I am a big fan of these. Onstad, if you're reading- a lot more Fuck You Fridays, a few less Phillippe Phact Phridays.
And the Voltaire quote is so excellent I can taste it.
Also: Sweet Caroline! Ba, Ba, Bah! Good times never felt so goooood!
Funny story- I had never heard that song until last month, when my ladyfriend and I were shanghai'd into standing around awkwardly at her cousin's Sweet 16 party, trying to make sure they didn't, I don't know, commit the sex acts? I was just trying to not feel like I was violating Megan's Law when it turned out that a)yes, there is a dance to "Booty Call," and b)all of these 15 and 16 year old girls know it*. Anyway, yeah, that song came on, and I had never heard it, so I assumed it was some really obscure thing, until the DJ guy turned the speakers off so people would sing the chorus, and everyone actually did. I was horrified and confused.
*You know, I read back through that and I think I should make it clear that I'm not a child molester; what I mean is, you know that really creepy feeling you get when you see people a fair amount younger than you trying to act sexy, in a really awkward manner? I had that. And then I started to remember what I was doing at that age, and I felt really creeped out.