Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this really Onstad?  (Read 24340 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2003, 06:49:30 pm »

I love the picture.

But what's with the FRIED EGG?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2003, 07:13:56 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I love the picture.

But what's with the FRIED EGG?


It's full of cholesterol, just like me.

Why did that post as a link rather than a picture???
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2003, 07:16:40 pm »

I don't know, but I fixed it.  Somehow.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2003, 08:24:37 pm »

I just realized that one of the things I love about that picture is that it makes me think I might not be the only person on this board old enough to remember, say, the Reagan administration.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2003, 08:33:35 pm »

Oh, yes, I remember Reagan well.

And I watched Family Ties, too.

As I look upon August's fine, nuclear family squinting into the morning sun, I am reminded of my own 80s late childhood and adolescence.

All wearing skinny leather ties to school
All moussing my hair up
All getting shunned like Ducky Dale in 'Pretty in Pink'
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2003, 08:55:11 pm »

All havin' mall bangs
All wearin' fluorescent colors
All gettin' slap bracelets banned from school
All wearin' jelly shoes and carryin' a Rainbow Brite lunch box

Yeah, I remember the '80s.  I was just a kid, but I remember them well.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2003, 09:01:16 pm »

All living in a Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance T-shirt

All thinking that CUNT-flavored rolling papers were cool

All cutting school to see Return of the Jedi
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2003, 09:24:54 pm »

All digging on a pair of neon-green mushroom grips for the bike
All saying tubular and radical and awesome and grungy
All wishing for a step-van to surf on like in Teen-Wolf
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2003, 01:22:34 am »

jldunston, snap bracelets banned?

Why, then, would one even continue to make the effort to stay alive?
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2003, 01:49:21 am »

I figure JLD was born around 1979 or so; Snap Bracelets are still awfully important to the little ones. My kid loves 'em. I especially like the Rainbow Brite Lunchbox. JL you will think I'm ancient when I tell you I had a SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN lunchbox.

I forgot to add:

All slow dancin' to Journey
All dressin' like Miami Vice
All Partyin' like it's 1999 (and, then, it WAS!!)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2003, 01:52:58 am »

Remember the Reagan administration?  Hell, I can remember the Johnson administration.

No, not the Andrew Johnson administration.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2003, 02:12:32 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
jldunston, snap bracelets banned?

Why, then, would one even continue to make the effort to stay alive?

When snap bracelets are banned, clearly a totalitarian regime of true and unending horror is in place.

(Whippersnapper Moment[tm]: In my year as president of my elementary-school student council, I campaigned semi-successfully for the lifting of a Pog ban.)
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2003, 02:36:05 am »

Did nobody else get slap bracelets banned?  The story was (an urban legend I'm sure) that they used to have metal in them, and this girl (always a friend of a friend at another school) slit her wrists one day when the metal came through the fabric.  

I hear the modern ones are made of plastic.  

And yes, I was born in exactly 1979.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
folks
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2003, 03:15:02 am »

J.L. = pretty

August = paterfamilias
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2003, 03:44:01 am »

They used to be made of spring steel (same stuff in those handheld clicker noisemakers). I think some of them still are; the plastic ones don't spring so well.

My older sister graduated in '79.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up