eyes, breed and dream of retiring and I swear you will.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 07:15:35 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Bozack that  would be hella ironic and all if our dumbass president's actions didn't have cronkite consequences for all of us for the next couple of generations or so.  Your ass is going to be paying for his arrogance/ignorance.  Likewise your grandchildren and great-grandcubs.

Don't give a shit about your progeny's destiny?  Blink your eyes, breed and dream of retiring and I swear you will.


Well fuck.  I better not breed.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 07:24:07 am »

I wasn't saying anything political, one way or the other. It's just I've heard that joke 100000 times from weblogs, comics and my friends. I...I got it, you know? Can't talk? The pretzel thing? Tried to go out the wrong door? High-larious. Or maybe it was in 2000-01. The joke got old a long time ago.

And, to be perfectly honest, I'm probably gonna hightail it the hell out of this country pretty soon. I've seen the writing on the wall- my ass is TOAST if I stay. I'll hopefully be in Canada by next fall.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 07:47:06 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
And, to be perfectly honest, I'm probably gonna hightail it the hell out of this country pretty soon. I've seen the writing on the wall- my ass is TOAST if I stay. I'll hopefully be in Canada by next fall.

Lily's got a guy now so you're gonna have to duel.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 07:49:23 am »

I hope not- I've seen the pictures. He's like some sort of giant gangly monkey, ten feet tall if he is an inch, and it appears he goes outside. Also, she has assured me that he is not punchy.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 09:40:34 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I'll hopefully be in Canada by next fall.


Yay! Maybe in time for my birthday?  Maybe with the promised tiny little cans of Dr. Pepper?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 05:01:15 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Bozack"
I'll hopefully be in Canada by next fall.

Yay! Maybe in time for my birthday?  Maybe with the promised tiny little cans of Dr. Pepper?

Dr. Pepper is originally from Texas.  I just thought you should know that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 05:04:54 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Dr. Pepper is originally from Texas.  I just thought you should know that.

Just another reason to hate Texas. Frickin' Dr Pepper sucks so much. Bein' all pretentious with its no period. Tasting all like licking a monkey's ass. See you in hell, Pepper!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 05:16:48 pm »

What the hell.  I voted for Achewood, and it is no longer in last place.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up